mr-david-oliver-frcs-plast

Mr David Oliver FRCS (Plast)

Written by a private patient at Mount Stuart Hospital
8th March 2021

I got on really well with Mr Oliver. He listened carefully to what I needed and was very approachable. I had breast augmentation 27 years ago and the implants needed replacing. I was extremely pleased with the results and liked the look and feel of the implants even better than the originals. Everything and everyone was very professional and looked after me very well. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Oliver and Mount Stuart hospital.

Written by a patient at Mount Stuart Hospital
18th December 2020

My j My journey started in early September 2020 when I realised that my 26 year old breast implants were very much in need of replacement. I had very severe capsular contraction and wearing swimwear had become an embarrassment. I spent quite a while researching surgeons in the South West before finding David Oliver. I used the handy online contact form to request more information and was very pleasantly surprised to receive a reply from Mr Oliver's efficient secretary the very next day giving me dates of availability for a consultation. My consultation and first meeting with Mr Oliver was very informative. Mr Oliver has a very professional yet friendly and approachable manner and made me feel comfortable and relaxed very quickly. I was able to ask all the questions I needed to and came out of the consultation eager to go ahead as soon as possible. Early November I was admitted to The Mount Stuart Hospital the evening before my procedure. On the day of my procedure, Mr Oliver came to see me and reassure me all was well. He even managed to make me laugh despite my nerves. After my op I woke up back in my room, with absolutely no recollection of the previous couple of hours. In fact, I was a little unsure my procedure had gone ahead as I was in so little pain. My 'at home' recovery was pretty much pain free. I had only one small concern which I contacted Mr Oliver about and he promptly and kindly reassured me all was progressing well. It is now mid December, 5 weeks post op and my breasts look full and natural looking. I have just had my final follow up with Mr Oliver and everything is fine. I couldn't recommend Mr Oliver enough from consultation and establishing exactly what I wanted to his skilled work and patience. The results far exceed my expectations. Thankyou, Mr Oliver, you have made such a big difference to my life.

26th December 2020
Response from Mr David Oliver FRCS (Plast)

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad you had such a positive experience and are so pleased with the results of surgery. Whilst there is no definitive length of time that an implant will last, 26 years is quite a long time and if there are any concerns with the breast aesthetics then it is worth considering replacement with such an old implant. Of course implants that were made 25- 30 years ago are likely to be less well made than a more modern implant. All implant manufacturers will improve their products over the years as new techniques in manufacturing evolve with the goal of perhaps an even longer lifespan for modern implants.

• Plastic surgery

Plastic Reconstructive & Cosmetic Surgery Specialist in breast reconstruction and cosmetic breast surgery Full member BAAPS Full member BABRAS NHS Consultant Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Trust Private Clinics at Exeter Medical and Mount Stuart Hospital

Nearest Plastic surgeons