Mr Darren Lewis

Mr Darren Lewis is a fully accredited NHS Consultant Plastic Surgeon and is listed on the General Medical Council’s specialist register for plastic surgery. He is widely experienced in all aspects of general plastic surgery procedures, especially in breast surgery, reconstructive surgery, burn care, general skin surgery including skin cancers, and body contouring after massive weight loss. He is a core member of the specialist skin cancer multidisciplinary team (SSMDT) at New Cross Hospital in Wolverhampton. In his private practice, Mr Lewis covers the region of the West Midlands especially, Wolverhampton, Solihull and Birmingham where he specialises in body contouring surgery, cosmetic breast surgery, skin lesion removal(including skin cancers) and scar revision. Mr Lewis began his surgical career in Stoke-on-Trent before moving to Newcastle upon Tyne to complete his Higher Surgical Training in Plastic Surgery, obtaining the FRCS fellowship qualification in surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh. During his time at Newcastle, Mr Lewis developed a sub-specialist interest in Burn Care and began his research into ways of improving outcomes for burns victims. This culminated in a post-graduate Fellowship at the prestigious Western Australia Burns Service. His current research interests include tissue engineering, cell culture technology and looking at ways of improving scarring outcomes. Mr Lewis is a full member of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) and the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS). He is current chairman of the British Burn Association (BBA).

2nd January 2019
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

Dr Lewis was recommended to me by a friend after having the same surgery by him. From my first consultation I felt I had made the right decision chosing Dr Lewis and booked my procedure. He listened to what I wanted and answered every question that I asked which made me feel confident and at ease. Dr Lewis was friendly and professional and put me in the right direction to get the best results that I was hoping for. I am more than happy with my results and can not thank Dr Lewis enough.

10th October 2018
Written by a patient at The Wolverhampton Nuffield Hospital

He listened to my concerns about my ears and explained fully what to expect as the final result, he didn’t disappoint they look so much better and I feel so much more confident with my appearance and myself, during surgery I felt so safe and happy in his capable hands, would highly recommend him and if I need anything else undertaking I would not hesitate in going to have surgery with him again

Short link to review Mr Darren Lewis: http://iwgc.net/efg8u