Mr Gaurav Batra

I am a Consultant Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon. I have been a NHS Consultant since 2009. My NHS base is at Salford Royal Hospital and I have private patient admitting rights at The Oaklands Hospital on Lancaster Road in Salford and Spire Manchester Hospital in Didsbury. I perform Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement, ACL reconstruction and Arthroscopic (keyhole) Knee Surgery. I also deal with unexplained hip and knee pain where there has been difficulty in making a diagnosis. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. Originally from Lancashire, I returned to the northwest in 1996 for my basic surgical training, which I completed in 1998. From 1999, I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and completed a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed the Bolton Knee Fellowship at the end of my training in 2009 before taking up the Leicester Hip Fellowship. In September 2009 I left Leicester and became a Locum Consultant in the Arthroplasty Unit at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. In 2010, I was appointed as a Substantive Consultant at the prestigious Salford Royal Hospital.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

17th October 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Great surgeon, very caring and knowledgeable. Was very honest and truthfull with his advice . Also explained what would happen before, during and after my knee replacement. Now done and back on my feet living full life. All what he told me was exactly correct. Lovely kind , calm man with a great ability. Even operation ,( which I was worried about whilst awake,) was perfection and an amazing experience, even though you hear things it was pain free and great to talk to all the great staff who looked after me as soon as op had finished. Would recommend Mr Batra any day. Well done and Thank You. David Hoult

16th October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Just wanted to say after being discharged today how fantastic Mr Batra has been over the last 18 months. I have had two surgeries, one total hip replacement and a knee arthroscopy both which have been a resounding success. Mr Batra always goes that extra mile putting my family and I at ease every step of the way. Mr Batra is a very knowledgeable, personable and all round nice man who I would thoroughly recommend to anyone. And a special mention to Judith his Secretary always very polite and if I left a message always got back to me every single time. Thank you both

17th August 2017
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

I found Dr Batra to be extremely professional with a lovely, caring manner. It was my 2nd knee replacement operation and I was very anxious. He put me at ease, explained everything in great detail. I had the operation at Salford Royal Hospital this year and am pleased to say I am now pain free. I would like to thank Dr Batra very much for his care and attention and would definitely recommend him to anyone thinking of having an orthopedic procedure.

31st July 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Dear Dr Batra Firstly I want to thank you for how the operation went, the care at Oaklands and especially how good my knee looks in such a short space of time! I can honestly say that this is the best I have been after any operation, even though I know this is operation was only minor and quite straightforward for yourself. The team you have and the aftercare is excellent. Thank you for your excellent work on my knee and hopefully I'll be back playing again very soon! Wishing you and your staff continuing success.

28th July 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Dr Batra had to replace my hip due to a previous replacement by another Consultant at another hospital that had gone terribly wrong. I can't thank him enough for giving me back the ability to get around and being pain free. Can't praise this man enough, he is a fantastic professional surgeon! Thank you.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g