Mr Gaurav Batra

I have been a Hip & Knee Orthopaedic Surgeon Consultant at Salford Royal Hospital since 2010. I perform Hip and Knee Replacement, Revision Hip and Knee Replacement, Arthroscopic (keyhole) Hip and Knee Surgery, including ACL reconstruction. I treat people with sports injuries. I am one of few Orthopaedic Consultants in the region who has also completed their Sports Medicine Membership exams (MFSEM) with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. This gives me an unique insight into sporting injuries, training methods sports psychology as well as nutrition. I am a keen runner and still run in the Vets Category for Sale Harriers with a marathon PB of just over 3 hours. I have played a number of different sports at a good level including badminton and squash for my University. I am happy to see patients who have sporting ambitions at any level and are struggling to get back to their sport. You will get honest advice about what can and cannot be done. I understand how important it is for you to be able to continue to do the sport that you love so much and I will do my best to help you achieve this. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. I did my basic Surgical Training (MRCS) in Manchester in 1998. I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I did the Bolton Knee Fellowship, Leicester Hip Fellowship and visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota to complete a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed my MFSEM with The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2018. Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

18th December 2018
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

I would like to thank Mr Batra and his team for the excellent work done on both my knees and the aftercare I received. I had key whole surgery on my right knee last year; including meniscus repair; my knee healed amazing and ive had no problems with it since and the great job he did help me to finish the football season. I have had ACL reconstruction on my left knee this year, aswell as meniscus repair and again my knee has healed amazing. I can not thank Mr Batra enough for his outstanding work which has helped me again to get back into training and hopefully back into the football season for this year.

12th December 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra is the man you need for a hip replacement. I struggled with my ability to walk, it was getting worse, I suffered in pain really because I was frightened to have it done, I saw Mr Batra in July and had the operation in October, his manner and confidence put me at ease immediately. The staff who work with him at the Oaklands were brilliant and reassuring towards me. I saw Mr Batra this week, 8 weeks after the operation, I'm in no pain when I walk, what a Christmas present. A very big Thank You to Mr Batra.

10th December 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I received a fantastic service from consultations to surgery for my TRHR. I would highly recommend Mr Batra to anyone who requires a hip replacement. My quality of life has improved considerably and the care I received from not only Mr Batra, but all the nursing staff at the Oakland’s hospital was of the highest standard.

28th November 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra performed a total hip replacement on my right side, the operation was a great success, the consultation and pre op explanation was very good and easy to understand and post op consultations have gone well.

27th November 2018
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

I saw Mr Batra for the first time in February 2018 at Salford Royal Hospital with severe arthritic pain in my left hip when he offered me a hip replacement at Trafford General Hospital. The surgery was carried out at Trafford General in May. He came to visit me several times at Trafford General. I was treated by him with dignity, politeness, utmost care; extensive knowledge & professionalism which also applied on my outpatient 6 monthly follow up appointment on 26/11/2018. I informed Mr Batra about being informed by Salford Royal's Age UK after Care Service that I was not entitled to their service as I had my surgery at Trafford General. I had to summon help from Healthwatch Salford who Intervened on my behalf. This problem should be addressed before older & more vulnerable who live alone as I do could die. I thank Mr Batra for his understanding & support when I brought this to his attention. Apart from this, I've always had outstanding care form Salford Royal - an outshining example to the NHS. I hope this problem will be addressed before it is too late. I know that it has happened to other people since my experience.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g