Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

10th August 2018
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

I was cared for by Mr Amen for nodules on my thyroid and subsequent hemithyroidectomy. From our first consultation he was approachable, curtious and supportive. He listened to my concerns and gave reassurance which inspired trust and confidence in his ability to care for me. He has a great deal of experience in his field of medication and this showed in his confidence and ability to explain in detail what could be expected from my surgury. He is a true gentleman and I would recommend him for his manner, skill and professionalism. The staff and facilities at the Fitzwilliam hospital was superb.

5th July 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

I was struggling with various issues relating to frequent blocked nose,irritable stomach and headaches. This was badly impacting my lifestyle and so I consulted several GPs and ENT consultants to make sense of these. Eventually I was referred for a Septoplasty surgery at Addenbrookes to sort out my nasal issue. But due to the long wait I visited Dr Amen as a private patient at Spire-Lea to get a second opinion. After a thorough examination and tests he ruled out sinusitis and concluded that Septoplasty would not have actually solved my nasal block issue! Thanks to Dr Amen, I now know my options and am glad to have skipped unwanted surgery. Dr Amen created a structured plan to tackle the various issues and I am now making steady progress. He is truly professional, very meticulous, friendly,courteous and caring. He followed up on my progress even outside his working hours and was very reassuring at every step along the way. I would highly recommend Dr Amen !

30th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital

I found Mr Amen courteous , charming and caring. He successfully treated my nose bleeding which was sufficiently serious to make me anaemic. I am grateful for having been treated by hime.

25th May 2018
Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital

19th May 2018
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

Mr Amen is an excellent surgeon who also has great people skills. His professionalism is more than apparent, but he also has the ability to make you feel totally at ease. A rare combination. He is kind, extremely courteous and very willing to answer questions however small they may be. In layman's terms he is a terrific surgeon and a lovely man who inspires trust and total confidence.

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj