Mr Erlick Pereira

Mr. Pereira is a London Consultant Neurosurgeon who sees patients at St George's University Hospital, London Spine Clinic and The London Clinic. He has a broad practice of brain, spine and peripheral nerve surgery. He is dual-trained in complex spinal surgery, having trained in neurosurgery at the Oxford John Radcliffe followed by an orthopaedic complex spinal surgery fellowship in Guy’s and St Thomas’. He has special interests in all surgeries for severe chronic pain and cancer pain, spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion stimulation for pain, complex spinal surgery from slipped discs to trauma, tumour and minimally invasive surgery and general brain surgery including trauma, benign lesions, vascular problems and hydrocephalus. He is the lead clinician for functional neurosurgery at St George’s and performed its first deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, pain and epilepsy operations.

• Neurosurgery
  • Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Pain medicine

10th July 2019
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

I found from the very beginning of making contact with Mr Erlick Pereira’s secretary to having surgery on my spine to be caring and understanding. Mr Pereira listened to me and explained everything very clearly. I could not recommend him more highly.

30th June 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Absolutely second to none. Caring and kind and really wants to help. I cannot say enough good things about this man. Thank you for all you have done and continue to do

23rd May 2019
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

Mr Pereira performed a T3 Excision of intradural extramedullary tumour and a drainage of the spinal canal on me. I felt I was in good hands throughout the procedures and Mr Pereira explained everything clearly to both myself and my wife. He was caring, ringing at home to check on my progress, and very approachable. I would recommend him without hesitatation.

2nd May 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mr Pereira carried out my Cervical Laminectomy, resulting in better quality of life in the future for me, he is understanding of your needs , fantastic surgeon, would highly recommend him . The aftercare is something I have never experienced, he emails asking you to fill in questionaires to see how you are recovering, which makes you feel you are being cared for at home .

25th April 2019
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

I had a microdiscectomy carried out by Mr Pereira 8 weeks ago and having had my check up with him yesterday, I’m just about to head out on my first run and I feel amazing. Hopefully I’ll still feel good when I get back! I had been in significant pain for well over a year and a half and my quality of life had become seriously affected. I couldn’t walk without limping and I couldn’t do any of the things I normally love, being a very active person. Mr Pereira has transformed my life. From the moment I came out of surgery I felt almost 100% better. I was looked after and reassured and for quite a nervous person the whole surgery experience could not have been managed more smoothly. I feel very lucky and excited to be able to start doing all the things I love again. Thank you Mr Pereira.

Nearest Neurosurgeons