Mr Erlick Pereira

Mr. Pereira is a London Consultant Neurosurgeon who sees patients at St George's University Hospital, London Spine Clinic and The London Clinic. He has a broad practice of brain, spine and peripheral nerve surgery. He is dual-trained in complex spinal surgery, having trained in neurosurgery at the Oxford John Radcliffe followed by an orthopaedic complex spinal surgery fellowship in Guy’s and St Thomas’. He has special interests in all surgeries for severe chronic pain and cancer pain, spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion stimulation for pain, complex spinal surgery from slipped discs to trauma, tumour and minimally invasive surgery and general brain surgery including trauma, benign lesions, vascular problems and hydrocephalus. He is the lead clinician for functional neurosurgery at St George’s and performed its first deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, pain and epilepsy operations.

• Neurosurgery
  • Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Pain medicine

10th July 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I had a prolapsed L5/S1 Disc which was treated through Microdiscectomy on 26/03/2018. I was worried because there wasn't a lot of reviews from people that were as young as me to have had the condition. Therefore i was very nervous going into the procedure. The care i got from Mr. Erlick Pereira and the staff at Atkinson Morley Wing, St George's Hospital was beyond my imagination. Mr. Pereira was very informative in my consultation meeting before the operation, answering my questions and explaining the procedure and it's risks and benefits. The operation was a success and slowly i am getting back to my active lifestyle. On the day of the surgery Mr. Pereira and his team took great care of me and checked up on me regularly before and after the operation. They were very sympathetic and patient. The staff on the Wing were very caring, not only to me but others in the ward as well. They took their time with each patient, checking up on them regularly and making sure everything was in order. They were approachable and also had a laugh with the patients. Its easy to say that i have never experienced or seen care/service like this in my life. For anyone who is considering or has been referred to Mr. Pereira and his team have nothing to worry about as i am sure you will get the best care possible.

4th July 2018
Written by a carer at St George's Hospital

Mr Pereira and his expert team performed DBS surgery for my aunt who suffers from Parkinson's. The team were approachable, caring and empathetic to our family's specific concerns and took great care of us. Mr Pereira clearly explained the surgery and was very patient with any questions we may have had.The surgery was a success with the electrodes placed in an optimal position, thus allowing my aunt to regain the best function from the electrode stimulation. The aftercare has also been excellent, with the the team just a phone call away should we have any concerns. We are very grateful for the excellent care we have received from Mr Pereira and the St George's Functional neurosurgery team. I thoroughly recommend them.

23rd June 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

mr periera put mes at ease in the pre surgery appointment and explained the process to me in detail. he saw me on the morning of the surgery. the surgery and after care on the ward was excellent and i recovered quickly and was discharged the next day

17th June 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

My surgery was for a revision of L4/L5 Laminectomy for spinal stenosis decompression. The original operation was performed in January 2016 and had been successful but symptoms returned after 18 months. I first met with Mr Pereira in October 2017 and was struck by his attention to what I had to say and the time he spent studying my MRI scans before making a decision regarding treatment. He listened and considered, carefully, before deciding. There was no feeling that the consultation had a time limit. I left the consultation confident that I would be in safe hands. My surgery was on 3rd March 2018 (pushed backed because of the winter flu pressures on hospitals, I imagine) and all went flawlessly. I was discharged on 5th, and within a couple of days was moving and walking easily. The leg pain had gone and I felt brighter and happier in myself because of it. After the 2016 surgery it took 9 weeks for me to walk 2 miles. After the revision I did that walk after 9 days. I am extremely pleased with the care and attention, and above all the skill, shown to me by Mr Pereira. Anyone being offered a revision of spinal surgery by Mr Pereira should not worry. On a side note my stay at St George's was enhanced by two things: the cheery good nature of the team who looked after me and the food. St George's catering is very good. They could certainly teach other hospitals some lessons.

9th June 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I was admitted to St Georges under the care of Mr Erlick Pereira for Neurosurgery from Epsom Hospital with a brain bleed following a fall striking my head on a concrete floor which didn't manifest itself for a couple of months. The fall was in October at a wedding and I was taken to St Mary's Paddington for examination. I didn't have an Xray and the doctor glued the cut on my head and discharged in the early hours of the morning. I became unwell on 16th December 2017. An ambulance was called hence my stay in Epson until being taken to St Georges for the Operation . When appropriate I was transferred back to my local hospital East Surrey Hospital until discharged home on the 25th January 2018. I was in hospital for nearly two months. I received a letter from St Georges to attend saying an appointment had been made to see Dr Pereira as a follow up on 7th June at 11.00 a.m. My treatment with the NHS in all three hospitals was very satisfactory the doctors, nurses and staff were all so kind. Thank you Dr Pereira for looking after me through my operation and taking such good care of me. My most grateful thanks to you all Yours sincerely : Drucilla Twyman

Nearest Neurosurgeons