Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

5th April 2018
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

I was put under Dr Amen care, after having had nose surgery from another Dr, and was suffering quite bad symptoms following surgery, he examined and sent me for scan on my nose, and said my nose was in quite a bad state and might need further surgery, but first wanted to try antibiotics and steroids for a week and a nasel steroid for 6 weeks, and it as completely cleared up all my symptoms (which where a badly blocked nostril, constant dripping and infection after infection in my sinuses)

23rd March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

Mr Amen is delightful, interested, concerned, listened and asked me if I would like him to explain anything further about my condition. Best of all, he cured me for which I am so grateful. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending his professionalism, clinical expertise and gentle approach to anyone.

28th February 2018
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

I was referred to Mr. Amen by my GP and, at the end of December 2018, underwent a septorhinoplasty, carried out by him. From my initial consultation to my post-operative and discharge appointments I experienced Mr. Amen as respectful, attentive and caring. He spend time informing me about the procedure and discussing my expectations and concerns. He carried out a complex procedure with skill and sensitivity, achieving a result that, both functionally and aesthetically, I am delighted with. I would recommend him unhesitatingly.

20th February 2018
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Mr Amen is a excellent surgeon .A perfect gentleman and was very open and honest with me . My operation was a complete success .Im so grateful to him for his very good work .

2nd January 2018
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

Mr Amen explained everything really clearly and instilled great confidence. His care was meticulous and he gave the impression of having time to talk to one as an individual when it must be the case that he is very busy. I was surprised to see him at the follow up visit after surgery, expecting a less senior staff member but he seemed genuinely interested and pleased at the result

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj