mr-erlick-pereira

1st October 2021

I am most grateful to Mr Pereira for the efficient and prompt treatment I received from himself and his team. As the onset of symptoms were very quick, there was some debate as to what my complaint was, but I am glad that my case was picked up by Mr Pereira and his rapid interception of my treatment I think produced what appears to be a successful outcome for which I am so grateful. This has been an eye-opening experience as I have been fortunate to enjoy good health up to this event and it also served as a good education of the NHS which gave such good support treatment during and after my Hospitalisation period and recovery at home..

1st October 2021

Dear Mr Pereira It is now 4 months since my DBS surgery and I have had 3 follow meetings with Dr. Walsh. So far the results are very good with still more programming sessions to go. I would like to say a very big thank you for what I believe has already resulted in a much improved quality of life. I would like to thank Rhea for her no hassle approach to sorting a few issues. The team pre and post operatively showed me ‘Inspired care’. Pass on my thanks to them all. Thank you so much to you for professional confidence and delivery of the result. Kindest Regards Alex and Bernadette

18th September 2021

Dr Elrick A. C. Pereira has operated on me on 28th June 2021 C4/C5 posterior decompression (C4 Laminetomy + undercutting of C5 lamina ) I was discharged the hospital 30th June 2021. I am very happy and I thank everyone for the support and specially Dr Elrick Pereira who operated me.

17th July 2021

I first met Dr. Pereira in 2017 when I had my First DBS surgery for Generalised Dystonia, and in 2019 second DBS was implanted under his tremendous impressive care at St George’s. I am extremely happy with the outcome of the operations as the quality of my life is hugely improved. Recently, when I was aboard, I experienced severe pain in my lower back and right leg that affected my mobility and sleep. And a scan showed that I had a spinal cord tumor. After I let Dr. Pereira’s team know, they were unimaginably caring and worry about me. They asked me to come back as soon as possible because it might cause more problems, and while I was aboard, they organised admission for urgent laminectomy surgery. And the operation was successfully done after everything is clearly explained to me by Dr. Pereira and his brilliant staff. I know I never can thank him and his team enough for what they have done for me during the last four years whenever I need them, they stand up, and they saved my life more than once. I feel like they are more than doctors they are my family.

Written by a private patient at The London Clinic
14th April 2021

Tremendously impressive care given with a series of bank injections. Particularly impressed with the team at the London Spine Clinic who looked after me very well. Still waiting to be "cured" with treatment but I feel in safe hands with Mr Pereira.

• Neurosurgery
  • Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Pain medicine

Mr. Pereira is a London Consultant Neurosurgeon who sees patients at St George's University Hospital, London Spine Clinic and The London Clinic. He has a broad practice of brain, spine and peripheral nerve surgery. He is dual-trained in complex spinal surgery, having trained in neurosurgery at the Oxford John Radcliffe followed by an orthopaedic complex spinal surgery fellowship in Guy’s and St Thomas’. He has special interests in all surgeries for severe chronic pain and cancer pain, spinal cord and dorsal root ganglion stimulation for pain, complex spinal surgery from slipped discs to trauma, tumour and minimally invasive surgery and general brain surgery including trauma, benign lesions, vascular problems and hydrocephalus. He is the lead clinician for functional neurosurgery at St George’s and performed its first deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease and other movement disorders, pain and epilepsy operations.

Nearest Neurosurgeons