Mr Donald Macarthur

23rd March 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

I had surgery over 2 years ago now an still going Donald and his team are amazing time just flys by Donald performed 2 lots of surgery on my brain I trusted him with my life NHS was a amazing

25th January 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

Mr McArthur has been my Neurosurgeon for almost 6 years now. So far he has carried out 4 operations of mine and will be doing another one for me in 4 days. Of all of the doctors, nurses, consultants etc, he is one of the only people within the NHS that i completely trust 100%. He’s very very caring with his patients and goes out of his way to ensure they are comfortable and understanding everything that is going on. His communication is brilliant and more than anything where ever possible he makes time for them. I have been to QMC at last minute/unexpectedly many times, and DC McA has made the time for me wherever pissible. I would recommend him 500%.

2nd September 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

The care that I received over the past few months from Mr Macarthur and all the team at the Queens Medical Centre was nothing short of outstanding. From my very first MRI brain scan through to the post operation consultation every one of the staff were helpful, cheerful and caring. And I mean everyone from reception staff through to surgeon. Without exeption. Mr Macarthur is very caring, listens and notes everything I said and explains every aspect very clearly. Having now had my operation I feel better than I have for years. Thank you so much Mr Macarthur and all at the QMC. You are all brilliant.

22nd August 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

Dr MacArthur was the first consultant to listen to me after having 2 years of being passed around from doctor to doctor and multiple scans. After 1 scan at Nottingham, Dr pointed out that I would need an operation and was surprised I still had the feeling in my arms and legs. At the age of 12 this is a terrifying thing to be told but Dr MacArthur was the most amazing person I'd ever met putting me at ease and giving me to full trust in him. Now age 19 I am to full fitness at university, playing netball still and working part time. I wouldn't have been able to ANY of this without him.

24th February 2017
Written by a carer at Queen's Medical Centre

Amazing man. The care and treatment could not of been any better from him self and the team at Nottinghams QMC

Nearest Neurosurgeons