Mr Dip Mukherjee ( Dipankar Mukhopadhyay)

Specialist Gastrointestinal and Laparoscopic surgeon. My special interest is in diseases of oesophagus and stomach. Expert in reflux, GI cancer, achalasia and gall bladder diseases. I also perform large bowel, hernia surgery, endoscopies and emergency surgery. Please see my website for my pledges to patients. Eager for your feedback to learn and further improve my care to you. I promise to listen and do my best support you and your family during difficult times of your illness to eliminate fear and anxiety. We shall work together to develop solution that are appropriate to you

18th November 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I had been referred to Mr Mukherjee after 18 months of being told I had IBS by my GP and other consultants. This September I requested my GP to investigate this further and due to having private healthcare they referred me to an IBS specialist, Dr Ashraf. He requested tests and an ultrasound, which found I had a gallstone. Dr Ashraf then referred me to Mr Mukherjee. My first meeting with Mr Mukherjee lasted about an hour; it was not rushed at all, he drew a detailed picture of what was happening to my gallbladder/gallstone, the possible outcomes if I was to leave it as it is, and the outcomes of taking the gallbladder out. He explained all of the pro’s and con’s to both sides and did not push me towards either way, instead he told me to go home and think about the information he had gave, do some research and then let him know. He made me feel so much at ease with whatever choice I took. I went ahead with the surgery, which the procedure itself went smoothly, the cuts are so small and I know with time you will barely see them. I am so happy I was referred to Mr Mukherjee, I can honestly say I am so grateful to have met him, he is the most caring, supportive and informative Dr I have ever met! I have just come back from my 3 week check up, and can’t be happier with the results, I am so glad I got this done now and didn’t wait any longer. After prolonged suffering and back and forth to hospitals (a&e) with no diagnosis, Mr Mukherjee has restored my faith in Dr’s, I only wish were like him, or that he could be my GP! Thank you for making me feel human again xx

18th October 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Dr Mukherjee was my surgeon who performed a Splenectomy. I can honestly say that he is the most kindest, considerate & caring person I have had the privilege to meet, let alone be my consultant/surgeon. He is so passionate about his work & his patients come first. Lovely, lovely clever man.

8th October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

I discovered that I had an inguinal hernia and decided to have private treatment rather than wait for ever on an NHS waiting list. I chose to use The Spire Hartswood Hospital and as my GP was unable to recommend a surgeon, I looked on the hospital's website to find one. It was really more by luck than judgement that I chose Dip Mukherjee from a list of about 20 surgeons and I now know that I fortunately made the right choice. Within 24 hours of phoning for a consultation I was seen and examined by Dip and surgery was arranged for 2 weeks later. This could have been done sooner, but I chose to have it done on a Saturday. Dip explained to me what an inguinal hernia was and what he was going to do to repair it and how my recovery would go. He was very friendly and professional and gave me the reassurance I needed at what was for me a worrying and stressful time. The day after my procedure he phoned me at home to see how I was feeling and to tell me that the operation had gone well. I would not hesitate to recommend Dip Mukherjee to anyone needing his specific surgical skills and found him to be a thoroughly nice guy and an expert in his field. Top man.

6th September 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I had an operation for a laparospic Nissaen Fundoplication in August 2016. I was under the care of Mr Dip Mukherjee. I found him to be very professional, understanding and caring. He explained everything to me before the procedure. After the operation he visited me on the ward and told me everything had gone well. I was very pleased that Mr Mukherjee had done the operation, and I know that I had received the best possible care.

6th September 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I had an operation for a laparoscopic Nissan Fundoplication in August 2016, I was under the care of Mr Dip Mukherjee. I found him to be very professional, understanding and caring. He explained everything to me in a consultation before the operation. After the operatin he visited me on the ward and told me that it had all gone well. I am happy that Mr Mukherjee did the procedure and I know that I received the best possible care.

Short link to review Mr Dip Mukherjee ( Dipankar Mukhopadhyay): http://iwgc.net/efg4d