Mr Darren Chester

Mr Chester is a consultant plastic surgeon. He qualified from the University of Birmingham Medical School in 1995 with Honours in Pharmacology. He was trained in plastic surgery in the West Midlands. He is on the GMC specialist register for plastic surgery and was awarded the prestigious McGregor medal for achieving the highest mark in the FRCS(Plast.) examination. He has worked in the field of plastic surgery for the last 15 years and was appointed a consultant at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (formerly Selly Oak Hospital) in 2007. He also provides the plastic surgery service for Worcestershire (Kidderminster Hospital and Worcestershire Royal Hospital). He prides himself on his communication skills and involves patients fully in decision-making so that a tailored treatment plan is made. He has recently ran a communication skills course for plastic surgery doctors. He has a number of specialist interests including: cosmetic breast surgery (enlargement, reduction, uplift, correction of asymmetry), tummy tuck surgery, liposuction, eyelid bag correction, scar revision, pinnaplasty (ear pinning), removal of skin lesions including skin cancers, hand surgery, amputation stump revision. Mr Chester also performs major limb reconstruction.

3rd April 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital

The service and attention at the Droitwich Spa Hospital is excellent. I found Mr Chester to be very attentive to detail, a good communicator and above all, I am very satisfied with his surgical skills. I would have no problem recommending him to family and friends.

24th March 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital

Very helpful and supportive care.

13th March 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Parkway Hospital

After speaking to several surgeons about breast implants, I decided to go ahead with the procedure with Mr Chester, as I was so happy with how my initial consultation went and had read many good reviews. He responded to all my emails quickly, and answered all my questions thoroughly. I was extremely nervous on the day of my surgery, but felt Mr Chester was sympathetic and reassuring. I felt like I could contact him if I had any concerns during the recovery process. My recovery was almost completely pain free, and I had no complications. 6 months later and the results are exactly what I asked for - I couldn't be happier! I am a natural worrier but Mr Chester explained everything so patiently, and I felt like he took even my smallest concerns very seriously. I would definitely recommend.

27th February 2019
Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Mr Chester removed a large lipoma from my shoulder. Due to other health issues, my preference was for the operation to be under a local anaesthetic, Mr Chester was very sympathetic, listened to and understood my concerns and the procedure was undertaken under local with sedation. I felt fully informed throughout the process, he explained exactly what would happen and how the procedure would be undertaken. Mr Chester and the team at the QE were very professional, caring and I felt safe at all times. I would thoroughly recommend Mr Chester on the basis of my experience.

15th February 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital

From the first consultation Mr Chester made me feel totally at ease, listened and offered advice, always puts your health and safety first and felt very happy he was right for doing my surgery. I have been really pleased with my care and the surgery itself and the support given by him post surgery also.

Nearest Plastic surgeons