Mr Gaurav Batra

I am a Consultant Hip, Knee & Trauma Surgeon. My NHS base is at Salford Royal Hospital and I have private patient admitting rights at The Oaklands Hospital on Lancaster Road in Salford and Spire Manchester Hospital in Whalley Range. I perform Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement and Arthroscopic (keyhole) Knee Surgery including ACL Reconstruction. I also deal with unexplained hip and knee pain where there has been difficulty in making a diagnosis. I qualified in 1995 from University of Wales College of Medicine with Commendation. Originally from Lancashire, I returned to the northwest in 1996 for my basic surgical training, which I completed in 1998. From 1999, I spent three years at the Manchester Medical School conducting research into how cells behave when human bone heals after it has broken, for which I was awarded my PhD. I started higher surgical training in 2003 and passed my FRCS (Orth) exam in 2007. In 2009, I visited the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota and completed a Visiting Clinician’s Fellowship before working as a Consultant at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in the Arthroplasty Unit. In 2010, I was appointed as a substantive consultant at Salford Royal Hospital.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Sports and exercise medicine

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

14th January 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

After a full hip replacement in August and two follow up appointments I can only give Mr. Batra 10 out of 10. It is brilliant to be pain free. I am 78 years old and can now walk without a stick, bend down and pick things up and even dance my wife round the kitchen. Many thanks.

13th January 2017
Written by a patient at Salford Royal Hospital

Dear Mr Batra, I should Like to express my gratitude for your expertise in the repair of the serious fracture of my right distal femur. Thank you for explaining my options so clearly. Your consideration for my future welfare has ensured my mobility. I could, otherwise, have been confined to a wheelchair. SW

4th January 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I first met Mr Batra many months ago when I was referred by my GP with groin pain. I hadn't realised the pain was related to quite severe arthritis in my hip. It came as a shock when Mr Batra told me about this and I was quite upset. He took his time and explained everything in detail. I first had an injection into my hip joint to confirm the pain was coming from hip arthritis. Being quite young for a hip replacement, I was understandably a little reluctant to have surgery. I found Mr Batra to be very patient. He listened and understood my problems and I trusted his judgement. Eventually I opted to have a hip replacement and some months on, I am very happy with the outcome. I am walking unaided and the scar has healed very well. During my follow up appointment, we went through what exercises I can do long term. He was very keen that I remain active and described carefully the long term restrictions and what I could safely do, including a small amount of gentle jogging on softer surfaces. I would recommend him to friends and family because he is so approachable.

4th January 2017
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

Mr Batra replaced my knee joint for osteoarthritis in November. Just 8 weeks later I can straighten my leg completely and get around much better than before. The scar has healed very well. He listened to my problems and offered me what he felt was the best treatment. I trusted his judgement and I would happily recommend his to anyone looking for treatment for their knee.

16th December 2016
Written by a patient at Oaklands Hospital

I had a hip replacement and knee arthroscopy done by Mr Batra. The whole right hand side of my body feels better than it has done in years. When I met him, he listened to my problems carefully. He was patient, informative and thorough. The surgery has been a complete success and I have been left with minimal scarring and I am now waiting for my other hip to be replaced by Mr Batra.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Nearest Sports and exercise medicine specialists

Short link to review Mr Gaurav Batra: http://iwgc.net/eew2g