mr-furrat-amen

Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris)

Written by a NHS patient at Peterborough City Hospital
16th February 2021

I was diagnosed with throat cancer early March 2020 and put into the care of Mr Amen and his team. After biopsis were taken Mr Amen contacted me with the bad news and good news ie bad news is, yes i had throat cancer but the good news is it is curable. I have never wavered from that belief in Mr Amen's comment. I had my tonsils out where the cancer was and put on an intensive 6 week daily visit to Addenbrookes for radiotherapy treatment. I have to say I feel very blessed that I was put in the care of NHS Peterborough and especially Mr Amen whom I have the greatest respect for. Having said that it is true to say that everyone who had guided me through this challenging period in Peterborough and Addenbrookes including Carol Turton, Jo Gemmill, Sally Lyons, Amanda Edwards to name but a few have been simply wonderful. Everyone was very willing to give help and advice and only a phone call away. My thanks once again to you all.

Written by a NHS patient at Peterborough City Hospital
5th February 2021

I was extremely grateful for Mr Amen's professional and surgical expertise during my cancer experience. My journey has been a very challenging one during a pandemic. My surgery and ongoing treatment which included radiotherapy has been fortunately not been interrupted, which I know I have been grateful for this to be the case. Mr Amen and all the teams involved have been amazing and I have received excellent care. Mr Amen was very kind to explain all details of my treatment and I am so fortunate my surgical scar which is on my face and neck has healed beautifully and scarring has been minimal due to his proficient surgical skills. I would highly recommend this surgeon.

Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
5th January 2021

I would like to thank Dr Amen and all his staff for the Caring, Professional treatment I received They made sure iI understood all stages of the procedures and were very attentive

Written by a patient at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital
24th November 2020

Mr Amen was brilliant throughout my treatment and surgery despite the challenges the COVID brought. He was very knowledgeable, answering all my questions and made me feel at ease. My scar from the surgery is very neat thanks to his techniques.

Written by a patient at Fitzwilliam Hospital
15th November 2020

I had a lump 5cm x 3cm on my left thyroid behind my chest bone.During surgery Mr Amen found that the lump was pressing on an artery and my windpipe.My operation was a success due to Mr Amen’s exceptional skills as a surgeon.Before and after my operation everything was explained very clearly.Mr Amen is kind and considerate and makes you feel at ease.

Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris) was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Furrat Amen is a Consultant ENT/Head and Neck, and Thyroid surgeon at Peterborough City Hospital and Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He trained in all aspects of ENT surgery in London and Paris. Website www.entdoc.co.uk. He studied medicine at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital, London followed by training in ENT at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford. He was a Specialist Registrar in the North Thames London Rotation based at the Royal National Throat Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. He completed genetics research at the Hammersmith Hospital, London, and was awarded a Masters degree in Surgical Sciences from Imperial College, London. He was the international head and neck cancer surgical fellow at the Institut Gustave Roussy, Paris, France’s national and international referral centre for cancer and thyroid surgery and was awarded the Diploma of Head and Neck Cancer Studies at the University of Paris. His main interests are all forms of adult and paediatric ENT Surgery, head and neck cancer and thyroid surgery, and translational genetics cancer research allowing for personalised cancer treatment. He enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children. Mr Amen enjoys travelling, graphics design and modern architecture. He is married with two young children.

Nearest Otolaryngologists

Short link to review Mr Furrat Amen FRCS(ORL-HNS) DOHNS MSc DIC DCC(Paris): http://iwgc.net/efmjj