Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

16th May 2018
Written by a carer at Peterborough City Hospital

Kind, compassionate and gentle, listens, fabulous! Thank you!

12th May 2018
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

I was diagnosed with rear of tongue Cancer in December 2017, this was after Mr Amen operated on my neck to investigate a lump that was thought to be a lymph node that turned out to be a branchial cyst, the cyst had signs of secondary’s and after further investigation and second biopsy the primary was found right corner of base of tongue. During the whole investigation Mr Amen kept both myself and partner fully informed as to why they were operating and the results. A very professional and kindly demeanour, he always made sure we understood everything and answered all the questions we fired at him with certainty and experienced suggestions and answers. The operation he carried out on my neck was about 4” in length and was done in the crease of my neck, it healed really well and today you would be hard pushed to see it, an incredible job! He explained in detail all aspects of the 6 week Radio & Chemo treatment that he had recommended that the type of rear tongue Cancer I had. He pulled no punches and told it like it was which I respect him for. I am now out the other side of those dark months and have just seen Mr Amen who had the most amazing news that my latest scan has shown me as clear of Cancer. I will be seeing him every 6/8 weeks to keep an eye on it. So in conclusion would not hesitate to recommend Mr Amen and to trust him implicitly as he is a consummate professional in his field, I am in his debt. Also must add that at both the Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy teams in Cambridge Addenbrookes are staffed by angels who are overworked but never complain and treat all patients with the utmost dignity and respect, they all deserve a massive gold medal. Thank you NHS ! We were a very lucky nation when Lloyd George created this incredible organisation. CP.

14th April 2018
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

I had all of my thyroid removed by Mr Amen in December 2017. I would recommend Mr Amen 100%. He explained everything very well and the care by the whole of his team was very professional and kind. Peterborough City Hospital was also first class. The care given by the nurses was very good and the hospital was spotless. I could not recommend Mr Amen or Peterborough City Hospital highly enough.

10th April 2018
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Mr Amen and his staff made my several visits to the Head and Neck clinic pleasant experiences and during my short stay in hospital for surgery I received excellent treatment.

7th April 2018
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I was diagnosed with tonsil/neck cancer in July 2017, an event that changed my life immeasurably. I consider myself extremely lucky to have found Mr. Amen, the best consultant and surgeon anyone could hope for when facing such a challenge. From day 1 Mr. Amen has been highly professional, understanding, informative, supportive, caring, always available for both me and my wife. He said he would get us through this and he has. I had a major operation in early August and following recovery had 6 weeks of intensive radio and chemo therapy. It’s been a tough journey, but thanks to Mr. Amen, and the team around him, I’m recovering well, enjoying life with my family, returning to work and doing great things like going on holiday. I currently see Mr. Amen every 6-8 weeks for a review. It is always a pleasure to see him. I have no hesitation in recommending Mr. Amen whatsoever. He is an incredible man, an expert in his field, a consultant with whom I entrust my life and someone who I consider a friend. I cannot thank Mr. Amen enough for all he has done for me and my family. JP

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj