Add your review of Mr Gaurav Batra

Not at all Totally

I confirm that I have read and that I accept your Terms and Conditions and agree to my personal data being used in accordance with your Privacy Policy.

Mr Gaurav Batra

7 reviews

I am a Consultant Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon. My NHS base is at Salford Royal Hospital and I have private patient admitting rights at The Oaklands Hospital on Lancaster Road in Salford and Spire Manchester Hospital in Whalley Range. I perform Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement and Arthroscopic (keyhole) Knee Surgery including ACL Reconstruction. I also deal with unexplained hip and knee pain where there has been difficulty in making a diagnosis. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. Originally from Lancashire, I returned to the northwest in 1996 for my basic surgical training, which I completed in 1998. From 1999, I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. In 2009, I visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and completed a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship before working as a Consultant at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in the Arthroplasty Unit. In 2010, I was appointed as a substantive consultant at Salford Royal Hospital.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery