Mr Denzil May

Denzil May is a consultant general and colorectal surgeon at the Duchy Hospital, Truro, Cornwall, and at the Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust.

7th November 2017
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

Mr May has transformed my life by a highly successful laparoscopic inguinal hernia surgery . I feel so much better and more comfortable now and everything he said would happen did happen. He is the type of person you could put complete trust in , and you sensed that in the very first minute you met him. He portrayed this air of confidence and you could immediately tell he really knew what he was talking about. I was truly enlightened by the intelligence he gave on the subject and knew he would do a good job from the outset. In military terms I would put him up for promotion immediately as his professionalism is second to none. I completely understood what was going to happen, gave very sound advice after the options given to me and came to a decision quickly. The day of the operation he comes to see you before hand and its water off a ducks back for him and subsequently felt so comfortable. After the operation he gave me a full picture and told me to get in touch directly if there were any questions or concerns. I feel I was privileged to have met him and I know he will give me great care and attention again if ever needed and good to know he graces the shores of cornwall for everyone living here will benefit greatly from him.

31st October 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Cornwall Hospital

I felt confident and completely at ease , from initial diagnosis through to both colon operations . Post operation consultations were thoroughly explained in a kind considerate manner and I felt I could not have been dealt with in a more professional way.

29th October 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Cornwall Hospital

Excellent surgeon. Talks patients through the process and gives understandable feedback afterwards. Good manner and relationship with patients.

18th October 2017
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

I feel I was privileged to have the services of Dr May, who performed in a thorough and professional efficient way

4th October 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Cornwall Hospital

My May removed a deep intramuscular lipoma from my back. I am an NHS Consultant Surgeon myself and I specifically asked for him to do the operation. I was not disappointed. He is a very skillful and able surgeon and I have had a great result and great service. Thank you and keep up the great work.

Short link to review Mr Denzil May: http://iwgc.net/egkjz