mr-dominic-thompson

Mr Dominic Thompson

1st September 2019

Dominic Thompson was my daughters neurosurgeon. She underwent surgery on two occasions to untether her spinal cord. Her last surgery was in 2007 and she is now 24 years old. I could never thank this man enough for what he did for us. He listened, explained, cared, made solid recommendations and performed amazing surgeries. It is now ten years since I have seen him and yet am still driven to recommend him. Me and my family are eternally grateful that he chose Neurosurgery and GOSH.

26th September 2018

Mr Thompson has operated on my son, Michael, twice in three years. First and foremost, he is an amazing neurosurgeon- but it is the fact that he breaks the ‘surgeon’ mould by being so personable that makes him extra special for me. My son has a long list of medical issues and we’ve met numerous surgeons in his little life, and Mr Thompson, without doubt, is the best. He is thorough in his clinical practice, kind and calm in his bedside manner. He listens and is empathetic and delivers information about surgeries etc with patience. I trust him implicitly and could not ask for a better surgeon for my little boy. And Michael loves him!! Thank you Mr Thompson!!

18th May 2017

Mr Thompson is a fantastic consultant words can not explain or describe how professional and truly gifted he is we owe our child's life to him a very special person indeed thank you. Mr Thompson performed a c1 fixation and decompression of of our young child's spine. He has a execellent team around him thank you again so much. I would be more than happy to speak to families that would be about to go threw what we did and to be contact threw Mr Thompsons team at gosh.

21st July 2016

The day of the operation was both stressful and emotional. The nursing staff on the Koala ward made the day bearable. The standard of care that both me and my parents received was outstanding. Thank you all. If you ever find yourself in care of Mr Thompson and his team, you've got no need to worry, you're in safe hands.

8th September 2015

I was under the care of Mr Thompson for nearly six years, during which he operated on me five times, and I can honestly say that I never questioned Mr Thompson's advice because I have always confident in the knowledge that he knew what was best for me. Mr Thompson would always explain to me, and my family, what needed doing, in terms that I could understand, while still addressing me and not treating me like a child - something that he has continued to do over the years. Another thing that is great about Mr Thompson is that he only ever gives information that he is one hundred per cent sure of, which really helped me and my parents in dealing with everything. I am now so much better and it is because of Mr Thompson and the other wonderful staff at Great Ormond Street Hospital. Thank you!

• Neurosurgery

Dominic Thompson is a Consultant Paediatric Neurosurgeon in the Department of Paediatric Neurosurgery, Great Ormond Street and Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Child Health, London. His sub-specialist interests include, the surgical management of childhood moyamoya disease, spinal tumours and congenital disorders of the paediatric spine, in particular craniocervical junction anomalies and spinal dysraphism. Dominic is a regular faculty member on numerous National and International Paediatric Neurosurgical training courses. He is an active member of the European Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery and the International Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery Dominic has authored over 100 peer reviewed articles and book chapters. He is on the editorial board of Childs Nervous System and Acta Neurochirugica.

Nearest Neurosurgeons