Mr Erlick Pereira

Mr. Pereira is a London Consultant Neurosurgeon who sees patients at St George's University Hospital, London Spine Clinic and The London Clinic. He has a broad practice of brain, spine and peripheral nerve surgery. He is dual-trained in complex spinal surgery, having trained in neurosurgery at the Oxford John Radcliffe followed by an orthopaedic complex spinal surgery fellowship in Guy’s and St Thomas’. He has special interests in all surgeries for severe chronic pain and cancer pain, spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion stimulation for pain, complex spinal surgery from slipped discs to trauma, tumour and minimally invasive surgery and general brain surgery including trauma, benign lesions, vascular problems and hydrocephalus. He is the lead clinician for functional neurosurgery at St George’s and performed its first deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, pain and epilepsy operations.

• Neurosurgery
  • Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Pain medicine

23rd May 2019
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

Mr Pereira performed a T3 Excision of intradural extramedullary tumour and a drainage of the spinal canal on me. I felt I was in good hands throughout the procedures and Mr Pereira explained everything clearly to both myself and my wife. He was caring, ringing at home to check on my progress, and very approachable. I would recommend him without hesitatation.

2nd May 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mr Pereira carried out my Cervical Laminectomy, resulting in better quality of life in the future for me, he is understanding of your needs , fantastic surgeon, would highly recommend him . The aftercare is something I have never experienced, he emails asking you to fill in questionaires to see how you are recovering, which makes you feel you are being cared for at home .

25th April 2019
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

I had a microdiscectomy carried out by Mr Pereira 8 weeks ago and having had my check up with him yesterday, I’m just about to head out on my first run and I feel amazing. Hopefully I’ll still feel good when I get back! I had been in significant pain for well over a year and a half and my quality of life had become seriously affected. I couldn’t walk without limping and I couldn’t do any of the things I normally love, being a very active person. Mr Pereira has transformed my life. From the moment I came out of surgery I felt almost 100% better. I was looked after and reassured and for quite a nervous person the whole surgery experience could not have been managed more smoothly. I feel very lucky and excited to be able to start doing all the things I love again. Thank you Mr Pereira.

9th April 2019
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

I have to say that my opinion of Mr. Pereira is excellent. He is, of course, knowledgable; but also willing to answer any question that you may have and provide explanation, whenever it may be needed. He answers honestly with certainty and clarity, which helped to put my wife and I at ease and was a breath of fresh air, at a time when I needed a positive direction for the resolution to my pain. His experience and professionalism was apparent, not only in the way that he approached every one of my appointments, but also with the ultimate result of my L4/5 microdiscectomy. I have seen a number of specialists over the past two and a half years and found some to be generally disinterested, or give the impression it is beneath them to discuss medical detail with someone who has some understanding of their condition. I only wish I had consulted Mr. Pereira sooner and I could have avoided a good portion of the past year of pain. He is also a thoroughly nice chap and someone who, I believe, truly cares about the condition and well-being of his patients. I would not hestitate to recommenced Mr. Pereira.

28th February 2019
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

I was referred to Mr. Pereira by a Consulatant in Sports & Exercise Medicine regarding a lower back injury to decide on the best course of action. Whilst Mr. Pereira's diagnosis was a more detailed assessment of what I had already been told he offered me the option of self recovery through physiotherapy and careful exercise. As surgical intervention has its risks I was pleased to know this option was viable. He carefully pointed out to me my chances of recovery via different methods and the risks involved. After about 6 months Mr. Pereira arranged for a repeat MRI scan, which was done on the same machine, and a detailed analysis of the changes over that time. This proved excellent advice as my recovery has meant that I have now no limitations and have avoided an operation. Many thanks to Mr. Pereira for great care.

Nearest Neurosurgeons