mr-furrat-amen

Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

193 reviews

Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris) was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2024 for delivering outstanding care.

Written by a carer at Addenbrooke's Hospital
23rd August 2015

My partner is very deaf so I accompany her to appointments. Mr Amen is always patient, making sure things are understood. He is very courteous and polite, but also has a sense of humour and friendly manner. Mr Amen recently carried out local surgery ( unrelated to existing cancer) on my partner's ear. He did a brilliant job and the site is healing well. We attend regular check up appointments with this specialist. He is very thorough and tells us the truth, very reassuring. Our only criticism is the up to 2 hour in waiting room on appointment days which is somewhat stressful as we have transport waiting. t

Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital
27th July 2015

Excellent facilities, very helpful and courteous staff, appointment on time so no waiting. The consultant is first class.

Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
12th July 2015

I had Cancer but was operated on followed by Radiotherapy. The result is that I am now showing no signs of this disease. This doctor and his colleagues always listened to my problems and concerns and always answered my questions to put my mind at rest. I was given good care and was examined properly and thoroughly. I am most grateful as to how I was treated and cared for, praise the Lord.

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk.

He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London.

He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.