Mr Gaurav Batra

I am a Consultant Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon. I have been a NHS Consultant since 2009. My NHS base is at Salford Royal Hospital and I have private patient admitting rights at The Oaklands Hospital on Lancaster Road in Salford and Spire Manchester Hospital in Didsbury. I perform Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement, ACL reconstruction and Arthroscopic (keyhole) Knee Surgery. I also deal with unexplained hip and knee pain where there has been difficulty in making a diagnosis. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. Originally from Lancashire, I returned to the northwest in 1996 for my basic surgical training, which I completed in 1998. From 1999, I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and completed a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed the Bolton Knee Fellowship at the end of my training in 2009 before taking up the Leicester Hip Fellowship. In September 2009 I left Leicester and became a Locum Consultant in the Arthroplasty Unit at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. In 2010, I was appointed as a Substantive Consultant at the prestigious Salford Royal Hospital.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

18th February 2017
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

Do not hesitate to choose Mr Batra for your surgery. My total hip replacement was 8 weeks ago and I am now taking daily walks, no painkillers and completely pain free. Moreover, my scar is neat & healed very quickly. From our first consultation I was confident that Mr Batra had my best interests in mind; he listened intently & gave sound advice to all of my queries with affability and professionalism. Above all, I knew from that day that Mr Batra saw me as a whole person..not just a hip!! Many thanks Mr B.

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

On my first meeting with Mr Batra - he explained everything about the procedure and the expected recovery. I was very nervous on the day of my operation - however once I went to the theatre I was reassured. I had an epidural an was awake throughout the operation - the anaesthetist was really good and constantantly checked I was ok. After the operation I went on the ward. Mr Batra came to see me the next day to see how I was getting on. Again he explained what had been done and told me the operation went well. I was discharged from the hospital (Oaklands) on the 4th day. The wound was very neat and clean. I have had physio and made sure I have kept up with the exercise as instructed by Mr Batra. I returned to the hospital after 8 weeks had past which was on 1/2/2017 - Mr Batra looked at the x-ray taken after the op and explained what a good fit the replacement was. He was also very pleased with my progress and the movement I have. Before I am fully discharged I will see Mr Batra again in November which will be 12 months after the operation. The scar on my knee is unbelievably neat. Apart from being an excellent surgeon I found Mr Batra to be very honest and caring. The fact that he came to see me after the operation and seeing him last week after 8 weeks and then seeing him at the end of this year makes me as a patient feel that I matter. I was really nervous going into hospital for this operation but after this experience I wouldn't be nervous for any future procedures - especially if Mr Batra is the surgeon. Thank you very much Mr Batra!

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I have had a full knee replacement done by Mr Batra with excellent results! I have had a very good experience with very good after care. Can't recommend highly enough.

Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had a hip arthroscopy done by Mr Batra at the Oaklands Hospital in December for a labral tear. Mr Batra was very informative about my treatment beforehand, as was his website. A few weeks on, I am very pleased with the result and will be back to have the other side done later this year, so I can carry on with my sporting activities. I have already recommended Mr Batra to a very close friend.

27th January 2017
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

Dear Mr. Batra I had my hip replacement (Dec 2015) after suffering extreme pain for a long time, which severely effected, my normal walking and sitting activity. Since the replacement, I can honestly say I am a different man, now regularly attending the gym, playing Golf without any pain and my general physical movement has vastly improved, as expected for a 52 yr old male. May I take this opportunity, to sincerely thank you and your team, for the efficient, first class treatment and dedicated care, I have received throughout. I cannot thank you enough and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend you and your team to anyone in the future. Many thanks TE

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g