Mr Erlick Pereira

Mr. Pereira is a London Consultant Neurosurgeon who sees patients at St George's University Hospital and The London Clinic. He has a wide general practice of brain, spine and peripheral nerve surgery. He is dual-trained in complex spinal surgery, having trained in neurosurgery at the Oxford John Radcliffe followed by an orthopaedic complex spinal surgery fellowship in Guy’s and St Thomas’. He has special interests in all surgeries for severe chronic pain and cancer pain, spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion stimulation for pain, complex spinal surgery from slipped discs to trauma, tumour and minimally invasive surgery and general brain surgery including trauma, benign lesions, vascular problems and hydrocephalus. He is the lead clinician for functional neurosurgery at St George’s and performed its first deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, pain and epilepsy operations.

• Neurosurgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

23rd July 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

After suffering a sub arachnoid bleed last winter I was very fortunate to be under Mr Pereira's care. He gave clear simple explanations, appropriate treatment and was very reassuring at a very difficult time for myself and my family. I am back at work and well on the way to making a full recovery. I wish to thank him for all his help and support.

29th June 2017
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

Following months of worsening pains down the backs of both legs, I visited Mr Pereira for a consultation. Via an MRI scan I was diagnosed with a prolapsed disc in my lower back. Due to complications I ended up requiring an emergency spinal procedure to remove part of the disc causing compression on the spinal canal. Mr Pereira went out of his way to accommodate this surgical procedure at very short notice. At all points he has been calming and professional, and explained exactly what was happening and what to expect post-operation. I am now recuperating and hope to be back to pre-leg pain fitness levels in due course! I would highly recommend Mr Pereira to anyone in a similar situation. I was glad to be under his care during this period.

19th June 2017
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

What can I say. Erlick was calm and decisive in helping me out of a very painful L5S1 situation that had been slowly getting better over the course of 7 months until a disk fragment broke off from too much contact sports. I was in agony and had severe sciatic nerve compression, Erlick and the team had me in surgery within 48 hours of the disk fragment and bulge entering my nerve canal was no more. I attribute the fast recovery due to the speed in dealing with the issue and the surgical expertise. If anyone I know is ever in this situation I'd be sending them to Erlick

9th June 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Very Friendly and made a great decision . I came St George for Foraminotomy which was complicated with unknown Cardiac problems. Surgery was cancelled . I was in Severe Pain for which he suggested to give Nerve block injection . I,m doing very well and my pain is controlled . Also under treatment for cardiac problems.

24th May 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was operated on by Mr Pereira for spinal stenosis. Prior to the operation I was stooping and unable to walk more than 20 yards before my back started to hurt. The transformation was amazing - within 24 hours of the operation I could move around more easily and now (3 months later) I am back to being my old, active self. At every stage of the consultation and care Mr Pereira explained what was happening, how he planned to operate, etc. and was unfailingly polite and approachable. I cannot praise or recommend him highly enough!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »