Mr Gary Ross

Mr Ross runs an individualised plastic, cosmetic and aesthetic surgery practice utilising the most up to date techniques to deliver optimal results. Having been the senior plastic surgery consultant at the world renowned Christie Hospital in the NHS Mr Ross left the NHS in 2013 to deliver plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery within the private sector. He works at one of the largest private hospitals - the BMI Alexandra hospital and also the Christie Clinic. Specialising in head and neck, breast and body rejuvenation in the cosmetic, post oncology and reconstructive arena he maintains the highest of standards, focusing on patient safety to provide the best outcomes. As an honorary senior lecturer at the University of Manchester he is active in teaching and training and has published and presented extensively both nationally and internationally.

• Plastic surgery

17th August 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Since puberty I experienced distress as a result of the development of my breasts. I’m a strong confident woman and yet I found myself hiding my breasts not only from others but from me, feeling shame and sadness when I dared to take a look. I decided to have surgery a long time ago yet it had to be for all the right reasons I.e for me. I made an agreement with myself that I would wait until having children, however when I remained single in my mid 30s and without children I bit the bullet and contacted Mr Ross who came highly recommended. As I no longer lived in England my initial contact/ consultation with Mr Ross was over email. For the first time in my life my feelings about my breasts were validated and it felt amazing. He understood my distress and my needs. Plans for my consultation in England was easy and upon meeting Mr Ross I felt immediately comfortable, his initial advice being wait until I have children. This immediately put me at ease and indicated that I was the priority irrespective of the financial gain of me agreeing to the procedure. Mr Ross spent time explaining all of my options and clearly informed me of the pros and cons of each of my options and individualised them to me, my breasts and my goals. As a result we agreed that I required a breast lift with a 200cc implant over the muscle. There was six months between my consultation and operation as I had left the country. I remained in contact with the team who quickly responded to my emails and due to the friendliness of the contact I exchanged emails about my excitement as the operation date approached. On the day of the operation, Mr Ross “marked” me up and settled my nerves with answers to my questions, the aneastetist visited both the morning of the operation and the following day. The staff on the ward were outstanding. I went down to theatre at 12.30pm and I was back in my room sneaking peaks at my new boobs at 4pm. I stayed overnight with good pain management never feeling in discomfort. Throughout the following week my scars were covered and I was now the proud owner of an amazing pair of boobs, so obviously my girlfriends took a peek and for the first time I showed them my “before” pictures. They were just as amazed at the outcome as I was. The post week pre op went well and the steri-strips on my wounds were removed. When I saw the scars for the first time I was in a changing room finding a bra ( I don’t recommend this, do this at home), the scars and bruising were a shock yet the shape was still amazing. Over the next few weeks I watched the scars and bruising reduce and became more used to the feeling of the implants inside me. I’m five weeks post op, my scars are healing fast and I’m amazed by the outcome. My breasts look and feel natural, I no longer hide them and therefore I no longer hide me. It has been the best decision I ever made. Throughout this process Mr Ross and the team at the Alexandra Hospital have provided outstanding friendly care. I have been discharged with a 6 month check up and genuine invitation to contact Mr Ross immediately if I have concerns. I would highly recommend Mr Ross. .

16th August 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I underwent breast reduction surgery with Mr Ross 5 weeks ago. I had very large breasts and as a result, suffered with low self esteem as well as physical back problems. Mr Ross carefully explained the procedure, risks and set clear expectations for post surgery. I was fully informed and able to make the right decision for me. Surgery went well and Post op, five weeks later, I very pleased with the results. Scarring is healing well already and my breasts are completely in proportion with the rest of my body. I am so pleased and would highly recommend Mr Ross to anyone considering a breast reduction.

16th August 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I underwent rhinoplasty with Mr Gary Ross. I had hated my nose for as long as I can remember and never felt like it suited me at all. Mr Ross was reluctant to make all the changes I wanted, which I think is one of the marks of a good surgeon. He was thinking about what would look best rather than agreeing to whatever I wanted to gain my business. I felt informed and supported throughout the run up to the procedure and never felt pressured. The aftercare was excellent. Post-op, there was hardly any pain and bruising was minimal. The toughest part is keeping yourself entertained in the week you need to wear the cast and rest up! My new nose fits my face so much better. I feel like I look how I was always supposed to look and my confidence is much higher. The prices are high but they are worth it.

7th August 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I have had breast implants placed in about 5 months ago. I absolutely love them. I'm way more confident in my own skin and my husband is happy because I'm able to enjoy our time together more without being self conscious and such. I think they move and feels great. The scars are under the breast crease and almost invisible.

2nd August 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I had my baby tummy fixed recently. Amazing results. I knew everything I was yo expect and more. The whole experience was amazing. Results are too. Well worth the extra money !

Nearest Plastic surgeons