Mr Dominic Thompson

Dominic Thompson is a Consultant Paediatric Neurosurgeon in the Department of Paediatric Neurosurgery, Great Ormond Street and Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Institute of Child Health, London. His sub-specialist interests include, the surgical management of childhood moyamoya disease, spinal tumours and congenital disorders of the paediatric spine, in particular craniocervical junction anomalies and spinal dysraphism. Dominic is a regular faculty member on numerous National and International Paediatric Neurosurgical training courses. He is an active member of the European Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery and the International Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery Dominic has authored over 100 peer reviewed articles and book chapters. He is on the editorial board of Childs Nervous System and Acta Neurochirugica.

• Neurosurgery

18th May 2017

Mr Thompson is a fantastic consultant words can not explain or describe how professional and truly gifted he is we owe our child's life to him a very special person indeed thank you. Mr Thompson performed a c1 fixation and decompression of of our young child's spine. He has a execellent team around him thank you again so much. I would be more than happy to speak to families that would be about to go threw what we did and to be contact threw Mr Thompsons team at gosh.

21st July 2016

The day of the operation was both stressful and emotional. The nursing staff on the Koala ward made the day bearable. The standard of care that both me and my parents received was outstanding. Thank you all. If you ever find yourself in care of Mr Thompson and his team, you've got no need to worry, you're in safe hands.

8th September 2015

I was under the care of Mr Thompson for nearly six years, during which he operated on me five times, and I can honestly say that I never questioned Mr Thompson's advice because I have always confident in the knowledge that he knew what was best for me. Mr Thompson would always explain to me, and my family, what needed doing, in terms that I could understand, while still addressing me and not treating me like a child - something that he has continued to do over the years. Another thing that is great about Mr Thompson is that he only ever gives information that he is one hundred per cent sure of, which really helped me and my parents in dealing with everything. I am now so much better and it is because of Mr Thompson and the other wonderful staff at Great Ormond Street Hospital. Thank you!

30th July 2015

We visited several times over 2yrs with our daughter who has a growth disability. Dominic Thompson was reviewing her case and medical needs including reviewing the scans of her neck and back. He has assured us that there are no concerns and put aside any fears we may have had. He was also very good with our daughter and made the whole experience go as well as could be expected for something of this nature involving a childs health and numerous hospital visits. Great Ormond Street and the people who work there are still doing wonderful things. there really is no place quite like it that I know of. Thank You.

14th July 2015

Mr Dominic Thompson has always been very clear and concise when talking to us about our daughter, explaining things in a away we found easy to understand. He was very helpful in answering our many questions and made us feel as if we could contact him in the future if we had anything else to ask.

Nearest Neurosurgeons