mr-furrat-amen

Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a private patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital
6th May 2021

I saw Mr Amen for a second opinion on an issue that was causing me concern. I felt that he listened carefully with genuine concern. At every stage of my treatment, from the initial consultation, the various rounds of testing to deciding to have surgery, Mr Amen has been very clear at communicating what's going on and what the next steps will be and always takes the time to asks me if I have any questions. Everyone I have seen since my surgery has complimented the skill of the surgeon, Mr Amen, on how neat my scar is! Mr Amen is a truly patient focussed consultant and I would not hesitate to recommend him and his skills to anyone who needed specialist care and treatment. Thank you for everything.

Written by a NHS patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
21st April 2021

Has time for you - you are not rushed. LISTENS and answers your questions.

Written by a NHS patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
9th April 2021

Mr Amen is inclusive in his approach - an attitude which seems to be followed by pretty much everyone else who has cared for me at Addenbrooke's. He always asks if I have questions and listens and responds when I do. He has a quiet, assured, caring professional manner.

Written by a private patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital
3rd March 2021

Mr Amen listened to me when discussing my symptoms, preformed the necessary tests and successfully diagnosed the problem (whereas several other doctors and consultants couldn't get the to root cause). He was very thorough and given his experience he was able to pinpoint the cause, reassure me and provide an effective treatment plan. My follow up appointment for him to assess progress was just as thorough and once again provided the reassurance i needed. I am manging my condition and feel so much better, all thanks for Mr Amen. I am now confident to go out again, can speak on calls, sleep better and the treatment has also been extended to manage another symptom i had recently developed. I can't thank him enough and can highly recommend Mr Amen.

Written by a NHS patient at Peterborough City Hospital
16th February 2021

I was diagnosed with throat cancer early March 2020 and put into the care of Mr Amen and his team. After biopsis were taken Mr Amen contacted me with the bad news and good news ie bad news is, yes i had throat cancer but the good news is it is curable. I have never wavered from that belief in Mr Amen's comment. I had my tonsils out where the cancer was and put on an intensive 6 week daily visit to Addenbrookes for radiotherapy treatment. I have to say I feel very blessed that I was put in the care of NHS Peterborough and especially Mr Amen whom I have the greatest respect for. Having said that it is true to say that everyone who had guided me through this challenging period in Peterborough and Addenbrookes including Carol Turton, Jo Gemmill, Sally Lyons, Amanda Edwards to name but a few have been simply wonderful. Everyone was very willing to give help and advice and only a phone call away. My thanks once again to you all.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris) was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

Nearest Otolaryngologists

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj