Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

20th March 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Dr Amen is a true professional, he is calm and concise in any explanations he gives you and any questions that he answers, he makes you feel at ease and totally confident in his abilities whilst being very thorough and always clarifies any actions and constantly asks if you have any questions for him He performed a total thyroidectomy on me and I did not have any pain at all from this operation and am going to be left with a hint of a scar, it is very neat - testament to Dr Amens skill, there was no damage to my vocal chords or my parathyroid glands. I would not hesitate in recommending Dr Amen and feel lucky to be under his care.

17th March 2019
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

I was under the care of Mr Amen for a nodule in my thyroid and had a hemi-thyroidectomy on 7 February. 2019. At the consulation, during my time in hospital and at follow up appointments, I found him approachable, kind and he made me feel totally at ease. He listened to my concerns and explained everything clearly. On every occasion, he took the time to ask me if I had any questions. His calm and reassuring manner inspired trust and confidence in his ability to care for me. The surgery was performed without any damage to my vocal cords or the surrounding nerves. Mr Amen used dissolvable internal stitches and external surgical glue. It is very neat and now 6 weeks on, you hardly notice it. He is a true gentleman and I would recommend him 100% for his manner, skill and professionalism.

13th March 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Mr Amen is a kind, calm, empathetic and extremely reassuring doctor who includes his patient in decision making and ensures what is being explained is properly understood. I would recommend him to anyone as he performed my thyroidectomy with such precision that I had no pain to speak of afterwards and indeed no scar. He gave me great care before and after surgery and obviously inspires an excellent team around him. I was extremely fortunate to have him treat me.

10th March 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

This doctor is a genius who has helped me through every step of my treatment Mr Amen listens and understands and is a true professional

6th March 2019
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

Dr Amen is the perfect surgeon, communicates well, listens to your needs and most of all is caring and extremely skilled at his specialist surgery. Thank you Furrat for all your help in curing my thyroid problems.

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj