Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

2nd February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

I had a parathyroidectomy a couple of weeks ago. Mr Amen was extremely professional had a wonderful manner about him and did a tremendous job. The scar that is left is extremely neat and will be hardly visible in 6 months time.

18th January 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

Mr Amen is a very good listener and has a reassuring, calm demeanour. He was at pains to explain his thinking and potential treatment options which I very much appreciated. I would certainly recommend him.

16th January 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Mr Amen showed me great compassion and understanding of my fear of removing my left side thyroid and nodule therein. So much so I was able to arrange appointments to allay such concern prior to the operation. The experience from the morning of my admittance to my departure was conducted with such professionalism , care & in such a friendly manner by all who cared for me. Mr Amen was in recovery with me to confirm the operation went well. I was admitted to a room for an overnight stay where I was cared for so well by everyone without exception. The staff were so friendly and understanding. The room was for me, fabulous as I could rest without interruption. Upon departure I was informed of my limitations, all my questions were answered fully leaving me very confident, until my next appointment. The results were the best one can hear, a benign nodule!! Again, Mr Amen thoughtfully told me as soon as he had greeted me thereby not allowing any further time of concern. He is a truly wonderful surgeon and gentleman. I was so fortunate to have been his patient with his wonderful team looking after me.

12th January 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Mr Amen is a very talented, ‘put you at ease’, great surgeon. I had been under a different consultant for 12 years, but when I needed my operation I was put on his Friday afternoon list. I was extremely anxious on the day of surgery and dreading but needing my throat operation as eating had become very problematic with my growing pharyngeal pouch. I was very concerned about not knowing him, him not knowing me, and being on the end of presumably busy week, but I need not have worried. I met him on the day of my surgery and he was calming, kind and focused. He explained that if he couldn’t do the booked surgery he would not do the procedure and he would book in for another time as it would be much bigger surgery and give me time to prepare. I explained that I had a good knowledge of both alternatives but couldn’t bear getting to this point again and asked that he do whatever was needed that day, 9 Nov 2018 at Peterborough City Hospital. He listened intently and agreed to do whatever he could. I ended up having to have the external pharyngeal pouch surgery, with feeding tube for a week. He did a fabulous job with internal stitches only and external glue which has all healed brilliantly with a scar along the crease line of my neck which is already barely visible. This was a difficult and challenging operation and could have had complications with my throat and voice box but it hasn’t. He is a top guy and he knows he has my eternal thanks for doing such a brilliant job and for engaging with someone he had never met before. Thankyou Mr Furrat Amen. A very very excellent surgeon and my care for my 8 day hospital care was excellent too. The anaesthetist was also fantastic and listened to my previous anaesthetic experiences and managed to avoid all nausea and previous traumas. A great team. Karen S. Posted 12 Jan 2019. Ps, the only thing that hurt and was sore, was my canular which he didn’t do !!! Lol

11th January 2019
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

I had been suffering with a severe ear infection and despite visits to my GP and undergoing treatment the situation was getting worse. Out of desperation I made an appointment to see Mr Amen, and he immediately and correctly diagnosed my problem. The ensuing treatment that also included surgery was carried out quickly and efficiently, and I am pleased to report that I am now back to normal in this regard. Mr Amen is both knowledgeable and very attentive and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending his services.

Nearest Otolaryngologists

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj