Mr Frederick Banks

I am a Consultant Urologist at West Herts Hospital Trust which comprises Watford, Hemel Hempsted and St Albans hospitals. I am mostly based at Watford Hospital but also operate at St Albans. My private practice is based at Spire Bushey Hospital. I have a general urological interest, which means that I will see and investigate virtually all urological conditions, the large majority of which will not require operative intervention. Typically, this will mean patients with difficulties passing or holding onto urine, concerns regarding urological cancers and also conditions such as impotence, kidney stones or infertility. I have a specialist interest in the treatment of benign prostatic obstruction with Holmium Laser Enucleation of the Prostate (HoLEP). This is a very safe way of operating on the prostate to improve flow and is particularly good for very large prostates or medically unfit patients. I am one of the few experts inthe country who will tackle to largest prostates. I also have a specialist interest in open kidney cancer surgery. I also have a subspecialist interest in Paediatric Urology. I cover most conditions from hypospadias to adolescent issues. It is my philosophy to listen to patients with a view to giving an appropriate and balanced opinion on how their condition should be investigated and treated.

• Urology

1st December 2015
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

I cannot thank Mr. Bank's enough for the way he dealt with the serious situation I was in, due to an earlier operation done by another consultant at another hospital that went terrible wrong. I found myself relocated to the Watford A and E hospital for them to deal with me. from the outset he gave Mr. Banks gave me confidence, although seriously ill. And with his understanding, explaining regularly, and in detail, how he was going to deal with my situation. Well it worked. I would also thank the team whose input all helped to get me back to health. Thanks you all.

4th November 2015
Written by a patient at Watford General Hospital

Mr Banks impressed in every way. He listened to my concerns, answered my questions, and made a point of seeing me immediately before and after the Holep procedure. It is too soon for me to judge the success of the actual operation, but initial indications are good. I would definitely recommend him.

Nearest Urologists