Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

10th October 2018
Written by a carer at Peterborough City Hospital

Just a lovely, lovely man. He looked after my daughters nosebleeds. Thank you!

25th September 2018
Written by a patient at Peterborough City Hospital

The care which I recently received from Mr. Amen, the surgical team and everyone involved with me during my operation and stay in Peterborough City hospital was faultless. We are extremely fortunate to have such dedicated people and such amazing facilities. My sincere thanks Roger Growcott

13th September 2018
Written by a carer at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge

My 4 years old daughter needed grommets. Since the first time we visit Dr Amen he was caring, friendly and very professional. Within a month we had an operation date. He operated her at Nuffield and everything was fantastic. The nurses, the hospital staff, the dr... all was quick and easy. We felt well looked after, informed and that our baby girl was in great hands. She had no pain and was back to herself that same afternoon! The grommets have stayed in with no problems whatsoever and her hearing and speech has improved drastically!! We couldn’t be any happier!

12th September 2018
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

It is not often that you can say that going to Hospital was a pleasure, but today was one of those days, after eight years of frustration. Following Surgery in late August for a Partial Thyriodectomy, due to a Tumour that was diagnosed at another Hospital. I got fed up with them saying that they would monitor it whist it slowly grew, and would do nothing for me, due to my weight. I requested a second opinion with my G.P, who referred me to Mr Amen at Addenbrook's, from the very first meeting he was calm and caring and listened to what I had to say, and appreciated my point of view, that if the other Hospital could knock me out for Bariatric Surgery, then why could they not remove the tumour that they could not guarantee was benign. Mr Amen reassured both My Wife and I, that if he thought that it needed to come out, then that was what he would do, after taking a biopsy and other tests including lung and cardiac functions, as well as dealing with sleep apnoea that I never even knew that I had, he operated on me as he said he was. Despite complications in Surgery, as my thyroid was lower than expected and further back that normal, he removed half of my thyroid without any damage to my vocal cords, or the surrounding nerves. Today he confirmed that the tumour was after all benign, and that I should have a Full recovery, but would like to see me in three months, for a blood test and checks just to make sure. He could not have been nicer or kinder if he had tried, in my eyes and my Wife's, he is an absolute star.

5th September 2018
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I have recently undergone an operation which had serious consequences. Mr Amen was my consultant and I owe my life to him. He spent a day in theatre putting his amazing skills and experience into action doing a very difficult operation. A big thank you Mr Amen from myself and family.

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj