Mr Erlick Pereira

Mr. Pereira is a London Consultant Neurosurgeon who sees patients at St George's University Hospital and The London Clinic. He has a wide general practice of brain, spine and peripheral nerve surgery. He is dual-trained in complex spinal surgery, having trained in neurosurgery at the Oxford John Radcliffe followed by an orthopaedic complex spinal surgery fellowship in Guy’s and St Thomas’. He has special interests in all surgeries for severe chronic pain and cancer pain, spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion stimulation for pain, complex spinal surgery from slipped discs to trauma, tumour and minimally invasive surgery and general brain surgery including trauma, benign lesions, vascular problems and hydrocephalus. He is the lead clinician for functional neurosurgery at St George’s and performed its first deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, pain and epilepsy operations.

• Neurosurgery

6th November 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was transferred to St George’s in March this year after I suffered a subarachnoid haemorrhage. This was a particularly frightening time for both myself and my family but I was extremely lucky to be treated by Mr Pereira and his team. The care and service I received was absolutely first class. Mr Pereira visited me each day whilst in hospital and explained clearly and precisely how I was progressing, providing reassurance over any concerns I had. I am indebted to Mr Pereira for fixing me and cannot thank him enough. I am well on the road to recovery now and have started back at the gym too.

19th October 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I could not fault Mr Periera he was always very pleasant to deal with and either himself or one of team came round to see me everyday during my stay in St George's which was really settling for myself as I came in as a trauma patient. He was always very clear and thorough in his work and assessments. His advise was second to none and was really helpful when he explained his reasons behind it. I feel so lucky to have Mr Periera on the day of admission, thank you so much for everything!

23rd September 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Dr Pereira is absolutely trustworthy and I do not hesitate to recommend him. His non interventionist approach meant that I did not need to have surgery for my spontaneous subdural hematoma.

21st September 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

This was my fourth spinal surgery so I have past experiences to judge Mr Pereira by. Erlick took over my case at short notice when a surgeon with a complex spinal speciality was required. Mr Pereira had a very calm, methodical and measured approach which was totally reassuring. He was very clear and concise in his consultations and operational procedure. Subsequently the surgery went very well and I received great care.

7th September 2017
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

My name is Nathan.The doctor I saw listened and went on to perform amazing surgery to help with back pain that got real worse after I was hit side on in a vehicle. Gave good advice. Sent me or advise me on all possible outcomes. And the surgery he performed was spot on. Aftercare is still on going but have no complaints about Dr pereira.

Nearest Neurosurgeons