Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

16th August 2019
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

I cannot put into words how amazing Furrat has been from the moment we met, he put me at ease. He is clearly a true professional whom I have the utmost respect. Thank you.

15th August 2019
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

Mr Amen’s whole approach to me and my required surgery was extremely good, calm and thorough. I really appreciated how he helped me to manage the situation and his demeanour was just what anyone would need from an anxiety point of view. His consultations and follow-ups were really positive, the surgery he carried out - which went smoothly - was just as he had described, both initially and in recovery. Very grateful to have been able to receive this treatment from Mr Amen.

4th July 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge

Mr Amen is a great consultant- very professional & listens carefully. He underpromises and overdelivers. I had a left tympanoplasty (repair of the left eardrum)- this typically involves an incision behind the ear but Mr Amen was able to perform it endoscopically. Overall he was brilliant & I would definitely recommend.

24th June 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Mr Amen is a kind caring and helpful surgeon he is never in a rush to get on to the next patient instead takes as much time as is needed to talk and answer any questions he can . He has saved my life and been a great help in easing my wife's worries . I can't praise him highly enough he truly is amazing , thank you so much from the bottom of my heart and my families

18th June 2019
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

I saw Mr Furrat Amen for a deviated septum and other problems with my nose, which after trying a few things resulted in surgery. At all times he kept me informed of what was happening and the surgery, which turned out to be more difficult than first anticipated, was a complete success, resolving problems with my breathing which I had suffered for many years. Mr Amen is a consummate professional and surgeon who takes an interest in his patients and pride in the quality of his work. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Amen to anyone needing his help.Highly recommended.

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj