Mr Dennis Edwards

Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
21st January 2020

I first met Mr. Edward's when I moved to Cambridge in 2005. I originally tore my right ACL playing competitive football in 1997, & I had an Arthroscopy & the first of 3 full reconstructions in Colchester before moving. Mr. Edward's has a very knowledgeable, calming manner, & through the years (& subsequent 23/4 surgeries by him) he has never once given up on me, he has always fully explained my options & what he felt was best at that particular time. I have always felt like I was in extremely safe hands at every surgery, & in the past I have been able to directly email him if my symptoms changed to ask if I needed to be re referred to him or if it was something my local GP Surgery could deal with. He always has a very warm, friendly manner, & I honestly cannot recommend Mr. Edward's highly enough. I literally trust him with my life! My knee will never be perfect, it will always hurt, click & pop, I've developed secondary Arthritis/beginnings of Osteoarthritis as a result of so many surgeries/trauma, but I know if I ever need to go back to Clinic 1 at Addenbrooke's he will do whatever he can to make sure that I can have a reasonable quality of life & fulfill my duties as a full time Mum!

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery