Mr Ewan Bigsby

Mr Ewan Bigsby, is an orthopaedic surgeon with an interest in upper limb surgery. He works in NHS hospitals (Cheltenham General Hospital and Gloucester Royal Hospital) as well as private hospitals (Nuffield Health Hospital Cheltenham and Winfield Hospital Gloucester). He treats general trauma patients as well as sports and degenerative conditions affecting the soft tissues and joints of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand.

10th December 2018
Written by a patient at The Cheltenham Nuffield Hospital

Ewan has made such a difference to my shoulder and the operation went very well indeed. He was very conscientious, polite, supportive and took time to explain exactly what the procedure would entail. I have no hesitation in recommending him as an excellent specialist.

24th November 2018
Written by a patient at Cheltenham General Hospital

I don't usually write reviews but thought I would as I recently had an appointment with Mr bigsby. He was very kind and after carefully examining my hand told me what was going on.I am glad he was recommended yo me and would definitely return if I have other problems.

17th November 2018
Written by a patient at The Cheltenham Nuffield Hospital

I saw Mr Bigsby in clinic for my painful stiff shoulder. He was able to quickly give me a diagnosis. He spent time explaining exactly what was wrong as well as the options available to make it better. I had a lot of questions as I had seen several people before and Mr Bigsby was patient and answered everything. I had surgery which was arranged quickly and have recovered very well. I would strongly recommend Mr Bigsby and his team especially if you have had a problem that other people have not been able to help with.

16th October 2018
Written by a patient at Cheltenham General Hospital

I have never had a problem with the NHS and sing their praises about their dedication and service to any and everyone. However a recent operation on my elbow was appalling and unbelievable service. I was left waiting for 9 hours in a waiting room along with a lady in her 70's, with no offer of water (for dehidration), although her surgeon did have the common courtesy to send someone twice to update her. I had no explanation as to what was going on. When I asked the duty nurses to find out what was going on Mr Ewan Bigsby was nowhere to be found & nobody knew how much longer we would have to wait. Eventualy the procedure was done and I woke up in a room given a sandwhich, some pain killers and sent home, now 13 hours after arriving. Not once was I told since, verbally or in writing what was done to my arm! The local physio contacted me, sent me some exercises to do and left me to it. Today I had a 3 month check up with Mr Bigsby who basically told me I could not have water, because of the anesthetic, which is a complete lie, as you are allowed in the letter to drink up to 5am and operations started at 9am. He then claimed he was operating all day but the theatre never knew where he was for a long time, when trying to find out what was going on. He directed me to the wrong floor on my arrival at the hospital and basically said today, when I said I have all the same problems. Tuff, nothing more I can do for you and that's the service you get, when I know from the past it is not. 99.9% of NHS staff are dedicated 1000%, this guy clearly is not and I would not recommend him to anyone, ever. Absolutely discraceful attitude and service.

22nd August 2018
Written by a patient at The Cheltenham Nuffield Hospital

I was seen at the Nuffield - was very easy to get to and was given plenty of time to ask questions. I was shown on a model what was going on with my elbow which made it easy to understand. Physiotherapy was arranged very quickly with a physiotherapist who understood the problem with my elbow. A very good service !

Short link to review Mr Ewan Bigsby: http://iwgc.net/ehk29