mr-darren-chester

Written by a patient at Spire Parkway Hospital
5th February 2020

I went to see Mr Chester about an abdominoplasty I would recommend Mr Chester for surgery his bedside manner is outstanding he listens to everything you have to say very pleasant and polite very easy to talk to, Mr Chester is the type of doctor that will do surgery for you but only if it’s necessary I am going into my six month recovery so happy and pleased with my results the scarring is minimal I had a few concerns on my last checkup but Mr Chester put my mind at ease. During my recovery mr Chester gave me his personal mobile so that if there was any concerns or issues ,problems I could get in contact with him. He also spent time talking to my husband and explaining the operation, I was about to undertake and put his mind at rest. If at any time I decided to have any other surgery I definitely would go back to Mr Chester.

Written by a patient at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital
27th January 2020

I have no adverse criticism at all. The procedure was carried out trouble free and aftercare was also realistic and carried out professionally by team members. Mr Chester was reassuring and had a friendly manner. As a retired medical professional I was happy to put my problem in his hands and have come away thoroughly satisfied with the care from start to finish. I would recommend him to others if asked. Thank you.

Written by a patient at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital
22nd January 2020

Mr Chester was brilliant in all aspects of my care both pre and post operatively. I have no hesitation in recommending him

Written by a patient at Worcestershire Royal Hospital
3rd January 2020

Mr Chester is kind and considerate. From the first consultation I had with him I felt at ease. He talked me through all my options and listened to my wishes about the operation I needed to have on my foot. Mr Chester and his team were very caring and thoughtful and looked after me very well before, during and after my operation. I could not have asked for a better surgeon and team. Mrs Christine Hemming

Written by a patient at Spire South Bank Hospital
20th December 2019

I am very pleased I chose Mr Chester for my recent surgery. I decided to have breast implant removal after they had been in for 8 years for a number of reasons. My first consultation with him was very reassuring and I was given some options to consider. He explained everything very well both positives and possible problems that may happen. He is clear and calm in his manner. I felt very well looked after throughout my pre and post op period. I opted for the removal and mastopexy and I am very pleased with the results. The after care was excellent and he was contactable for queries via e mail so at no point did I feel unsupported. He offered me 3 follow up appointments to check that all was healing well. I would highly recommend mr Chester as a surgeon, thank you.

Mr Darren Chester was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2019 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Chester is a consultant plastic surgeon. He qualified from the University of Birmingham Medical School in 1995 with Honours in Pharmacology. He was trained in plastic surgery in the West Midlands. He is on the GMC specialist register for plastic surgery and was awarded the prestigious McGregor medal for achieving the highest mark in the FRCS(Plast.) examination. He has worked in the field of plastic surgery for the last 15 years and was appointed a consultant at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (formerly Selly Oak Hospital) in 2007. He also provides the plastic surgery service for Worcestershire (Kidderminster Hospital and Worcestershire Royal Hospital). He prides himself on his communication skills and involves patients fully in decision-making so that a tailored treatment plan is made. He has recently ran a communication skills course for plastic surgery doctors. He has a number of specialist interests including: cosmetic breast surgery (enlargement, reduction, uplift, correction of asymmetry), tummy tuck surgery, liposuction, eyelid bag correction, scar revision, pinnaplasty (ear pinning), removal of skin lesions including skin cancers, hand surgery, amputation stump revision. Mr Chester also performs major limb reconstruction.

Nearest Plastic surgeons