mr-furrat-amen

Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge
12th December 2019

So I started having dizziness attacks back in 2015 and went to see my GP and different practitioners they told me I have anxiety and depression which didn’t made any sense, then all my treatment started from there I went to see loads of surgeons and audiologists you name it and all test came clear as the NHS was taking ages to get me appointment I decided to go private and on my 1st appointment with Mr Amen he told me I might have PPPD which was a relief to start with as atleast someone had the guts to tell me I am not loosing my mind, after prescribing some medication I am on my way to recovery,

Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital
11th December 2019

Mr Amen is lovely. I had been referred to him following a scan on my thyroid which revealed a small lump (nodule). The lump was diagnosed as neither benign nor cancerous and needed to be removed. He explained what that meant, went through the procedure of removing it and what to expect afterwards. He answered all my questions clearly giving me the reassurance to go ahead. On the day of the op he saw me briefly to check all was OK and again after the op to say that all had gone well and to explain what had been done. It was the same at my follow up appointment. I was most definitely in a safe pair of hands. Thank you Mr Amen

Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
4th December 2019

very nice guy who explains your problem well and makes you feel at ease about surgery

Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital
3rd November 2019

When it comes to thyroid surgery Mr. Amen has to be the best of the best of the best ! A true professional who cares about his patients and takes time to listen, reassure and give the full information about the proceedure. His skill as a surgeon results in immediate positive results, no pain ( not even an asprin required the following day) ,and minimum of a scar, which is vanishing very quickly. And within two weeks, life is better than it has been for many years, now able to breath, eat and drink without discomfort. A truely life changing operation. Many , many thanks.

Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
1st November 2019

Mr Amen performed my total thyroidectomy. Prior to surgery he fully explained what I could expect including the risks and benefits, length of surgery, recovery time and how my scar would heal. Since the surgery I have had many comments on how neat my scar looks! I feel Mr Amen has kept me informed throughout my treatment and would recommend him to friends and family.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris) was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

Nearest Otolaryngologists

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj