Mr Darren Chester

Mr Chester is a consultant plastic surgeon. He qualified from the University of Birmingham Medical School in 1995 with Honours in Pharmacology. He was trained in plastic surgery in the West Midlands. He is on the GMC specialist register for plastic surgery and was awarded the prestigious McGregor medal for achieving the highest mark in the FRCS(Plast.) examination. He has worked in the field of plastic surgery for the last 15 years and was appointed a consultant at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham (formerly Selly Oak Hospital) in 2007. He also provides the plastic surgery service for Worcestershire (Kidderminster Hospital and Worcestershire Royal Hospital). He prides himself on his communication skills and involves patients fully in decision-making so that a tailored treatment plan is made. He has recently ran a communication skills course for plastic surgery doctors. He has a number of specialist interests including: cosmetic breast surgery (enlargement, reduction, uplift, correction of asymmetry), tummy tuck surgery, liposuction, eyelid bag correction, scar revision, pinnaplasty (ear pinning), removal of skin lesions including skin cancers, hand surgery, amputation stump revision. Mr Chester also performs major limb reconstruction.

2nd December 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Parkway Hospital

I had amazing care from Mr Chester before, during and after my breast reduction. He took time to listen to me at all my appointments and I always felt as if I was in safe hands. I am very thankful to him as the operation has had a positive and life changing impact on me.

23rd November 2018
Written by a patient at Worcestershire Royal Hospital

I was referred to Mr Chester for a minor operation. He took the time to discuss the options and was fully supportive of my decision. I felt very well-informed about the procedure and possible after effects. Above all I felt safe. I was also impressed by the nurses and doctor working with him - they are clearly a team who work well together. I have since be discharged but know that I can contact Mr Chester should I have any concerns.

16th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Parkway Hospital

I had great care under Dr Chester, he ensures you have all the information you need, never any pressure, he was available via email or telephone, I felt relaxed with him

15th November 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital

I truly can’t thank Mr Chester enough for his kindness and the outstanding level of care he gave me. From my initial consultation, the procedure itself to remove a lesion close to my eye and the aftercare....Mr Chester was 100% supportive and very kind, a true professional. I am very very happy with my treatment. I would highly recommend Mr Chester.

1st November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Parkway Hospital

I visited Dr Chester for a consultation for a mastopexy (breast uplift) after a recommendation from my GP. I was already booked in with another surgeon but wanted to make sure i was going with the right person. As soon as i met Dr Chester he made me feel at ease and helped explain the procedure in much more detail. I was unsure whether i should have implants of just an uplift and he helped explain both procedures to give me a more clear idea. After this first consultation i cancelled my other surgeon and knew this was the right option. I had a mastopexy and i trusted myself in his hands completely. I was terrified on the day of surgery but he did all he could to ensure me everything was going to be ok. He has continued to see me after the surgery to see how i've been getting on and my scarring is no where near what i expected. The surgery was 3 months ago and i had a full mastopexy (scars underneath and round the nipple) and they have faded amazing within this timescale, you can hardly notice them. I made the decision not to have implants and just have the uplift through weight loss. My breasts before were low, sagging and i had a lot of loose skin and im only 22! I am so much more confident now and can wear the type of clothes that i should be for my age. This operation has had much a positive effect on my life and i would strongly recommend Dr Chester for any surgery. He takes the time to help and support you through the process and will instantly make you feel at ease through any procedure. I can't thank you enough! Whilst i'm here i will also add that Spire Parkway hospital was also amazing at looking after me! I felt so at home and well looked after!

Nearest Plastic surgeons