Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

1st October 2015
Written by a carer at Peterborough City Hospital

I found Mr Amen a very compassionate, and courteous man whilst he was caring for my youngest son for nearly 12 months. On the few occasions that i met with him, he was very clear with us with his diagnosis, and the long journey that son was going to be on and hugely understanding of all our concerns that we were going through. My son trusted Mr Amen, that was good enough for me.

30th September 2015
Written by a carer at Addenbrooke's Hospital

Mr Amen has been caring for my 20 year old son at Addenbrookes Hospital. He has in all aspects been exceptional. He is honest, trustworthy, professional and quite clearly a fantastic surgeon. He came every week to see my son during 2 long inpatient stays and if not him, one of his team, even when Leo was moved to the teenage and young adults cancer ward. I cannot express our gratitude in words for everything he has done so far as there are no adequate words to use. A wonderful and kind clinician to say the least. We also felt that he was part of the larger Head and Neck Team so during weekends for example, Mr Fish would visit Leo. The team element made us feel secure when Mr Amen was off site. Sharmaine his secretary was also amazing. I am so grateful for her time, patience, understanding and continued help. Thank you so much

24th September 2015
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

Mr Furrat Amen has operated on me twice now and I have been in his care for nearly a year. I have complete trust and faith in him as he is totally professional and every time I have to go to see him for a check up its like meeting with a friend. He is very thorough in what he dose and he dose an amazing job.

3rd September 2015
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

Mr Furrat Amen was exceptional in his diagnosis. he was very kind and considerate and I always felt at ease. I would have no problem in recommending Mr Amen to any person who needed treatment. Jeff Brown

25th August 2015
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

First rate. Diagnosed my primary site head and neck cancer last year from which through his good offices and those of his colleagues I have recovered, sees me regularly for check ups and only today operated successfully on a benign ear tumour. All within fourteen days of diagnosis, had to delay a week because of my aspirin intake, and all on the NHS! Courteous and competent.

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj