Mr Gaurav Batra

I am a Consultant Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon. My NHS base is at Salford Royal Hospital and I have private patient admitting rights at The Oaklands Hospital on Lancaster Road in Salford and Spire Manchester Hospital in Whalley Range. I perform Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement and Arthroscopic (keyhole) Knee Surgery including ACL Reconstruction. I also deal with unexplained hip and knee pain where there has been difficulty in making a diagnosis. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. Originally from Lancashire, I returned to the northwest in 1996 for my basic surgical training, which I completed in 1998. From 1999, I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. In 2009, I visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and completed a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship before working as a Consultant at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in the Arthroplasty Unit. In 2010, I was appointed as a substantive consultant at Salford Royal Hospital.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

23rd November 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

My left hip was replaced by Mr Batra at Spire Hospital almost four weeks ago and i couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I have recovered extremely quickly and am already walking without even a cane up to two miles a day. I haven't even had to have staples removed and the scarring is im sure going to be minimal. Mr Batra is a very skilled surgeon and very pleasant to deal with. I can't recommend him highly enough.

8th November 2016
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

From my first appointment with Mr Barta I felt very comfortable, his experience and knowledge came through very clearly. After operating on my right knee he explained everything that he had done and what I could expect from the operation, I would definitely recommend him to anybody who needs to see a hip & knee surgeon.

7th November 2016
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had my left total knee replacement in September 2014. Which went very well. I had my right total knee replacement in Novenber 2015 which also went very well. I had total faith in my consultant who explained everything in great detail about the two operations, so I knew what would happen right from the start. The aftercare (physiothapy) was excellent, and it was explained to me that I would have to do all the exercises at home everyday so as to regain full movement. I can now kneel on my knees which I could not do before. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Batra to anyone also the hospital where I had both operations, their aftercare was exceptional. I have already recommended Mr Batra and the Oaklands hospital to several people.

23rd October 2016
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

i found mr batra listened to everything i had to say and took it on board and in return he explained everything to me in a manner that i could understand i would recommend him too anyone in the same position as me

29th September 2016
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

On first meeting Mr Batra , Having had scans and x-rays, he explained the finding's and fully explained any risks that go along with surgery. He was confident, surgery would make a beneficial improvement to my knee. On the day of surgery he was extremely reassuring going through the procedure he was about to perform.After surgery Mr Batra came to explain what he had done during the operation, nothing seems to be too much trouble and makes you feel you are his only patient . On my follow up appointment once again as my father would say "he has an excellent bedside manner ". He has through this process, been very calming, confident an excellent surgeon and a thoroughly charming gentleman. No doubt as i get older my knee's will need attention again ,and this is the first person i shall turn to. Thank you Mr Batra . Garry Parsons

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g