Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

6th February 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

I have had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Amen on two occasions to date regarding my Menieres Disease. He is the first consultant to listen with compassion and understanding and has given me hope for the future. Having been diagnosed with this condition 10 years ago I thought I had exhausted all avenues for treatment but Dr. Amen recommended many other things we could try including new medication which is greatly helping me. In addition, he made referrals for further treatment at Hinchingbrooke Hospital and has certainly put me on the right road to recovery. I cannot thank you enough, Dr. Amen, for your life changing, invaluable support and advice.

5th February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

A first-class service from a welcoming, listening and knowledgeable expert. Not only did Mr Amen resolve my ear problem, he also identified – and prescribed treatment for – another ENT issue which I had ignored for too long. I’m feeling so much better – and a recent follow-up with Mr Amen confirmed that all is well. Many, many thanks!

2nd February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

I had a parathyroidectomy a couple of weeks ago. Mr Amen was extremely professional had a wonderful manner about him and did a tremendous job. The scar that is left is extremely neat and will be hardly visible in 6 months time.

18th January 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

Mr Amen is a very good listener and has a reassuring, calm demeanour. He was at pains to explain his thinking and potential treatment options which I very much appreciated. I would certainly recommend him.

16th January 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Mr Amen showed me great compassion and understanding of my fear of removing my left side thyroid and nodule therein. So much so I was able to arrange appointments to allay such concern prior to the operation. The experience from the morning of my admittance to my departure was conducted with such professionalism , care & in such a friendly manner by all who cared for me. Mr Amen was in recovery with me to confirm the operation went well. I was admitted to a room for an overnight stay where I was cared for so well by everyone without exception. The staff were so friendly and understanding. The room was for me, fabulous as I could rest without interruption. Upon departure I was informed of my limitations, all my questions were answered fully leaving me very confident, until my next appointment. The results were the best one can hear, a benign nodule!! Again, Mr Amen thoughtfully told me as soon as he had greeted me thereby not allowing any further time of concern. He is a truly wonderful surgeon and gentleman. I was so fortunate to have been his patient with his wonderful team looking after me.

Nearest Otolaryngologists

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj