mr-darren-chester

« 1 2 3 4 »

22nd March 2021

I have written and rewritten this review several times and non of them do my experience justice. I waited 20 years to find the right Consultant and Surgeon. Mr. Chester is amongst the elite is his profession. Every step of my journey from preliminary phone enquiry to aftercare outpatient appointments were first class. Sadly, having now discussed my surgery with friends Ive learnt how may have had Breast Augmentation in the past with other surgeons and clinics and the mishaps and damage that has been caused in the presence of an over enthusiastic surgeon. Mr. Chester, is professional, knowledgable and realistic. Refreshingly, Mr. Chester is clearly not in this industry purely for financial gain. It was apparent throughout my experience he has a commitment to helping people and more importantly doing this whilst offering excellent care, sharing knowledge and allowing his patients to be heard and reassured. My stay in Droitwich BMI hospital was comfortable and quiet in a newly refurbished room. All appointments were on time and they were vigilant and reassuring throughout the pandemic. My breast augmentation has increased my bra size by two cup sizes and I am absolutely thrilled with the results. My scars are tiny and to quote Mr. Chester I 'sailed through' the procedure. Personally, I don't think this was luck; this was due to choosing an excellent surgeon, listening to his advice, before during and after the operation and taking all his advice on board when choosing my implant size and positioning. My one regret?! I didnt do it sooner. I would recommend him with absolutely no hesitation.

24th February 2021

I had my breast augmentation just short of a year ago.. As a young woman trying to choose a surgeon for such a life changing surgery can seem somewhat daunting - but I am absolutely certain that I made a fantastic choice with Darren Chester. He had multiple consultations with myself, talking me through the process and explaining every aspect in great detail so that I was extremely well educated on my decision of surgery. I was always made to feel comfortable and Darren listened very carefully to my wants and needs whilst advising me accordingly on implant shapes and sizes in order to help me make the best choice for me and my body type. I decided on 300cc round implants as I wanted something nice but also natural; the results were better than I could have ever imagined due to the skill and efforts of Mr. Chester. This has finally given me the confidence to wear what I like and partake in activities with friends such as swimming and holidays abroad; something I could have never imagined doing! The aftercare and overall service I received was absolutely wonderful. Any questions I had were always answered to the fullest extent. Mr. Chester was always very quick at responding to me and made the whole process smooth and simple, I felt reassured at every stage. I cannot recommend Darren enough.

Written by a private patient at Spire Parkway Hospital
21st February 2021

Mr Chester is an outstanding surgeon and his bedside manner is exceptional. The surgery went very smoothly and I was informed throughout by the care staff. Mr Chester is a true Professional and I would have no problem with having any surgery by him in the future. Scarring is minimal and outcome unbelievable. 'Thank you for giving me my Life back'

17th February 2021

Mr Chester removed a Basil Cell Carcinoma from my son's back. My son is Autistic and has communication difficulties. Mr Chester and the nurses treated my son with dignity and respect. They explained the procedure carefully and made sure that he was comfortable whilst the procedure took place, chatting to him throughout. When the dressing was removed a little over a week later I was amazed to see how beautifully neat the scar was. I was expecting it to be so much larger. Mr Chester telephoned me with the histology results yesterday and gave me advice on how to minimise any scaring with the application of moisturiser. He also gave me some good advice about protecting his skin from any future BCC's and what to look for. I would definitely recommend Mr Chester to anyone who required the removal of anything similar or for plastic surgery in general.

Written by a private patient at Spire Parkway Hospital
15th February 2021

I cannot recommend Mr Chester highly enough. I received excellent care for removal of a cyst in my hairline on my forehead which had grown and was becoming uncomfortable. The scar is barely visible and I have had no issues or concerns since. I feel Mr Chester is very knowledgeable in his field. Helpful advice and possible risks were highlighted throughout the process. Emma, Mr Chester’s secretary is very friendly and responsive. Both were a pleasure to deal with and I would not hesitate to contact them again if I were to need any other cosmetic procedure in the future. Thank you so very much, Emma

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Darren Chester was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Chester is a consultant plastic surgeon. He qualified from the University of Birmingham Medical School in 1995 with Honours in Pharmacology. He was trained in plastic surgery in the West Midlands. He is on the GMC specialist register for plastic surgery and was awarded the prestigious McGregor medal for achieving the highest mark in the FRCS(Plast.) examination. He has worked in the field of plastic surgery for the last 15 years and was appointed a consultant at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (formerly Selly Oak Hospital) in 2007. He also provides the plastic surgery service for Worcestershire (Kidderminster Hospital and Worcestershire Royal Hospital). He prides himself on his communication skills and involves patients fully in decision-making so that a tailored treatment plan is made. He has recently ran a communication skills course for plastic surgery doctors. He has a number of specialist interests including: cosmetic breast surgery (enlargement, reduction, uplift, correction of asymmetry), tummy tuck surgery, liposuction, eyelid bag correction, scar revision, pinnaplasty (ear pinning), removal of skin lesions including skin cancers, hand surgery, amputation stump revision. Mr Chester also performs major limb reconstruction.

Nearest Plastic surgeons