Mr Gaurav Batra

I am a Consultant Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon. I have been a NHS Consultant since 2009. My NHS base is at Salford Royal Hospital and I have private patient admitting rights at The Oaklands Hospital on Lancaster Road in Salford and Spire Manchester Hospital in Didsbury. I perform Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement, ACL reconstruction and Arthroscopic (keyhole) Knee Surgery. I also deal with unexplained hip and knee pain where there has been difficulty in making a diagnosis. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. Originally from Lancashire, I returned to the northwest in 1996 for my basic surgical training, which I completed in 1998. From 1999, I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. During my training, I visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and completed a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship. I completed the Bolton Knee Fellowship at the end of my training in 2009 before taking up the Leicester Hip Fellowship. In September 2009 I left Leicester and became a Locum Consultant in the Arthroplasty Unit at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. In 2010, I was appointed as a Substantive Consultant at the prestigious Salford Royal Hospital.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

16th April 2018
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

This Doctor is a true gentleman, nothing is too much for him , he listens to what you have to say an and tells you what is what. I cant praise him enough and would like to thank him for the first rate treatment he provided.

12th April 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr. Batra delivered an excellent consultative engagement to me. I am heavily involved in jiu jitsu and had a lot of concerns about the knee treatment I needed. Mr. Batra was understanding, provided detailed advice and guidance and an excellent level of treatment. The surgery itself was superb. I was only in hospital for a morning and left without crutches or anything. Mobility returned very quickly and within 2-3 weeks I was able to get around with no real limitations. Post surgery, the advice Mr. Batra gave has given peace good peace of mind and confidence for the future I have recommended to friends

11th April 2018
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I am pleased with the treatment and care I receive every time I have attended Mr Batras clinic. The help and advice given is very good and I would be happy to advice anyone to attend if hip or knee joint problems need specialist treatment is needed.

13th March 2018
Written by a member of staff at Oaklands Hospital

My name is Paul Smith, I am the Territory Manager for an Orthopaedic Company called Exactech that supplies PRP - this is used as a treatment for patients with various tendinopathies. I met Mr Batra for the first time today as he was using the Exactech PRP for one of his patients at The Oaklands. Mr Batra was an absolute pleasure to work with - he had a natural ability to put the patient at ease throughout with his friendly and approachable demeanor while maintaining an outstanding level of professionalism. From my interaction and conversations today with Mr Batra, I can genuinely say that as an Orthopaedic Surgeon and as a person, he stands out with his exceptional level of compassion, attention to detail and brilliant sense of humour - I will look forward to working with him again in the near future and I wholeheartedly recommend Mr Batra to anybody wanting any treatments that he may be able to provide. Kind Regards, Paul Smith - Exactech

2nd February 2018
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

Very nice bloke. very knowledgeable and hard working.

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g