mr-dennis-kosuge

31st May 2020

Mr Kosuge is very patient, speaks slowly and clearly. He explained everything and answered my questions. At 92 years old and having a new knee, I felt confident with Mr Kosuge. From arriving st the hospital until leaving with my new knee, everything went well and all the staff were efficient and caring.

23rd May 2020

I found Mr Kosuge very easy to talk to and he listened to what I had to say. He thoroughly explained all aspects of my hip replacement and answered all of my questions very clearly. He gave me great confidence in what he was going to do and I felt that I was in extremely safe hands. He has been very interested in my progress since the operation and even with all that has been going on with the covid-19 virus, he took the time and trouble to phone me to see how I was getting on as he couldn't see me for my 1 year check up.

22nd May 2020

Before my appointment with Mr Kosuge I was unable to participate in my sporting hobby (bowling) for the first time in years due to pain and discomfort. After meeting with Mr Kosuge I had every confidence in my forthcoming operation. His explanation and his wonderful manner eased any fears I had. In hospital I was so relaxed and again he explained to me every step of the operation. His team and the hospital staff including physio were great and my recovery went very well. I wish to thank Mr Kosuge and all involved for th wondrful care and attention I received and have already recommended him to a fellow bowler.

13th May 2020

I find Mr Kosuge asks the right questions and listens and takes on board the answers.I have the utmost confidence in him.

Written by a patient at Rivers Hospital
31st March 2020

Dennis has a great meaningful smile. He gave me this just before my op and his smile was the first thing I saw, with a welcome back after the op. This gave me great confidence. He listened to my hip problems and how I was progressing after the operation. He made everything clear and answered any questions helpfully throughout the procedure. I will certainly ask for again if I have future hip or knee problems. Thank you

Mr Dennis Kosuge was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Kosuge developed his passion for Trauma & Orthopaedics as a junior doctor and pursued this by enrolling onto the North-East Thames Percival Pott Orthopaedic Training Programme. His training took him to prestigious centres including The Royal London Hospital, The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital and Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital. He was inspired by a number of his excellent trainers to focus on the subspecialty of hip and knee joint replacements. Following completion of specialist training in the United Kingdom, he enrolled onto and successfully completed a one-year fellowship at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in Australia under the auspices of Professor Donald Howie. This fellowship allowed Mr Kosuge to refine his skills in hip and knee joint replacements, as well as revision hip replacements. During his orthopaedic training, he was the recipient of the British Orthopaedic Association (BOA) Zimmer Adult Reconstruction Hips and Knees Fellowship in 2014, the AOTrauma Fellowship in 2013 and the Tohoku University Orthopaedic Visiting Fellowship in 2010 – and utilised his time visiting, learning and exchanging ideas with centres of excellence in Japan.

Short link to review Mr Dennis Kosuge: http://iwgc.net/egmlg