mr-darren-chester

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a private patient at Spire Parkway Hospital
26th November 2021

I went to see Mr Chester about loose skin from pregnancy and two terrible scars, appendix and hysterectomy. From the first consultation to the final consultation Mr Chester was charming, professional, totally honest and kind. After surgery he was available 24/7. I had a full ‘tummy tuck’ and now at nearly 60 I feel more confident about my body than when I was in my 20’s & 30’s. If you are apprehensive about your surgery, don’t be . Go for it with him - You’ll feel fabulous afterwards. Thanks to Mr Darren Chester I feel like a new woman and much more confident.

Written by a private patient at Spire Parkway Hospital
17th November 2021

Before choosing Mr Chester I actually saw 3 other surgeons. As soon as I had my initial consultation I knew he was the right choice for me. I had an abdominoplasty performed after a large weight loss. The care was phenomenal. I felt completely at ease, my concerns and ideas were listened to. I was given options and advise. Mr Chester researched my medical condition to see if that would have any impact on my procedure. All of my many emails were answered in a thorough and timely manner. Nothing was too much trouble. The surgery went smoothly and the care before, during and after exceeded my expectations. As did the surgery itself. I couldn't be more pleased with the result. The whole experience has been positive and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mr Chester.

10th November 2021

Excellent care from start to finish.

14th October 2021

Dr Chester made me feel comfortable from the moment that I visited for my initial consultation. I originally wanted a lower Blepharoplasty but he suggested that it would be prudent to have the upper lids done as well and he was totally correct. In fact I would have been very disappointed if I hadn't, as this has made the most difference. He did not put any pressure on me to undertake the surgery and suggested that we wait until the covid situation had improved somewhat. The surgery went without a hitch and I felt very confident in Dr Chester as he explained everything comprehensively and in a very calm and reassuring manner. The after care has been better than expected as I was under the impression that I would have one consultation and that would be it but I have had 3 post operative consultations. This I feel is over and above and demonstrates what a professional and vigilant doctor he is. I am delighted with the results and feel years younger and so I would recommend this procedure to anyone but only if it's Dr Chester who is carrying it out. Thanks so much.

13th October 2021

I had gynecomastia surgery and loose skin removal around my chest area from excessive weight loss. The insecurity of the loose skin left after weight loss is as bad if not worse than when i was severely obese. He listened to exactly what i wanted and did exactly what i was after. Mr Chester's care and mannerisms are flawless. Very attentive and caring. Can whole heartedly recommend.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Mr Darren Chester was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Chester is a consultant plastic surgeon. He qualified from the University of Birmingham Medical School in 1995 with Honours in Pharmacology. He was trained in plastic surgery in the West Midlands. He is on the GMC specialist register for plastic surgery and was awarded the prestigious McGregor medal for achieving the highest mark in the FRCS(Plast.) examination. He has worked in the field of plastic surgery for the last 15 years and was appointed a consultant at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (formerly Selly Oak Hospital) in 2007. He also provides the plastic surgery service for Worcestershire (Kidderminster Hospital and Worcestershire Royal Hospital). He prides himself on his communication skills and involves patients fully in decision-making so that a tailored treatment plan is made. He has recently ran a communication skills course for plastic surgery doctors. He has a number of specialist interests including: cosmetic breast surgery (enlargement, reduction, uplift, correction of asymmetry), tummy tuck surgery, liposuction, eyelid bag correction, scar revision, pinnaplasty (ear pinning), removal of skin lesions including skin cancers, hand surgery, amputation stump revision. Mr Chester also performs major limb reconstruction.

Nearest Plastic surgeons