18th February 2020

Mr Dawe is a professional gentleman. Dresses smartly, listened, advised and reassured me re my procedure, from diagnosis, procedure and aftercare. . Thank you for looking after me .

29th January 2020

Dr. Dawe was clear and concise in response to my questions regarding Halux Valgus bunion surgery for both feet. Not only was he specific about the kind of surgery he was going to engage in but also, why. He did not hesitate to repeat, with patience, any items I had not understood or overlooked. I have had one surgical intervention and am about to engate the second procedure. I have total confidence in recommending Dr. Dawe

22nd January 2020

Mr Edward Dawe is a very good a would recommend him highly.

21st January 2020

I would highly recommend Mr Dawe, I recently underwent foot surgery to fix a non healing fracture. He was very informative throughout the consultations and post surgery has got me back to playing netball!

Written by a patient at St Richard's Hospital
11th November 2019

I suffered a significant injury on my right ankle back in July 2019. I dislocated and broke my ankle and therefore I had to have surgery. Mr Dawe made me feel comfortable and relaxed and always made sure that I was informed what was going to happen in the operating theatre. Mr Dawe is trustworthy and showed great empathy when I was in hospital. After surgery and check-ups, he informed me on my progress and always asked if I had any questions that he could answer. I would highly recommend Mr Dawe as he has done an amazing job and effort of fixing my ankle :-)

Mr Dawe is a consultant orthopaedic and trauma surgeon specialising in disorders of the foot and ankle. He treats orthopaedic trauma, as well as a wide variety of foot and ankle pathologies such as bunions, lesser toe problems, arthritis, flat or high-arched feet, foot complications of diabetes and complex revision surgery of all types. Mr Dawe uses numerous techniques to help with foot and ankle problems and is often able to avoid surgery. Where surgery is needed, arthroscopic or ‘keyhole’ techniques or minimally invasive surgery can often be used to improve the experience and recovery time after surgery. Mr Dawe completed his training in South West London, during which he worked for numerous different foot and ankle surgeons in London, Sussex and Surrey. He broadened his experience with limb reconstruction and complex trauma fellowship at St George's Hospital with Alex Trompeter and, following this, a second year-long fellowship in foot and ankle surgery at the Royal Bournemouth Hospital with Heath Taylor. Mr Dawe was awarded the BOFAS visiting fellowship in 2014, travelling to the Schonklinik in Munich in order to work with Prof Markus Walther, president of the German foot and ankle society. He also travelled to Regions Trauma Centre in Minneapolis to visit the renowned trauma specialist professor Peter Cole. Mr Dawe works as a Consultant Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon in Chichester as well as having held Honorary Consultant positions at St George's Hospital in Tooting and Epsom General Hospital. He has been involved in developing the future of his specialty, publishing numerous research papers and having been awarded first prizes for his work at national and international meetings. His published papers focus on the outcomes of surgery, dignity, and patient experience of care. He is regularly involved in the teaching of medical students and in the training of orthopaedic surgeons of the future in his role as Honorary Clinical Lecturer at Brighton and Sussex Medical School. Professional memberships: BOFAS, BOA

Short link to review Mr Edward Dawe: http://iwgc.net/ehos3