Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

9th June 2019
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

Very efficient and effective treatment.

3rd June 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

I found Mr Amen to be an extremely polite and compassionate clinician. He listened to my long list of symptoms carefully ( that included severe itching in and around the nose, with up to 50-80 sneezes a day and a tap-like runny nose) and paid great attention to the management plan. He carried out the examination skilfully after accurately explaining to me what to expect. His recommendation has really worked wonders for me. I had almost forgotten what it is to have an itch and rhinitis free nose. These symptoms have caused me a lot of embarrassment in the past. thanks to him I can spend many days without worrying about sudden onset of my symptoms!

20th May 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

I was referred to Mr Amen as I had a parathyroid gland which was leaking too much calcium into my blood. I had my first consultation with him on 31st December last year when he talked me through the operation to remove this, including the things which could go wrong. Also answered any questions which I had, however mundane. The operation took place on 15th February and everything went well and as he had planned. There was no damage to the vocal chords, very little swelling and, despite a little discomfort in the first few days, no pain during the whole healing process. The calcium level in my blood is now 'spot on' and I feel so much better in myself, much more energy. I met a friend this morning whom I hadn't seen for several weeks and almost her first words to me were 'I can't see your scar', this is a fact, you can't see it. I am so very pleased with the whole outcome. Mr Amen, thank you so much for your exceptional skills, time and patience, I am so very pleased it was to you I was referred. Thank you also to Mr Amen's surgical team and the staff on ward A15.

9th May 2019
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I had a tumour on my paratoid gland (salivary gland) and I was referred to Mr Furrat Amen. Straight away at the very first appointment, he was very informative, honest and incredibly supportive. He talked me through the surgery and made my partner and I feel comfortable. The surgery was a great success and Mr Furrat Amen came to visit me the next day. All the way through my appointments, he was extremely calm, reassuring and genuine. I can't thank him and his fantastic team enough.

29th March 2019
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

We just moved to UK and within 6 months I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer. It was so painful especially being away family and friends coupled with very limited support system. After Some research my husband decided for me to get an appointment to meet Dr. Amen for consultation. An amazing consultant he is so caring considerate and lovely just amazing. I honestly could not have done this journey without him. Dr. Amen is outstanding. He was exactly what I needed, honest, detailed, simplifying explanations when required, both pictorially and verbally, his approach cannot be faulted. My consultations were never rushed and always carried out with the utmost care. On the day of my operation he talked me through everything both before and after the operation and always put me at ease. Mr Amen was very clear from the start of what my experience would be and it was exactly as he had said. My operation was a success though lasted for almost 6 hours and the results amazing, you are very lucky if youn are consulting with Mr. Amen and he is your Consultant Surgeon. He truly listened to what I wanted as a final outcome, offer his professional opinion along the way without taking away my wishes. As strange as it sounds, I look forward to my appointments with him so we can have a little chat. I’m really happy with the care I have received from him and his team during and after surgery. His advise and support was not just restricted him being my consultant surgeon but also connecting me with fellow professional Dietitian who could help me get some work experience. Oh and I should mention a fabulous sense of humour too and most importantly a super efficient Secretary!!! I am eternally grateful that I had you couldn’t wish for anyone better in fact there probably isn’t. This review would be incomplete if not for this website as only after reading reviews here we decided to Consult Dr. Amen. Mrs. Nahata

Nearest Otolaryngologists

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj