Mr Gareth Hosie

• Paediatric surgery

26th February 2018
Written by a carer at Royal Victoria Infirmary

Mr hosie has been my sons surgeon for over 9 years can't thank him and his team enough for what they have done for my son.

31st October 2011
Written by a carer at Royal Victoria Infirmary

My wife and I wish to pass on our gratitude to Mr Gareth Hosie and his team for their assistance in the treatment of our daughter. We were referred to Mr Hosie by Mr McAfee at James Cook University Hospital as he believed that Mr Hosie had expertise in the successful removal of lipomas in the chest walls of children. Mr Hosie diagnosed the lump on our daughter’s chest as a lipoblastoma after commissioning an MRI scan. He was at pains to ease our concerns and answered all of our many questions both thoroughly and compassionately. He assured us that she would be treated quickly as he recognised the strain that the problem was causing to my heavily pregnant wife. The operation was a complete success and her lump was removed in one piece. Despite the drain from the wound falling off shortly after the procedure, she has been left with a very neat and discreet scar. Prior to the procedure our daughter had been treated under Dr Hampton at the respiratory clinic at James Cook Hospital and had suffered numerous chest infections. We are pleased to say that, despite having being diagnosed with virally induced asthma, the removal of the chest lump has led to a considerable improvement in her general health (as Mr Hosie had suggested it might). We are very grateful to Mr Hosie and all of the staff who worked with him for their care and professionalism in the treatment of our daughter.

Nearest Paediatric surgeons