Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

9th June 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I got told I had cancer on the 13th jan 2016, as you can imagine not a happy chap, but hey oh, anyway my surgeon /consultant was absolutely fantastic, dr furrat Armen was just incredible and his team, who performed my neck disection, nothing but respect for all of them, the porter who wheeled me up to theatre a guy called ebeneezer he kept me calm and collective, as well as all of the team did there, I woke in recovery ward after a 5 hr operation, went to my ward m5 I believe and all of the staff were just incredible, nothing but admiration for all of addenbrookes, I'm going in tomoro 21st march for my radiotherapy and chemotherapy if all of the staff in oncology were as good as Dr Amen's team I will be happy. Keep up the good work addenbrookes.

3rd February 2016
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

having seen several ENT consultants which caused a delay in my diagnosis, I was finally under the care of Mr Amen. His kindness & professionalism has been exceptional to none and he always took time to be thorough, explain things and take the view of the patient in all decisions. Handsome, rare ,diamond.

5th January 2016
Written by a carer at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I cannot praise Mr Amen enough. He has always been kind, courteous and unfailingly patient in all his dealings with us. His manner and reassurance gave my husband a great deal of confidence at a time when he thought that there was no hope. We cannot recommend him highly enough. He is a good man and we will always be grateful to him for his skill, kindness and very heart warming sense of humour.

18th October 2015
Written by a carer at Addenbrooke's Hospital

From the moment we entered the room, scared, apprehensive and totally into the unknown we were put at ease by Mr Furrat Amen, he was kind, listened to our questions, was totally honest about the procedures and what was going to happen. We could not have wished for a nicer person to help us through this difficult time, he was not only a very good surgeon but also very gentle and kind and understood our worries. He did not rush us out of his surgery, although was very busy and asked if we had any questions. After the surgery he made a personal visit to Jonathan to check he was alright. We could not fault Mr Amen and all of his team from the moment we met them until our last meeting last week. Thankyou

2nd October 2015
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I have had a radical parotidectomy operation. Mr Amen performed the operation which took 5 hours. He was very attentive and put me at my ease before and after the operation. After having 6 weeks of radiotherapy I am seen at 6 week intervals at the clinic and Mr Amen has listened to any problem I have had and examined me thoroughly. His reassurance has been a great comfort to myself and my wife and we are eternally grateful. for all his support

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj