Mr Erlick Pereira

Mr. Pereira is a London Consultant Neurosurgeon who sees patients at St George's University Hospital and The London Clinic. He has a wide general practice of brain, spine and peripheral nerve surgery. He is dual-trained in complex spinal surgery, having trained in neurosurgery at the Oxford John Radcliffe followed by an orthopaedic complex spinal surgery fellowship in Guy’s and St Thomas’. He has special interests in all surgeries for severe chronic pain and cancer pain, spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion stimulation for pain, complex spinal surgery from slipped discs to trauma, tumour and minimally invasive surgery and general brain surgery including trauma, benign lesions, vascular problems and hydrocephalus. He is the lead clinician for functional neurosurgery at St George’s and performed its first deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, pain and epilepsy operations.

• Neurosurgery

5th February 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was admitted to St Georges Hospital to have a thoracic spine meningioma removed. Due to the fact I had Severe/Critical Aortic Stenosis it was decided that the operation would not be possible under general anesthetic, therefore Mr Pereira suggested he could perform this under local anesthetic. As this was the first time this operation would have been performed this way. Mr Pereira was extremely helpful and caring in his advice to me. This operation was a success and I can't thank Mr Pereira enough. I am pleased to say I am totally pain free, and I can recommend Mr Pereira to anyone that requires surgery. I was very happy with all the treatment I received from the staff at St Georges Hospital.

12th January 2018
Written by a carer at St George's Hospital

Excellent surgery on shunt procedure. Relocation of shunt by Mr Pereira proved successful and the procedure showed an increase of recovery time compared to previous shunt 20 months previous. Thank you Mr Pereira.

17th December 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Having suffered a large bleed on the brain early in the morning of Sunday 8th October 2017, I was transferred under blue lights from the Royal Surrey to the high dependency unit of the neurosurgery ward Atkinson Morley of St George's Hospital Tooting where I had an eight night stay. All in all I had an excellent experience of Erlick and the full team : they are good people. They resisted the temptation to crack me open to have a look until they had found the cause via CT scans and angiogram.In the end , I was found to have an Idiopathic Subarachnoid Haemorrhage and thankfully no surgery was necessary. They were very good at keeping me informed of what was going on at each stage of the process. As promised , two months on I am now essentially fully recovered. One small suggestion : the nurses have a scale of 1 to 10 as to pain level whilst consultants use 1 to 4 . Perhaps there is a need to be a consistency especially as I never give anybody the highest or lowest mark ! Deciding between 2 and 3 was tricky. Eight days after having been blue lighted in , I was able to walk out under my own steam but some 10kilos lighter ! Thank you again : it could have been so much worse.

7th December 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Quick, helpful, informative, polite, professional and reassuring. I had sciatica and needed a microdiscectomy. The operation was went very smoothly, and I was back to normal by two months, earlier than predicted. Delighted with the results with Mr Pereira.

7th December 2017
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

After struggling with a slipped disc and bulge pressing on my sciatic nerve I went to see Mr Pereira at the London Spine Clinic. He gave me my options of care: physio, steriod injection and possible surgery. I was impressed that he allowed me to go through the stages of treatment with jumping straight to the surgery option. Unfortunately my back and sciatic pain were too severe so I needed to have surgery in the end after having tried a number of things. I had the surgery 6 weeks ago and can honestly say that my life is totally back to normal. In fact after 3 weeks I wasn't even aware of any symptons. He is professional and friendly. I felt totally at ease with him performing my surgery and am so happy that I am now painfree and ready to lead a normal life. I would highly recommend him. Karen Goldstone

Nearest Neurosurgeons