Mr Darren Chester

Mr Chester is a consultant plastic surgeon. He qualified from the University of Birmingham Medical School in 1995 with Honours in Pharmacology. He was trained in plastic surgery in the West Midlands. He is on the GMC specialist register for plastic surgery and was awarded the prestigious McGregor medal for achieving the highest mark in the FRCS(Plast.) examination. He has worked in the field of plastic surgery for the last 15 years and was appointed a consultant at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (formerly Selly Oak Hospital) in 2007. He also provides the plastic surgery service for Worcestershire (Kidderminster Hospital and Worcestershire Royal Hospital). He prides himself on his communication skills and involves patients fully in decision-making so that a tailored treatment plan is made. He has recently ran a communication skills course for plastic surgery doctors. He has a number of specialist interests including: cosmetic breast surgery (enlargement, reduction, uplift, correction of asymmetry), tummy tuck surgery, liposuction, eyelid bag correction, scar revision, pinnaplasty (ear pinning), removal of skin lesions including skin cancers, hand surgery, amputation stump revision. Mr Chester also performs major limb reconstruction.

15th February 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital

From the first consultation Mr Chester made me feel totally at ease, listened and offered advice, always puts your health and safety first and felt very happy he was right for doing my surgery. I have been really pleased with my care and the surgery itself and the support given by him post surgery also.

14th February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Parkway Hospital

Mr Chester is an excellent consultant/surgeon. He takes time to listen and explain everything in great detail, all the pros and cons of going ahead with surgery and gives you honest and realistic expectations, then tells you to go away and think about it before making a decision. After 10 years of wanting a tummy tuck I finally went ahead in October 2018, he has a very calming manner and totally puts you at ease, again explaining exactly what he is going to do and I couldn't be happier with the results and the care given post surgery. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Chester and my only regret is not having it done sooner!

2nd February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Parkway Hospital

I saw Mr Chester for an initial consultation in May 2018 with a view to having my 9 year old breast implants exchanged, due to some rippling and possible rupture. I was impressed with his no pressure approach and comprehensive advice and decided to go ahead with the surgery later in the year. I saw Mr Chester again in October where we arranged surgery for December, I had concerns of my implant size being the reason for the ripple and possible rupture cause and we discussed the possibility of having smaller implants. Mr Chester suggested ordering several different variations of implants so that he could make a decision on the best course of action on the day - I had no hesitation in allowing him to make this decision. On the day of the surgery Mr Chester came and saw me in the morning, was very reassuring and kept me fully informed of the order of the day, he arranged to visit me again after surgery. That evening after successful surgery, Mr Chester came and explained how the operation had gone, it had turned out to be far more complicated as first thought, and took a lot longer to complete, he told me how he had tried different sizes of implant, even sitting me up during surgery to see which looked more natural and suited my build best, a bit strange to think about, but I believe shows his level of detail and interest in the end results of each independent patient. Once leaving for evening Mr Chester also called the hospital on the evening and came back early the next morning before attending another hospital to check I was happy and comfortable. Almost 6 weeks on, I am extremely happy with the results of my surgery, I have seen Mr Chester twice more for check ups and have another appointment in 3 months time. I know should I have any concerns or questions between these times Mr Chester would be happy to talk or arrange to see me sooner. My only regret is that Mr Chester did not perform my first surgery.

19th January 2019
Written by a patient at Spire South Bank Hospital

I felt totally safe and trusted Mr Chester he did my surgery and talked to me with such care and listened to what I required and told me what he could do and what an amazing job he did more than I could have expected . From start to finish his care towards me was outstanding.i would recommend him to anyone and will use his skills anytime again.his aftercare is 100%and has a perfect lovely bedside manner remembers you as an individual.he is such a credit to anyone.thank you again. Helen price

11th January 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Parkway Hospital

Mr Darren Chester from the first consultation was extremely approachable, listened to me and explained the procedure in full. He followed up the consultation within a letter sent to me a few days later, laying out in full the operation procedure, possible complications and the outcome of my surgery. I have full and complete trust in Mr Chester and if I needed further intervention would have no hesitation in contacting him and his team.

Nearest Plastic surgeons