Mr Dennis Kosuge

Mr Kosuge developed his passion for Trauma & Orthopaedics as a junior doctor and pursued this by enrolling onto the North-East Thames Percival Pott Orthopaedic Training Programme. His training took him to prestigious centres including The Royal London Hospital, The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital and Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital. He was inspired by a number of his excellent trainers to focus on the subspecialty of hip and knee joint replacements. Following completion of specialist training in the United Kingdom, he enrolled onto and successfully completed a one-year fellowship at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in Australia under the auspices of Professor Donald Howie. This fellowship allowed Mr Kosuge to refine his skills in hip and knee joint replacements, as well as revision hip replacements. During his orthopaedic training, he was the recipient of the British Orthopaedic Association (BOA) Zimmer Adult Reconstruction Hips and Knees Fellowship in 2014, the AOTrauma Fellowship in 2013 and the Tohoku University Orthopaedic Visiting Fellowship in 2010 – and utilised his time visiting, learning and exchanging ideas with centres of excellence in Japan.

14th November 2019

I was very concerned about dermatitis over scar area. I was reassured there was no infection so appointment very constructive.

13th November 2019

I would recommend this Doctor he was kind, caring and gave him clear instructions on how to care for myself following my procedure.

11th November 2019

Just three months after having had a very successful right hip replacement done by Dennis Kosuge I began experiencing the same problems with my right hip on having a review with Dennis he confirmed my left hip now needed a replacement. This was done in September at the Rivers were I received the same excellent treatment from all the staff, I was able to go home the next day just using one crutch and walking unaided after a week and not on any pain killers. Thank you Dennis for another excellent operation. I aim to be walking up the fells in the Lake District come February Beryl Compton

Written by a patient at Princess Alexandra Hospital
9th November 2019

I was very happy to be under Mr Dennis Kosuge as he made me feel very comfortable and was easy to talk to. Before I had the operation I had aches and pains in my hip, could not walk very far and would have to stop and rest due to the pain. Since the operation I have been able to walk okay without any pain or any aches right up until now 18 months on. Two weeks after I have had the last check up, I have had some pains in the hip region and slightly go round to my back. In the last week or so they seem to have eased so it may just be a muscle spasm.

8th November 2019

Mr Kosuge was very honest about the possible outcomes. I went into the operation with an informed and open mind. I am now delighted. No painkillers needed after 4 weeks! New knee so much better than the old! I have always been active, but no great athlete! Within 7 weeks I was out cycling and back to dance classes! He did an amazing job!

Short link to review Mr Dennis Kosuge: http://iwgc.net/egmlg