Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

14th April 2018
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

I had all of my thyroid removed by Mr Amen in December 2017. I would recommend Mr Amen 100%. He explained everything very well and the care by the whole of his team was very professional and kind. Peterborough City Hospital was also first class. The care given by the nurses was very good and the hospital was spotless. I could not recommend Mr Amen or Peterborough City Hospital highly enough.

10th April 2018
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Mr Amen and his staff made my several visits to the Head and Neck clinic pleasant experiences and during my short stay in hospital for surgery I received excellent treatment.

7th April 2018
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I was diagnosed with tonsil/neck cancer in July 2017, an event that changed my life immeasurably. I consider myself extremely lucky to have found Mr. Amen, the best consultant and surgeon anyone could hope for when facing such a challenge. From day 1 Mr. Amen has been highly professional, understanding, informative, supportive, caring, always available for both me and my wife. He said he would get us through this and he has. I had a major operation in early August and following recovery had 6 weeks of intensive radio and chemo therapy. It’s been a tough journey, but thanks to Mr. Amen, and the team around him, I’m recovering well, enjoying life with my family, returning to work and doing great things like going on holiday. I currently see Mr. Amen every 6-8 weeks for a review. It is always a pleasure to see him. I have no hesitation in recommending Mr. Amen whatsoever. He is an incredible man, an expert in his field, a consultant with whom I entrust my life and someone who I consider a friend. I cannot thank Mr. Amen enough for all he has done for me and my family. JP

5th April 2018
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

I was put under Dr Amen care, after having had nose surgery from another Dr, and was suffering quite bad symptoms following surgery, he examined and sent me for scan on my nose, and said my nose was in quite a bad state and might need further surgery, but first wanted to try antibiotics and steroids for a week and a nasel steroid for 6 weeks, and it as completely cleared up all my symptoms (which where a badly blocked nostril, constant dripping and infection after infection in my sinuses)

23rd March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

Mr Amen is delightful, interested, concerned, listened and asked me if I would like him to explain anything further about my condition. Best of all, he cured me for which I am so grateful. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending his professionalism, clinical expertise and gentle approach to anyone.

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj