Mr Erlick Pereira

Mr. Pereira is a London Consultant Neurosurgeon who sees patients at St George's University Hospital and The London Clinic. He has a wide general practice of brain, spine and peripheral nerve surgery. He is dual-trained in complex spinal surgery, having trained in neurosurgery at the Oxford John Radcliffe followed by an orthopaedic complex spinal surgery fellowship in Guy’s and St Thomas’. He has special interests in all surgeries for severe chronic pain and cancer pain, spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion stimulation for pain, complex spinal surgery from slipped discs to trauma, tumour and minimally invasive surgery and general brain surgery including trauma, benign lesions, vascular problems and hydrocephalus. He is the lead clinician for functional neurosurgery at St George’s and performed its first deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, pain and epilepsy operations.

• Neurosurgery

21st September 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

This was my fourth spinal surgery so I have past experiences to judge Mr Pereira by. Erlick took over my case at short notice when a surgeon with a complex spinal speciality was required. Mr Pereira had a very calm, methodical and measured approach which was totally reassuring. He was very clear and concise in his consultations and operational procedure. Subsequently the surgery went very well and I received great care.

7th September 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

My name is Nathan.The doctor I saw listened and went on to perform amazing surgery to help with back pain that got real worse after I was hit side on in a vehicle. Gave good advice. Sent me or advise me on all possible outcomes. And the surgery he performed was spot on. Aftercare is still on going but have no complaints about Dr pereira.

1st August 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I have been an emergency patient at St. George's in Tooting and Mr Pereira operated on me about ten days ago. The pains in my back and increased difficulty in walking had been caused by a tumour on my spine initially caused by rogue cells from prostate cancer. Before the operation he had to impart difficult news to me and outline the options I had. He was very clear, kind and professional - and gave me incredible confidence that I was in the best hands. After the op - and that was highly successful - he was very caring and, even though I must be one of many whose life (and ability to walk) he has saved, I felt that I was being treated as an individual and not just a number. I have been cared for by some remarkable people in the last fortnight but Mr Pereira has been a key component in my recovery. I thank him with all my heart.

23rd July 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

After suffering a sub arachnoid bleed last winter I was very fortunate to be under Mr Pereira's care. He gave clear simple explanations, appropriate treatment and was very reassuring at a very difficult time for myself and my family. I am back at work and well on the way to making a full recovery. I wish to thank him for all his help and support.

29th June 2017
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

Following months of worsening pains down the backs of both legs, I visited Mr Pereira for a consultation. Via an MRI scan I was diagnosed with a prolapsed disc in my lower back. Due to complications I ended up requiring an emergency spinal procedure to remove part of the disc causing compression on the spinal canal. Mr Pereira went out of his way to accommodate this surgical procedure at very short notice. At all points he has been calming and professional, and explained exactly what was happening and what to expect post-operation. I am now recuperating and hope to be back to pre-leg pain fitness levels in due course! I would highly recommend Mr Pereira to anyone in a similar situation. I was glad to be under his care during this period.

Nearest Neurosurgeons