mr-darren-chester

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Written by a patient at Worcestershire Royal Hospital
3rd June 2020

Dr Chester is amazing! After having a lump removed from under my finger nail and fearing the worst (thankfully it wasn’t!). He was extremely calm, compassionate and understanding. He completely put me at ease throughout the operation. He had to remove part of my nail and nail bed but did the operation with such care and attention that there isn’t a mark or scar and the nail is fully flushed to my finger again. You can’t see that anything has happened to it. I can’t thank Dr Chester enough for everything he did throughout the whole process. Can’t recommend him enough.

Written by a patient at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital
4th March 2020

Excellent Consultant and Surgeon. I saw Mr Chester at Droitwich late 2019 with an issue concerning my wrist. Mr Chester performed surgery and I am happy to say you can barely see the scare. I am very happy with the service that he provided and would have no hesitation in using his services again or recommending him to others.

Written by a patient at Kidderminster Hospital
27th February 2020

As an NHS patient and having to wait well over my allotted appointment times, Darren Chester was attentive and sympathetic. His dedicated professionalism provided complete confidence for the medical procedure I required. After care again, was attentive and thorough leaving me in no doubt that my treatment was successful.

Written by a patient at Spire Parkway Hospital
5th February 2020

I went to see Mr Chester about an abdominoplasty I would recommend Mr Chester for surgery his bedside manner is outstanding he listens to everything you have to say very pleasant and polite very easy to talk to, Mr Chester is the type of doctor that will do surgery for you but only if it’s necessary I am going into my six month recovery so happy and pleased with my results the scarring is minimal I had a few concerns on my last checkup but Mr Chester put my mind at ease. During my recovery mr Chester gave me his personal mobile so that if there was any concerns or issues ,problems I could get in contact with him. He also spent time talking to my husband and explaining the operation, I was about to undertake and put his mind at rest. If at any time I decided to have any other surgery I definitely would go back to Mr Chester.

Written by a patient at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital
27th January 2020

I have no adverse criticism at all. The procedure was carried out trouble free and aftercare was also realistic and carried out professionally by team members. Mr Chester was reassuring and had a friendly manner. As a retired medical professional I was happy to put my problem in his hands and have come away thoroughly satisfied with the care from start to finish. I would recommend him to others if asked. Thank you.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr Darren Chester was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Chester is a consultant plastic surgeon. He qualified from the University of Birmingham Medical School in 1995 with Honours in Pharmacology. He was trained in plastic surgery in the West Midlands. He is on the GMC specialist register for plastic surgery and was awarded the prestigious McGregor medal for achieving the highest mark in the FRCS(Plast.) examination. He has worked in the field of plastic surgery for the last 15 years and was appointed a consultant at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (formerly Selly Oak Hospital) in 2007. He also provides the plastic surgery service for Worcestershire (Kidderminster Hospital and Worcestershire Royal Hospital). He prides himself on his communication skills and involves patients fully in decision-making so that a tailored treatment plan is made. He has recently ran a communication skills course for plastic surgery doctors. He has a number of specialist interests including: cosmetic breast surgery (enlargement, reduction, uplift, correction of asymmetry), tummy tuck surgery, liposuction, eyelid bag correction, scar revision, pinnaplasty (ear pinning), removal of skin lesions including skin cancers, hand surgery, amputation stump revision. Mr Chester also performs major limb reconstruction.

Nearest Plastic surgeons