Mr Gary Ross

Mr Ross runs an individualised plastic, cosmetic and aesthetic surgery practice utilising the most up to date techniques to deliver optimal results. Having been the senior plastic surgery consultant at the world renowned Christie Hospital in the NHS Mr Ross left the NHS in 2013 to deliver plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery within the private sector. He works at one of the largest private hospitals - the BMI Alexandra hospital and also the Christie Clinic. Specialising in head and neck, breast and body rejuvenation in the cosmetic, post oncology and reconstructive arena he maintains the highest of standards, focusing on patient safety to provide the best outcomes. As an honorary senior lecturer at the University of Manchester he is active in teaching and training and has published and presented extensively both nationally and internationally.

• Plastic surgery

1st November 2019

Amazing results following my breast surgery with Mr Ross. The care I recieved has been second to none. I am over the moon and I would not hesitate in recommending the team for anybody looking for a first class service.

31st October 2019

Dr Ross is an amazing surgeon that made me feel comfortable and increased my confidence. He was realistic about the surgery and very straight forward, ensured I was happy with how he was going to operate and made the whole process incredibly easy. I couldn't be happier with the results and that is all thanks to Dr Ross and his team! I would recommend him to anyone and have complete trust in him. All you need to do is read his reviews to know that you are making the right choice when choosing Dr Ross as your surgeon.Thank you so much Dr Ross, I am so happy with the outcome!

31st October 2019

From the very first visit to the last my treatment and care has been second to none. The whole experience has been a pleasurable one , but most importantly the results of my operation have far exceeded my expectations and will certainly recommend Mr Gary Ross and his team at BMI Alexandria Cheadle.

25th September 2019

I had a breast enhancement with Mr Ross 4 years ago and the service was very average. He does not have a good manner at his consultations and all I got after surgery was asked to write a good review about him. I have since discovered that my implant has ruptured and I have an ultra sound scan and a MRI to prove this. I went to see him and he did not really want to know all he did was suggest that he would remove the implant and it was highly unlikely that it was ruptured and that he would replace it. He said the implant company would contribute towards the cost of surgery £700 and that he would charge £6500 to perform the procedure. I really dont call that great care. He also said that he would keep the original capsule as it would probably be ok . I think it is important that you read the ts and cs in this situation and look to see what these people will do if anything goes wrong

31st October 2019
Response from Mr Gary Ross

I am sorry to hear that you have not had the experience that you wished for and I am sorry to hear that you felt that "I did not want to know" during your last appointment which was not my intention. We always try and provide the best possible care to all our patients and sorry that we have not met your expectations. In the case of implant rupture (please note this is the second rupture I am aware of, for implants that I have personally inserted, in over 10 years of practice) a total capsulectomy is usually the option that patients choose and in the absence of rupture it is always the patients choice as to whether to opt for a total or partial capsulectomy is performed. The informed consent must take into account all the pros and cons and often this is a difficult decision. Equally the decision to remove only vs removal and replace is also a difficult decision. We always try and give patients all the information required to be informed in making these difficult decisions. As with all primary surgery we offer a number of consultations to go through the informed consent. As for all warranty queries we always try to contact the companies in advance of consultations to be able to give you the T+C's of the Warranty and provide surgical quotes at the time of consultation. This is not always possible and I apologise that we could not 100% confirm any discounts at the time of your consultation and were only able to quote you the total cost of a normal removal and replacement (which was matched against the cost of the procedure in 2015) that included all costs including implants / hospital fess / anaesthetic fees and surgical fees. We always leave patients an open appointment to return to the practice at any time and we are always happy to see patients again at any time and look forward to seeing you again.

23rd September 2019

I Spent a lot of time researching surgeons for my abdominoplasty when I came across Garry ross, id wanted this surgery since I had my first child at twentyone,I'd always been so self conscious about my stomach it really over hung and was covered in stretch marks everything had just dropped! It's now been 6 months since surgery with gary and I'm so so happy with my result, everything is lifted and back where it should! I feel so much more confident in myself. Wish I would have had it years ago.

Nearest Plastic surgeons