Mr Dip Mukherjee ( Dipankar Mukhopadhyay)

Specialist Gastrointestinal and Laparoscopic surgeon. My special interest is in diseases of oesophagus and stomach. Expert in reflux, GI cancer, achalasia and gall bladder diseases. I also perform large bowel, hernia surgery, endoscopies and emergency surgery. Please see my website for my pledges to patients. Eager for your feedback to learn and further improve my care to you. I promise to listen and do my best support you and your family during difficult times of your illness to eliminate fear and anxiety. We shall work together to develop solution that are appropriate to you

16th October 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

Mr Mukherjee recently removed my gallbladder, and I can honestly say I have never felt better. The care I received from Mr Mukherjee was first class and he made me feel at ease from our first consolation. He was explained in great detail how the procedure would go and what the outcome would be. I am very grateful for his care and expertise.

16th October 2018
Response from Mr Dip Mukherjee ( Dipankar Mukhopadhyay)

Thank you.

25th July 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

My operation was completed at Queens Hospital Romford February 2016. Mr Mukerjhee had to literally step into my operation after my original surgeon, due to unforeseen circumstances, could not operate. Mr Mukerjhee, you Sir are an amazing human being! I have never forgotten your kindness to my children, who were so terrified when I was in such a vulnerable condition. You calmed them and comforted them when I could not. I have been told since that you performed the "MOTHER OF ALL OPERATIONS" to remove a highly malignant GIST tumour, that was in a precarious position. You did this in a highly complex and long operation, in which you actually managed to leave my stomach intact. Well 2.5 years on and I am fit and healthy, thanks to you, I have seen and been a part of my 2 year old granddaughter's life and that of my children and 2 grandsons and wider family. Your skill, kindness and understanding of the importance of family in such situations was nothing short of outstanding. You truly are a gifted surgeon and human being and I am forever grateful to you and that amazing TEAM at Queens. My very best wishes Eileen.

31st July 2018
Response from Mr Dip Mukherjee ( Dipankar Mukhopadhyay)

Thank you so much. Glad to hear that you are doing well and to hear about your granddaughter!

17th July 2018
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I owe my life to Mr Dip Mukherjee. Dip performed emergency surgery on me almost 10 years ago at Queens hospital. I had severe pancreatitis and he travelled from London on a Sunday evening to do the procedure. I made a miraculous recovery after his intervention and I cannot thank Mr Mukherjee enough. He is compassionate, highly skilled and honest. If you get the opportunity to have Mr Mukherjee as your consultant you are in extremely competent hands - you won't find anyone better. Mr Mukherjee, if you read this - THANK YOU. I was young when you operated on me, just 33 years old. Without your lifesaving intervention I would've left behind a husband and 3 year old daughter. Instead, you saved me and I went on to fully recover and welcomed a son 2 years after you saved me. You are a real life hero, an angel and I'm so thankful you were there at my time of need. I hope you're well and happy.

18th July 2018
Response from Mr Dip Mukherjee ( Dipankar Mukhopadhyay)

Dear Madam you owe me nothing. Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear that you have a happy and fulfilled life. Being surgeon is much easier than being a mother though. Thank you for raising two citizens of future.

3rd December 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital

WHat can I say about this herculean man other than he is so good I let him operate on me twice. The first time I would say he literally changed my life, he turned what was a meagre exsistence into a thriving life. Living without vomiting every morning and being conservative with what I ate to the point where sometimes I wouldn’t eat, literally made me a better person physically and mentally! The second opp I didn’t even know I needed! But he dealt with it with such efficienency and skill that I am so grateful to have known this man. Not only is he a fantastic surgeon but his people skills are second to none. Someone asked me to describe him once and I could only think of two anaglogies; “he is the ulitimate force of happiness.” And, “he’s like the Brian Blessed of surgeons, you know every consultation and meeting with him is going to leave you beaming.” He will raise your self esteem and confidence to levels you never knew were possible. In reality I hope I never have to see him again, but part of me wants to need some other surgery just so I can have him be part of my life again. TLDR: an outstanding human being and fantastically skilled surgeon.

9th November 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I was referred to Mr Mukherjee by Mr D Gertner, for what turned out to be a revision procedure for a Hiatus Hernia repair, the original procedure having been carried out by another surgeon more than 12 years ago (2005). Mr Mukherjee carried out the repair procedure on 21 Oct 2017, and I cannot praise this gentleman highly enough. From the first consultation, through to the follow up appointment, Mr Mukherjee could not have been more kind, understanding and completely empathic to my situation. He explained every aspect of the proposed treatment, talked me through the actual procedure thoroughly, complete with drawings (which made things easier to understand from a patient perspective) and allowed me time to consider the options open to me and answered every question I had honestly and completely. I felt totally confident with Mr Mukherjee's ability and my confidence was rewarded with a completely successful surgery. Mr Mukherjee explained to me that the procedure itself turned out to be somewhat more complicated than first anticipated, given my hernia turned out to be 'incarcerated' and that I presented "quite a challenge" - one that Mr Mukherjee was more than capable of achieving, I'm very happy to say ! I cannot thank Mr Mukherjee enough for the care given to me, he is an absolute hero in my book. My life following this procedure is immeasurably better and I am finally about to sleep horizontally, rather than sitting upright, which I have been doing for more than 3 years ! Thank you, Mr Mukherjee, so so much for everything. (Kay Dansey - 09 Nov 2017)

Short link to review Mr Dip Mukherjee ( Dipankar Mukhopadhyay): http://iwgc.net/efg4d