« 1 2 3 4 »

2nd April 2020

Great advice about dealing with my recent foot infections. Finding the cause of the problem and preventing future recurrence was the focus which has now been achieved. Mt Dawe and his colleagues at the Nuffield-Chichester carried out the operation expertly with great care and consideration kindly explaining all I needed to know in a most friendly manner. I am now convalescing and looking forward to getting back to good long walks in the future, my great thanks to Mr Dawe and his team.

10th March 2020

Mr Dawe treated me in November 2019 for a long term ankle injury; following an MRI scan, he quickly diagnosed the problem, explained the various treatment options, and then carried out a procedure which has (to date) been very successful. Ed is very approachable and has a very decent and personable manner; a thoroughly likable chap as well as being a highly competent consultant.

Written by a patient at St Richard's Hospital
9th March 2020

I broke my ankle playing rugby in early December. I saw Mr Dawe within 3 days of booking an appointment and we decided that surgery was the best way forwards with the aim of playing rugby again in mid-March. Surgery took place 3 days after seeing Mr Dawe and was all sorted within the day. He was absolutely brilliant, moving other operations around and seeing me before Christmas. The results have been brilliant and I am hoping to start a rugby match this coming Saturday. Mr Dawe provides a brilliant personalized service and I couldn't have wished for anymore during my recovery from my broken ankle. Thanks!

28th February 2020

I had been having problems with an increasingly painful large bunion on my left foot, nothing helped it. As my job involves a lot of running around as well as a long commute I needed it to be sorted out. Mr Dawe was amazing, after getting lots of x-rays and listening to all the problems I had, he discussed all the options available, pros and cons! We then agreed an operation was the best solution for me, just over a month later I was admitted to Chichester Nuffield for my procedure. Mr Dawe saw me before and after the operation and made sure I was happy and comfortable with everything going on, the staff at the Nuffield were also very good and attentive. I’m not going to lie, the first few days after the pain was excruciating but to be expected since bones had been broken and pins and screws were holding my toe together! When I saw Mr Dawe next to have my stitches out he was very pleased with how it went and was healing and so was I, despite the swelling I finally had a normal straight foot again! Lots of checkups, bandages and special shoes later I am now back to work. Whilst my full recovery is ongoing, it takes up to a year for foot to settle down completely, I already have the benefits of a straight foot, no rubbing or constant pain. I would like to thank Mr Dawe for everything he has done for me to improve my foot. He comes across as a very caring man, I’m sure he sees hundreds of bunions but he respected my issues with it and was able to treat me like an individual. Thank you again and I will definitely recommend you to anyone who needs similar help.

26th February 2020

My initial meeting with Mr Dawe was following my own research on line. I met with him and the results of the X ray on my foot were discussed. I was presented with options and likely outcomes. A cheilectomy operation was one option. I felt no pressure to have surgery. I decided to go ahead with an operation and met briefly with Mr Dawe on the morning of the procedure. I felt in safe hands. Post surgery was as described. I did follow Mr Dawes instructions ,as a result my recovery has been very good. As far as operations, it has been a good experience, assisted by a capable surgeon who communicates well and is very personable.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Dawe is a consultant orthopaedic and trauma surgeon specialising in disorders of the foot and ankle. He treats orthopaedic trauma, as well as a wide variety of foot and ankle pathologies such as bunions, lesser toe problems, arthritis, flat or high-arched feet, foot complications of diabetes and complex revision surgery of all types. Mr Dawe uses numerous techniques to help with foot and ankle problems and is often able to avoid surgery. Where surgery is needed, arthroscopic or ‘keyhole’ techniques or minimally invasive surgery can often be used to improve the experience and recovery time after surgery. Mr Dawe completed his training in South West London, during which he worked for numerous different foot and ankle surgeons in London, Sussex and Surrey. He broadened his experience with limb reconstruction and complex trauma fellowship at St George's Hospital with Alex Trompeter and, following this, a second year-long fellowship in foot and ankle surgery at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital with Heath Taylor. Mr Dawe was awarded the BOFAS visiting fellowship in 2014, travelling to the Schonklinik in Munich in order to work with Prof Markus Walther, president of the German foot and ankle society. He also travelled to Regions Trauma Centre in Minneapolis to visit the renowned trauma specialist professor Peter Cole. Mr Dawe works as a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon in Chichester as well as having held Honorary Consultant positions at St George's Hospital in Tooting and Epsom General Hospital. He has been involved in developing the future of his specialty, publishing numerous research papers and having been awarded first prizes for his work at national and international meetings. His published papers focus on the outcomes of surgery, dignity, and patient experience of care. He is regularly involved in the teaching of medical students and in the training of orthopaedic surgeons of the future in his role as Honorary Clinical Lecturer at Brighton and Sussex Medical School. Professional memberships: BOFAS, BOA

Short link to review Mr Edward Dawe: http://iwgc.net/ehos3