Mr Edmund Chaloner

Vascular surgeon with major interest in Varicose vein and Thread vein treatment. Innovator and pioneer in minimally invasive vein surgery. First surgeon in London and South of England to use the EVLT laser technique, now gold standard for treatment of varicose veins. Director of Radiance Vein Clinic in London and SE England - largest user of laser fibres in Europe. Listed in Tatler 'Top 250 Private Doctors in the UK'

7th October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital

I had some veins that need some attention on both legs. I was recommended to Mr Chaloner by another clinic. I went to see him for the initial consultation at Chelsfield Park. He is a man of few words but I still had confidence in him. He answered all my questions and concerns. Told me how the procedure worked drawing a diagram and showed/explained what was causing the problems. He also explained the reasons why I would have to have general anaesthetic. I could have elected to have each leg done separately with a local but it would have been far more expensive for me. I was self-funding. On the day of the op., the hospital staff and his team ran through what would be done again. It was obvious to them that I was very nervous and I do suffer with WCS. Mr Chaloner came to check my legs again and he was friendly but to the point, something I prefer. I went back for my post op assessment about three weeks after and everything he told me that would happen did. He also told me what would happen going forward and so far he has been spot on with the details. Overall I am very happy with I would certainly recommend him and his team again. The only downside was through the administration of the BMI people based where ever they are. The made several mistakes with my address and with my name which is not helpful.

16th December 2015
Written by a carer at The Lewisham Hospital

I attended Mr Chaloner's outpatient Clinic for his NHS Practise at University Hospital Lewisham. My friend, the patient, was due to see Mr Chaloner in relation to treatment for varicose veins of both legs. I am myself a Consultant Psychiatrist but did not make Mr Chaloner aware of this as it was not relevant to my friend's appointment. The appointment lasted just over two minutes. Mr Chaloner was wearing scrubs, and mumbled his name on entering the room. He then looked at his paperwork, commented that my friend had already seen his registrar previously, that he had varicose veins affecting both legs. He asked which was the worst and indicated that he would treat that leg first. He stated that it would be done under local anaesthetic and asked if my friend was OK with injections. He then stated "OK I'll send you a letter". My friend suffers from anxiety and was extremely anxious about this appointment. I was very unimpressed with the following: - Mr Chaloner appearing in scrubs - The lack of a decent introduction - The complete absence of any attempt to build rapport - The lack of any discussion of side effects, treatment options etc - No written information offered or provided - No opportunity given to ask questions - The pointlessness of the appt Whilst Mr Chaloner appears to undertake a lot of private work and seems to be an expert in his field, basic courtesy and politeness and an awareness of the patient's needs are clearly lacking

Short link to review Mr Edmund Chaloner: http://iwgc.net/eeaib