Mr Gaurav Batra

I have been a Hip & Knee Orthopaedic Surgeon Consultant at Salford Royal Hospital since 2010. I perform Hip and Knee Replacement, Revision Hip and Knee Replacement, Arthroscopic (keyhole) Hip and Knee Surgery, including ACL reconstruction. I treat people with sports injuries. I am one of few Orthopaedic Consultants in the region who has also completed their Sports Medicine Membership exams (MFSEM) with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. This gives me an unique insight into sporting injuries, training methods sports psychology as well as nutrition. I am a keen runner and still run in the Vets Category for Sale Harriers with a marathon PB of just over 3 hours. I have played a number of different sports at a good level including badminton and squash for my University. I am happy to see patients who have sporting ambitions at any level and are struggling to get back to their sport. You will get honest advice about what can and cannot be done. I understand how important it is for you to be able to continue to do the sport that you love so much and I will do my best to help you achieve this. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. I did my basic Surgical Training (MRCS) in Manchester in 1998. I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I did the Bolton Knee Fellowship, Leicester Hip Fellowship and visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota to complete a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed my MFSEM with The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2018. Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

19th August 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

The main thing about this doctor is that he gives you confidence that every thing is going to be ok. His proffesionalism is outstanding. Living with YOD i was nervous about my treatment. But i no need to have worried. This doctor was thourough without being bulshy. The surgery he performed was to the highest quality. and he kept me informed on my progress personally, not sending a junior doctor to my bedside. I have so much respect for this guy. After many months in unbelievable pain he has given me my life back. What else is there to say ! The nursing staff , the physios , and all the team have been amazing.

10th August 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra is a very nice and approachable consultant. He explained everything in an understanding mannor. He listened and answers any questions and concerns That I had. I had no hesitation to go ahead with my surgery. And I have had my follow up check and everything Is looking good.

9th August 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Right from the first meeting him, I do not think that Mr Batra could have been more helpful or attentive. At the first consultation Mr Batra explained honestly and in great detail the risks involved with a TKR. He advised me to go away and think about it carefully before making a decision. After my operation, which I found to be carried out in a very professional way, I received excellent care throughput. It is obvious that Mr Batra strives to do his very best for his patients. Every aspect of the consultation and treatment was exemplary. I am totally satisfied with the whole procedure, which exceeded my expectations and has given me a new lease of life, and cannot praise Mr Batra and his team enough. Keep up the good work Mr Batra. Thank you.

20th July 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I would highly recommend Mr Bates to friends and family, he is very friendly and makes you feel at ease as soon as you meet him. As a surgeon he takes his time to explain your procedure, and does not rush your consultation, and listens to your questions and worries answering them in detail. After my left hip replacement surgery I have no worries or concerns regarding my future surgery on my right hip.

4th July 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Apart from the service I got today from seeing Mr Batra five minutes before my appointment time then an X-ray back in to see Mr Batra I was home within the hour that's good. Mr Batra is a very kind approachable person apart from being very professional, he listens and that's important.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g