Mr Fahad Attar

Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgeon, Specialist in Lower Limb Arthroplasty & Knee Reconstruction Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 »

20th October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Dr Attar was brilliant from first meeting him he knew exactly what he could do to help my long standing knee problem. I felt in safe hands from the moment he examined me. He told me about the surgery what he would do and he expected a good outcome. I appriciated his confidence and on the day of the surgery he and his team were brilliant i felt very safe. The surgery went well and after he came to see how i was doing in my room on the ward he explained the operation went very well and wished me good luck with my recovery. I have been very lucky with hardly any pain all the way through this process and 9 weeks down the line doing the physio 2 times a day at home following my recovery plan i am back to work. Dr Attar reviewed me after 8 weeks and was very happy with my progress and with the range of movement i have achieved. I can only say thank you to Dr Attar he has given me a new lease of life i can now walk without pain or a limp and i am looking forward to enjoying my life again doing the things i enjoy with my family. I would encourage anyone who needs this kind of surgury to have it done and if you are lucky enough to have Dr Attar as your surgeon be assured you are in great hands he is a total professional i cant speak highly enough of him. Thank you again Dr Attar.

2nd October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I have had a complete new knee on my right and also a revision on my left knee both done by Mr Attar. I found Mr Attar both approachable & easy to talk to, and I cannot fault the care and attention I received on both occasions.

26th September 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Attar did a great job replacing my knee, I was off crutches after three weeks and now after nine week I am walking over a mile every morning, still a few aches and pains but, that is to be expected, each day is an improvement.

5th September 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Having been seen by two other consultants Mr Attar was the first to identify my problem with my knee. Because of my condition he recommended a bespoke knee, one specially made to align with my hip and lower leg. The end result is amazing. Five weeks after the operation i walked six miles over moorland with just a stick for support. After three years of pain and stiffness which restricted all aspects of my life i have my life back. Mr Attar is an excellent surgeon who is obviously highly respected by those around him. He is relatively young too and appears to work without compromise. I am really glad i discovered him or I might be still limping to the shops in great discomfort.

20th July 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Anxieties and apprehensions before an operation can be eased by the quality of advice and the way in which is delivered . Full knowledge of the content and process of the operation and what to expect immediately afterwards is reassuring at the time and also definitely post op. The follow-up care and advice with a readiness to answer questions from the patient's point of view are essential.Throughout all of this I found Mr Attars approach and professionalism to be excellent. In the times I've seen him since my operation approximately one year ago I feel his advice and reassurance of what to expect and want to continue to do to gain maximum mobility has being important and encouraging throughout. Thank you!

« 1 2 3 4 »