Professor Edward Davis

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

8th July 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Orthopaedic Hospital

Professor Davis has operated on my hips on several occasions when he has carried out complex and difficult procedures. He is very professional but at the same time listens to his patients, their worries and concerns. Procedures are explained clearly and are discussed with the patient at a level clearly understood. Being involved with research into the design and manufacturing of artificial hip joints means that he is totally up to date with new and innovative joints available and he has a clear knowledge of what type of joint is suitable for each individual. Without his help I would have now been confined to a wheelchair.

18th May 2016
Written by a patient at Ramsay Healthcare Uk

I was given an appointment with Professor Davies to discuss a hip problem. From the outset, I was greeted with the utmost courtesy & consideration by everyone I came into contact with. The X-ray results prompted a discussion on the choices available to me and Professor Davis went to considerable and unhurried lengths to acquaint me with the benefits, risks and long term prospects of each option. No pressure was applied at any stage, only sound advice endorsed by several pertinent booklets, which I took home and read at my leisure. I left the interview feeling that I was in control and that any decision about treatment was mine to make. I subsequently opted for hip joint replacement; the after-care I received was of the same high standard - the words proficient, dedicated & caring are not misplaced here & they apply to the personnel in all departments, where a general air of efficiency & competence prevailed.

8th April 2016
Written by a patient at Ramsay Healthcare Uk

From the very first moment I met Professor Davis I knew in an instance that I could put my trust in him. He was welcoming and friendly and above all made me feel comfortable and safe. On admittance into his care at West Midlands Hospital I was made feel completely at ease,as this was my first ever time in hospital. On preparation for my complete hip replacement operation I was made to feel totally stress free by Professor Davis and his devoted team. My stay at the hospital following my surgery was very comfortable and I was visited a few times by Professor Davis himself,checking up on my progress. I will never be able to thank him enough for giving me my life back. I suffered with my hip for 11 years and at the age of 61 decided it was time to do something about it. I listened to other people and chose wisely who I was going to place my trust in and would like to thank Prof Davis and all the team,from receptionists to nurses, student nurses,ward staff,meal staff,physiotherapists,absolutely everyone that gave their time and patience in helping me back to my old life in just 8 weeks. I wouldn't hesitate recommending Professor Davis to anyone. He is amazing. Thank you John Hall,Dudley,West Midlands

2nd December 2015
Written by a carer at Ramsay Healthcare Uk

My mother had a hip replacement in 2014 done by Professor Davis and his team at West Midlands Hospital Halesowen, she made a marvelous recovery and is now able to walk again and enjoy life. Professor Davis is a very kind and caring man and he certainly knows his job we would definitely recommend him.

27th November 2015
Written by a patient at West Midlands Hospital

I had a hip replacement operation 16th December 2014. The whole experience was amazing. The Hospital and all the Staff were brilliant before the Operation during the Operation and afterwards. I was in Hospital for Three nights and was able to walk out unaided. I missed no time off work and was back doing my Gym work within three months. I saw Professor Davis 20th December 2015 for an X ray and an annual review and everything is excellent. I have a problem with my other hip but it does not require an Operation at the moment but as and when i will make every effort to go back to the West Midland Hospital and especially to see Professor Davis.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »