Mr Erlick Pereira

Mr. Pereira is a London Consultant Neurosurgeon who sees patients at St George's University Hospital, London Spine Clinic and The London Clinic. He has a broad practice of brain, spine and peripheral nerve surgery. He is dual-trained in complex spinal surgery, having trained in neurosurgery at the Oxford John Radcliffe followed by an orthopaedic complex spinal surgery fellowship in Guy’s and St Thomas’. He has special interests in all surgeries for severe chronic pain and cancer pain, spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion stimulation for pain, complex spinal surgery from slipped discs to trauma, tumour and minimally invasive surgery and general brain surgery including trauma, benign lesions, vascular problems and hydrocephalus. He is the lead clinician for functional neurosurgery at St George’s and performed its first deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, pain and epilepsy operations.

• Neurosurgery
  • Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Pain medicine

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

4th November 2019

I had a good experience with Dr Pereira. He made me feel that I was in safe hands and made me feel comfortable and confident in pre-op period that all will go well. As a result, today I am healthy and with no pain in my back that I was experiencing for the past 2 years . L Pecarski

1st November 2019

My experience as a patient of Mr Pereira exceeded my expectations, and I was treated at all times respectively and was explained clearly the procedure I was to have and given the opportunity to ask any questions I needed to. I was also given the time at my 3 month review to discuss my condition at this time. I was a NHS patient but couldn't have been treated better if I was a private patient.

Written by a patient at The London Clinic
31st October 2019

I have been a patient of the London Spine Clinic for several years and three fairly major Spine op's on the way carried out by Mr John Sutcliffe. Following a Spinal Cord Stimulation procedure, and coming up to a weekend, a significant Hematoma was identified by Mr Pereira who was covering for a colleague who was on holiday. Mr Pereira kindly arranged to deal with the issue the next day saving great pain and worry. I am very grateful for his direct approach and a speedy resolving of the problem. Easy to talk to, good advice, and amazing care throughout.

31st October 2019

I was fortunate enough to have had Mr Pereira for two relatively recent operations. The first was a brain operation involving the implant of a deep brain stimulation device to aid my Parkinsons. The second was a back operation to rectify a slipped disc. In both cases the operations were successful . At the outset Mr Pereira was clear about the risks involved and his open, warm and knowledgeable manner gave me the confidence that i was in the right hands. Following on from the operation Mr Pereira's genuine concern for the patient continues. I would have no hesitation in recommending him.

Written by a patient at The London Clinic
24th October 2019

My life has been transformed following deep brain stimulation for tremor In July by Erlick Pereira and his team after years of suffering and increasing disability which was insidiously invading my quality of life and my ability to carry out the small but important tasks which make up every day living.. I am Irish so going to another jurisdiction was daunting for both my family and me. I needn’t have worried. The care , kindness and expertise blew me away and I felt completely safe from the get go at the admissions desk at London Clinic. I’m genuinely so grateful to this Team for giving me my life back- so reassuring, so skillful and so respectful of my needs. It’s the first time ever I have felt PART of the Surgical Team- this wasn’t a“we will do this and we know best”, rather it was a collaborative effort which , ensured every one relevant was kept in the loop at all times- not least the patient and my family. We were literally all in this together.. This is the World Class medicine as it should be. I cannot adequately express my gratitude to this Team, Dr Pereira , Professor Aziz, Dr Amy and Dr Paviour. Their willingness to be available and reassuring to me on any concerns is beyond any description I can come up with. I’m cured, I’m anazed, I’m so grateful. Needless to say I’m still recovering from significant brain surgery but that just takes time and rest. This Team and this surgery are at the cutting edge of a surgical innovation which can quite literally transform people’s lives. I have no other words except THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART AND I WANT TO SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »