Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

13th March 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Mr Amen is a kind, calm, empathetic and extremely reassuring doctor who includes his patient in decision making and ensures what is being explained is properly understood. I would recommend him to anyone as he performed my thyroidectomy with such precision that I had no pain to speak of afterwards and indeed no scar. He gave me great care before and after surgery and obviously inspires an excellent team around him. I was extremely fortunate to have him treat me.

10th March 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

This doctor is a genius who has helped me through every step of my treatment Mr Amen listens and understands and is a true professional

6th March 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Dr Amen is the perfect surgeon, communicates well, listens to your needs and most of all is caring and extremely skilled at his specialist surgery. Thank you Furrat for all your help in curing my thyroid problems.

26th February 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Very charming, polite and professional. Excellent well delivered and concise explanations of procedures and clear answers to all questions relating to my recent parathyroidectomy. Surgery was carried out promptly and successfully leaving a very small and neat scar which healed very quickly. No soreness or pain at all after the operation or during recovery. It was a complicated procedure with many risks which were averted with careful and truly expert surgery. I felt in safe and competent hands throughout. I feel privileged to have met and been treated by this amazing surgeon.

18th February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

I recently had a Thyroid lobectomy carried out by Mr. Amen. I cannot recommend him highly enough. From our initial meeting to my final consultation Mr. Amen was fantastic. He explained everything clearly and concisely, which immediately put me at ease. The operation was performed at the Spire Cambridge Lea and the whole experience was extremely professional. I hope that I do not need his services again but if I do I know I will be in very safe hands.

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj