Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital
13th June 2019

Mr Amen has been an absolute rock to me all through my diagnosis of thyroid cancer and the removal of my thyroid and further neck surgery. He is so caring and supportive and explained everything to me so well. My operations were a great success and I had no pain at any time. My scars healed very quickly and are now almost invisible. He remembered details of other difficulties that I was going through in my life at the time and is always compassionate and sympathetic. I thoroughly recommend Mr Amen and I feel so lucky and privileged to have met him and been treated by him.

Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital
9th June 2019

Very efficient and effective treatment.

Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital
3rd June 2019

I found Mr Amen to be an extremely polite and compassionate clinician. He listened to my long list of symptoms carefully ( that included severe itching in and around the nose, with up to 50-80 sneezes a day and a tap-like runny nose) and paid great attention to the management plan. He carried out the examination skilfully after accurately explaining to me what to expect. His recommendation has really worked wonders for me. I had almost forgotten what it is to have an itch and rhinitis free nose. These symptoms have caused me a lot of embarrassment in the past. thanks to him I can spend many days without worrying about sudden onset of my symptoms!

Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital
20th May 2019

I was referred to Mr Amen as I had a parathyroid gland which was leaking too much calcium into my blood. I had my first consultation with him on 31st December last year when he talked me through the operation to remove this, including the things which could go wrong. Also answered any questions which I had, however mundane. The operation took place on 15th February and everything went well and as he had planned. There was no damage to the vocal chords, very little swelling and, despite a little discomfort in the first few days, no pain during the whole healing process. The calcium level in my blood is now 'spot on' and I feel so much better in myself, much more energy. I met a friend this morning whom I hadn't seen for several weeks and almost her first words to me were 'I can't see your scar', this is a fact, you can't see it. I am so very pleased with the whole outcome. Mr Amen, thank you so much for your exceptional skills, time and patience, I am so very pleased it was to you I was referred. Thank you also to Mr Amen's surgical team and the staff on ward A15.

Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
9th May 2019

I had a tumour on my paratoid gland (salivary gland) and I was referred to Mr Furrat Amen. Straight away at the very first appointment, he was very informative, honest and incredibly supportive. He talked me through the surgery and made my partner and I feel comfortable. The surgery was a great success and Mr Furrat Amen came to visit me the next day. All the way through my appointments, he was extremely calm, reassuring and genuine. I can't thank him and his fantastic team enough.

Nearest Otolaryngologists

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj