Add your review of Mr Gaurav Batra

Not at all Totally

I confirm that I have read and that I accept your Terms and Conditions and agree to my personal data being used in accordance with your Privacy Policy.
   or

Mr Gaurav Batra

31 reviews

I am a Consultant Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon. I have been a NHS Consultant since 2009. My NHS base is at Salford Royal Hospital and I have private patient admitting rights at The Oaklands Hospital on Lancaster Road in Salford and Spire Manchester Hospital in Didsbury. I perform Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement, ACL reconstruction and Arthroscopic (keyhole) Knee Surgery. I also deal with unexplained hip and knee pain where there has been difficulty in making a diagnosis. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. Originally from Lancashire, I returned to the northwest in 1996 for my basic surgical training, which I completed in 1998. From 1999, I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and completed a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed the Bolton Knee Fellowship at the end of my training in 2009 before taking up the Leicester Hip Fellowship. In September 2009 I left Leicester and became a Locum Consultant in the Arthroplasty Unit at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. In 2010, I was appointed as a Substantive Consultant at the prestigious Salford Royal Hospital.

Specialties