Mr Erlick Pereira

Mr. Pereira is a London Consultant Neurosurgeon who sees patients at St George's University Hospital, London Spine Clinic and The London Clinic. He has a broad practice of brain, spine and peripheral nerve surgery. He is dual-trained in complex spinal surgery, having trained in neurosurgery at the Oxford John Radcliffe followed by an orthopaedic complex spinal surgery fellowship in Guy’s and St Thomas’. He has special interests in all surgeries for severe chronic pain and cancer pain, spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion stimulation for pain, complex spinal surgery from slipped discs to trauma, tumour and minimally invasive surgery and general brain surgery including trauma, benign lesions, vascular problems and hydrocephalus. He is the lead clinician for functional neurosurgery at St George’s and performed its first deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, pain and epilepsy operations.

• Neurosurgery
  • Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Pain medicine

16th January 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mr Pereira - I would like to thank and congratulate you and all the staff I came in contact with in the Atkinson Morley wing in St George's in October last year. I felt that I was treated as a person, not as a number or a statistic, and you and your team are to be congratulated on the level and quality of care that you provide. Thank you and well done!

17th December 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mr Pereira performed a discectomy in November 2017. He is clearly an excellent surgeon, as I healed exceptionally well, and the scar from the incision is minimal. I resumed normal activities within six weeks, and am delighted to report that the dibilitating back pain that I had previously experienced is now gone. Whilst I still have some tightness in the mornings upon waking, once I move around a bit, I'm fine. I continue to take care with regard to bending, lifting, and turning, of course, but the difference is remarkable. I'm back to myself again. I cannot thank Mr Pereira for his expertise and follow up. My life has been truly transformed in the one year since my surgery.

6th December 2018
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

Mr Pereira put me at ease and was very clear. One of the first doctors who has listened to me properly and taken the time to get to know me. 5 stars *****

22nd July 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

My medical problem started with muscular pain in my shoulder and neck but worsened quickly to the point where I could not walk and support my head properly. I lost the use of my arm and my bowels and bladder could not function. I was admitted to Kingston Hospital via their A&E Dept and and X-rays and a scan showed I had a severe spinal collapse between the fourth and fifth vertebrae (top of the spine) where the disc had crumbled and I was in danger of my spinal cord being severed. I was swiftly transferred to St George's Hospital at Tooting and placed under Dr Pereira's care. Dr Pereira carefully explained the cause of my problems and the operation he intended carrying out. He wrote down the procedure as anterior cervical discectomy and fusion and explained how a collar would be inserted. The operation was successful and within days I could walk with the aid of a frame and after neuro physio sessions and home exercise I am doing exceedingly well and cannot thank Dr Pereira enough for saving my life and restoring my health.

19th July 2018
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

I had C5/6 cervical disc replacement surgery performed by Mr Pereira at The London Clinic in May 2018. Firstly I was struggling to accept I actually needed surgery to decompress my spinal cord (since my symptoms were very minimal), and secondly I was finding it very hard to decide between fusion (ACDF) and disc replacement. I had been advised by a number of people to seek out a neurosurgeon for cervical spine surgery rather than an orthopaedic surgeon and that's why I chose Mr Pereira. He could not have been more helpful (and patient!) in assisting me in making my decision and putting me at my ease. Two months down the line I am making great progress, healing well and am very pleased I went ahead with disc replacement surgery. I can't recommend Mr Pereira highly enough, not least for his obvious surgical ability, but also for his approachability and reassuring nature. Many thanks indeed to Mr Pereira and his team.

Nearest Neurosurgeons