mr-furrat-amen

Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

« 1 2 3 4 »

14th May 2022

Great Care from start to my last appointment nothing was too much trouble and made me feel at Ease on every step even on the day of my operation with explaining every part of what was going to happen that day can’t thank you enough

Written by a private patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital
8th May 2022

Dr Amen listened to the problems I had been having and arranged the relevant tests. He quickly diagnosed my condition and I'm feeling much better. He was very kind and listened and I felt like he understood me from the first appointment.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge
29th April 2022

Mr Amen put me at ease from our very first meeting. I found him approachable (via his secretary) with any questions I had when not in consultation, he thoroughly explained all procedures I had but did not bamboozle with technical language and whilst not hiding the pitfalls and dangers that come with any operation was happy to allay my concerns. At no point did I have concerns about Mr Amen and his ability to carry out my left hemithyroidectomy due to his professional yet empathetic bedside manner. The operation was carried out through a 6cm cut to the front of the neck which now (4 weeks after the operation) is little more than a cat scratch.

12th April 2022

Despite the fact that I am not a young man, Mr Amen was very considerate to my needs and was very professional in his treatment, which has resulted in me feeling much better.

9th April 2022

Dr Amen spent a lot of time talking to me when asked about the problem and was most caring throughout the consultation.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris) was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

Nearest Otolaryngologists

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj