Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

« 1 2 3 4 »

29th April 2017
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

2016 was a challenging year in terms of diagnosis of my squamous cell carcinoma at the base of my tongue, my treatment & subsequent recovery. However, my wife & I couldn't have felt more confident in the care & support which Mr Amen provided from beginning to end. He was always clear in his explanations, reassuring of our concerns & gentle in his manner. He & his team have a wonderful knack of making you feel as though you are their most important patient & that they have all the time in the world for you when clearly, they are working in very demanding conditions. We cannot praise Mr Amen highly enough – he really was our “port in the storm”.

14th March 2017
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

He explained without using technical terms I would not be able to fully understand, he was cheerful and friendly and made me feel relaxed.

3rd March 2017
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

My experience of my visit to Addenbrookes hospital for a minor op. was one of complete satisfaction with the whole team.I was fortuneate to be attended to by Dr. Furrat Amen whose skill & ongoing attention has resulted in a 100 percent result.What is known as a PROPER JOB.My thanks to all involved.

9th June 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I got told I had cancer on the 13th jan 2016, as you can imagine not a happy chap, but hey oh, anyway my surgeon /consultant was absolutely fantastic, dr furrat Armen was just incredible and his team, who performed my neck disection, nothing but respect for all of them, the porter who wheeled me up to theatre a guy called ebeneezer he kept me calm and collective, as well as all of the team did there, I woke in recovery ward after a 5 hr operation, went to my ward m5 I believe and all of the staff were just incredible, nothing but admiration for all of addenbrookes, I'm going in tomoro 21st march for my radiotherapy and chemotherapy if all of the staff in oncology were as good as Dr Amen's team I will be happy. Keep up the good work addenbrookes.

3rd February 2016
Written by a member of staff at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I am a GP in Spalding & have been most impressed with the kindness shown to patients by Mr Amen. He went out of his way to communicate clearly to the practice to make the journey for the patient with cancer very smooth and an exceptional colleague to work with

« 1 2 3 4 »

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj