Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

26th February 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Very charming, polite and professional. Excellent well delivered and concise explanations of procedures and clear answers to all questions relating to my recent parathyroidectomy. Surgery was carried out promptly and successfully leaving a very small and neat scar which healed very quickly. No soreness or pain at all after the operation or during recovery. It was a complicated procedure with many risks which were averted with careful and truly expert surgery. I felt in safe and competent hands throughout. I feel privileged to have met and been treated by this amazing surgeon.

18th February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

I recently had a Thyroid lobectomy carried out by Mr. Amen. I cannot recommend him highly enough. From our initial meeting to my final consultation Mr. Amen was fantastic. He explained everything clearly and concisely, which immediately put me at ease. The operation was performed at the Spire Cambridge Lea and the whole experience was extremely professional. I hope that I do not need his services again but if I do I know I will be in very safe hands.

12th February 2019
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

Mr Amen was my consultant for a Septorhinoplasty in September 2018. I am a 19-year-old girl and needed my deviated septum sorting as well as reducing the hump on the bridge of my nose. It was a big decision to go ahead with this operation as it can be scary but after research into consultants and meeting a couple, when I finally came across Mr Amen at the Fitzwilliam Hospital in Peterborough I could not have been more impressed. Mr Amen's level of professionalism and attention to detail was outstanding. He always made sure I felt completely at ease and knew I was in safe and experienced hands. Mr Amen took plenty of time to explain the procedure, as well as explaining how my nose would change visually. He did numerous tests, as well as taking lots of pictures to ensure the final result was perfect. My operation was a complete success and I no longer have effects of rhinitis and cosmetically my nose looks brilliant and very natural. I could not be happier. The recovery was far better than I imagined with minimal bruising, swelling and absolutely no scarring. From the first appointment to the end, Mr Amen was fantastic and myself and my family would highly recommend him for a Septorhinoplasty or any other surgery.

6th February 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

I have had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Amen on two occasions to date regarding my Menieres Disease. He is the first consultant to listen with compassion and understanding and has given me hope for the future. Having been diagnosed with this condition 10 years ago I thought I had exhausted all avenues for treatment but Dr. Amen recommended many other things we could try including new medication which is greatly helping me. In addition, he made referrals for further treatment at Hinchingbrooke Hospital and has certainly put me on the right road to recovery. I cannot thank you enough, Dr. Amen, for your life changing, invaluable support and advice.

5th February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

A first-class service from a welcoming, listening and knowledgeable expert. Not only did Mr Amen resolve my ear problem, he also identified – and prescribed treatment for – another ENT issue which I had ignored for too long. I’m feeling so much better – and a recent follow-up with Mr Amen confirmed that all is well. Many, many thanks!

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj