Mr Darren Chester

Mr Chester is a consultant plastic surgeon. He qualified from the University of Birmingham Medical School in 1995 with Honours in Pharmacology. He was trained in plastic surgery in the West Midlands. He is on the GMC specialist register for plastic surgery and was awarded the prestigious McGregor medal for achieving the highest mark in the FRCS(Plast.) examination. He has worked in the field of plastic surgery for the last 15 years and was appointed a consultant at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (formerly Selly Oak Hospital) in 2007. He also provides the plastic surgery service for Worcestershire (Kidderminster Hospital and Worcestershire Royal Hospital). He prides himself on his communication skills and involves patients fully in decision-making so that a tailored treatment plan is made. He has recently ran a communication skills course for plastic surgery doctors. He has a number of specialist interests including: cosmetic breast surgery (enlargement, reduction, uplift, correction of asymmetry), tummy tuck surgery, liposuction, eyelid bag correction, scar revision, pinnaplasty (ear pinning), removal of skin lesions including skin cancers, hand surgery, amputation stump revision. Mr Chester also performs major limb reconstruction.

Written by a patient at Worcestershire Royal Hospital
3rd January 2020

Mr Chester is kind and considerate. From the first consultation I had with him I felt at ease. He talked me through all my options and listened to my wishes about the operation I needed to have on my foot. Mr Chester and his team were very caring and thoughtful and looked after me very well before, during and after my operation. I could not have asked for a better surgeon and team. Mrs Christine Hemming

Written by a patient at Spire South Bank Hospital
20th December 2019

I am very pleased I chose Mr Chester for my recent surgery. I decided to have breast implant removal after they had been in for 8 years for a number of reasons. My first consultation with him was very reassuring and I was given some options to consider. He explained everything very well both positives and possible problems that may happen. He is clear and calm in his manner. I felt very well looked after throughout my pre and post op period. I opted for the removal and mastopexy and I am very pleased with the results. The after care was excellent and he was contactable for queries via e mail so at no point did I feel unsupported. He offered me 3 follow up appointments to check that all was healing well. I would highly recommend mr Chester as a surgeon, thank you.

Written by a patient at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital
9th December 2019

I recently had the pleasure of being treated by Mr Chester for a BCC incision and skin graft. He is an excellent communicator and explained exactly what was needed for my condition. The operation was a total success and the follow up appointments were all very effective. I am extremely pleased with how Mr Chester treated me and would recommend him without hesitation.

Written by a patient at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital
9th December 2019

I had a minor procedure with Mr Chester. It’s the second facial lesion I have had removed by Mr Chester. He is both highly professional and extremely skilled in his job. Mr Chester completely reassured me and explained everything very clearly. He is a true gentleman. I would highly recommend him.

Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth Hospital
5th December 2019

Highly skilled very professional Surgeon also a lovely gentleman ,very approachable and friendly ,my surgery was explained in great detail ,its the first time i have really felt confident and happy with a surgeon, my reconstruction amputation surgery has healed perfectly with a really neat scar ,thanks to Mr Chester i can look forward to a great future and a better quality of life

Nearest Plastic surgeons