Mr Dibyesh Banerjee

I am a Consultant Breast Surgeon based at St George's Hospital, London since 2004 - specialising in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery. I see patients with any breast related complaints in several One Stop Breast clinics in my NHS as well as Private Practice in Wimbledon & Surrey. I specialise in the management of Breast Cancer, keeping the best cosmetic outcome in focus, whilst removing the tumour. I perform immediate or delayed breast reconstruction, including single stage direct to implant pre-pectoral reconstruction. I regularly review and audit my practice and present my results at national and international meetings & conferences. I work alongside London's leading plastic surgeons to offer my patients the full range of reconstructive options such as DIEP (tummy) or TMG (inner thigh) tissue flaps. I also perform several "cosmetic" breast procedures incl, Breast Augmentation, Breast Reduction & Breast Lift, and correction of asymmetrical or uneven breasts, I often see men with breast issues esp., for male breast reduction (gynaecomastia surgery) or for non surgical treatment.

Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital
20th May 2019

I cannot speak highly enough of Mr Banerjee. He is the perfect mix of total professionalism whilst being empathetic at this very difficult time. My breast cancer diagnosis was very sudden but he was always available for advice and to help me make any decision no matter how difficult. He always listened to me and made a very overwhelming situation bearable. I was dreading looking at my right breast after the reconstruction surgery but was really delighted with the result. In fact it has put my left one to shame! Anyone that has Mr Banerjee as a surgeon is very lucky.

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital
6th May 2019

Mr Banerjee performed my single mastectomy and reconstruction with contralateral augmentation a year ago. When he recently asked me how happy I was with the outcome out of 10, my immediate answer was 10 - but on reflection it's really 11 out of 10 because I'm not only cancer-free but actually happier with my shape than before. The scars are virtually invisible and I can wear a bikini with complete confidence. Mr Banerjee is extremely vigilant about post-operative complications and for this reason I had no issues - but just as important as his expertise and professionalism, he listened and understood my wishes and concerns throughout the process. I feel fortunate to have been under his care.

9th May 2019
Response from Mr Dibyesh Banerjee

Many thanks to all my patients for writing such kind words. Such positive feedback spurs us on to continue to learn and to serve. I am ever so grateful for your trust in my ability to look after you. D Banerjee

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital
8th March 2019

I was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, following a routine mammogram. From the moment of diagnosis, to being given the 'all clear' a couple of days ago, my treatment has been excellent at every level. All the staff at NHS hospital, St George's, in south London, treated me with great respect, kept me fully informed and kept within all their time targets. Mr Banerjee, my consultant , exuded competence and confidence. He was very reassuring and allayed all my fears. As a result, I felt much calmer and less anxious about surgery & recovery. He and his staff also took notice that I was particularly concerned that my situation was going to become an obstacle for my daughter's forthcoming wedding. They did not need to factor this into the schedule of treatment but they have, and are currently trying to arrange my radiotherapy for it to be completed before the wedding. I was lucky, as my cancer was picked up early enough for it not to be a major problem. I cannot thank the NHS staff and Mr Banerjee enough!!

Short link to review Mr Dibyesh Banerjee: http://iwgc.net/ee9pt