Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

20th December 2017
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Mr Amen has a relaxed and reassuring manner which puts the patient at ease. As someone facing an operation, and feeling depressed probably as a result of the effect my illness, I placed great reliance on Mr Amen putting things right – and was delighted to hear on the day of the procedure that he was looking forward to carrying out the procedure. I was surprised and further impressed that the way in which my wound had been dealt with was neat, trouble free, and virtually painless. It was a pleasure to meet Mr Amen again at the point of discharge and hear that he was available in the unlikely event of any further problem.

18th December 2017
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

I recently underwent septoplasty and rhinoplasty with Dr Amen who was absolutely brilliant. He took great care in my consultations and my results were amazing. I would highly recommend!

25th November 2017
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

After being in under the Respiratory clinic for 2.5years and with my symptoms getting worse month on month, my wife finally got hold of a PA within ENT that expedited my clinic apt with Mr Amen and luckily for me this was a doctor/surgeon who totally corrected my respiratory issue within 1 week of being seen in Clinic. The whole team in ENT were brilliant and acted very quickly to my health issue and after an operation and overnight stay I have to say I haven't felt this well for a very long time. Me and my family very much thank you for your specialist and expert care and opinions as I'm not sure what would have happened if not. With very best regards. GFH

17th November 2017
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

After two plus years of having a large pharyngeal pouch growing in my throat stapled and three operations to staple the pouch which were regrettably unsuccessful, I was referred to Dr Amen. After consultation with him it was decide that I would need to have a direct oesophagoscopy external excision of the pharyngeal pouch. This was arranged and took place of 15 Sep 17. After the operation I spent 8 days in hospital whist the healing process on my throat took place. After discharge I saw doctor Amen on 30 Oct 17. I was then pleased to hear that I was being discharged after seeing Dr Amen. I would at this point like to thank Dr Amen for the totally professional and courteous way in which I was treated, and to all his medical staff for the brilliant way in which I was treated from start to finish during my stay in hospital. The ward staff were absolute diamonds and I cant thank them enough for all they did for me. Thank you.

8th November 2017
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

After having a long standing problem with swallowing food and drink which was severely affecting my lifestyle, on this doctors advice who also performed the operation I cannot thank him enough for the difference he has made.His advice before the operation made me feel happy and confident to go ahead with the operation,iwould definitely recommend him for this type of operation [I had a Pharyngeal pouch].I was in hospital for 24hrs within 2 to 3 days was able to eat normally.

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj