Mr Darren Chester

Mr Chester is a consultant plastic surgeon. He qualified from the University of Birmingham Medical School in 1995 with Honours in Pharmacology. He was trained in plastic surgery in the West Midlands. He is on the GMC specialist register for plastic surgery and was awarded the prestigious McGregor medal for achieving the highest mark in the FRCS(Plast.) examination. He has worked in the field of plastic surgery for the last 15 years and was appointed a consultant at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (formerly Selly Oak Hospital) in 2007. He also provides the plastic surgery service for Worcestershire (Kidderminster Hospital and Worcestershire Royal Hospital). He prides himself on his communication skills and involves patients fully in decision-making so that a tailored treatment plan is made. He has recently ran a communication skills course for plastic surgery doctors. He has a number of specialist interests including: cosmetic breast surgery (enlargement, reduction, uplift, correction of asymmetry), tummy tuck surgery, liposuction, eyelid bag correction, scar revision, pinnaplasty (ear pinning), removal of skin lesions including skin cancers, hand surgery, amputation stump revision. Mr Chester also performs major limb reconstruction.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a carer at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital
18th November 2019

Mr Chester explained carefully and reassured my mom who was very worried about the procedure. He was very keen to ensure that she felt comfortable and informed about her operation. His follow up care was thorough and at all times treated my mom with kindness. We would absolutely recommend Mr Chester to any patient considering plastic surgery (my mom, who is 80 years old, had medical, rather than cosmetic surgery)

Written by a patient at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital
18th November 2019

The time and care given by Mr Chester was amazing. From the first free mini consultation to follow up appointments, I always felt like my needs and health were the most important thing and nothing would compromise that. I trusted Mr Chester’s opinion and it has paid off. The results of my tummy tuck are amazing, I can finally enjoy the results of my weight loss with the help of Mr Chester. Prior to my operation i had lost over 5 stone but was left with hanging skin. The hospital staff were great and helped me with my recovery, it was also reassuring to hear how highly the hospital staff spoke of Mr Chester.

Written by a patient at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital
14th November 2019

At the age of 55 I finally decided to look into a breast reduction. After much research I decided to have a consultation with Mr Chester. I cannot stress enough how at ease he made me feel. He was extremely thorough in the initial consultation covering all areas of the procedure and ensuring I was totally aware of all the possible, if unlikely, things that could go wrong. I decided to go ahead with the procedure and am delighted with the results. I have gone from a 34G to a 34C. The after care has been 100%. I have had regular check ups to ensure breasts and scars are healing as expected. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Chester to anyone thinking of breast reduction.

Written by a patient at Spire South Bank Hospital
8th November 2019

Extremely professional

Written by a patient at Worcestershire Royal Hospital
8th November 2019

I came to see Mr Chester due to struggling to live with self harm scars from years before, it was effecting my confidence and ability to move on, Mr Chester did 2 separate minor surgeries to remove the scars making them less visible. During both my operations Mr Chester kept me calm and comfortable, and I couldn’t of asked for a better surgeon. Mr Chester has turned my life around and given me the confidence I had lost for so many years. I will forever be grateful for what he did for me and he deserves every bit of recognition for the amazing work he does.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »