Mr Dan Nguyen

Mr. Dan Nguyen is a NHS Consultant Ophthalmologist and the Lead Clinician for Glaucoma at Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. After graduating from the University of Bristol Medical School, he gained considerable experience at St. Paul’s Eye Unit at the Royal Liverpool Hospital, and the Bristol Eye Hospital. He has since completed advanced specialist Glaucoma fellowships at the Bristol Eye Hospital, and the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital in Melbourne, Australia. As well as dealing with the full range of general ophthalmic conditions, he has special interests in customised cataract surgery, and the assessment, diagnosis, medical and surgical management of all forms of Glaucoma. Mr. Nguyen combines his specialist expertise, clinical experience and research to deliver dedicated, patient-centred and tailored care.

15th April 2018
Written by a patient at Optegra Eye Hospital Manchester

After developing problems with visibility whilst driving in the dark and other problems with my vision, my optician advised me that I needed cateract surgery. I was very nervous about it initially, however, a consultation with Mr. Nguyen gave me the confidence to proceed and I elected to have lens replacements. The whole procedure was explained in my pre-op session at the hospital and I left feeling reassured. During my first operation the theatre nurse held my hand throughout the procedure which only lasted about 15 minutes and was completely painless. When I removed my protective eye guard the next morning I couldn't believe the difference in my vision in that eye, even colours were brighter. My second operation was 12 days later and I am absolutely delighted with the results. For me this has been a life changing procedure and I can't thank Mr. Nguyen and the team at Optegra enough.

10th April 2018
Written by a patient at Optegra Eye Hospital Manchester

I cannot thank or recommend Mr Dan Nguyen from Optegra Clinic Didsbury enough. He has given me my good eyesight back after two cataract operations. I always thought my car windscreen was dirty when I was driving and my colours were yellowish and thought my tv needed resetting. I was very wary of having the op. , however he was very calming, caring and carefully cured my nerves. The op only took 15 minutes for each eye and the results were instant and amazing. Today I was signed off and he told me I now have 20/20 vision.

6th December 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The South Cheshire Private Hospital

I felt confident in everything he was telling me throughout the whole procedure.

3rd October 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra Eye Hospital Manchester

Procedure went very smoothly and pleased with the result. Aftercare was straightforward and no problems at all. Improved sight which is very nice!

3rd August 2017
Written by a patient at Optegra Eye Hospital Manchester

I've been completely pleased with the way my surgery has gone, how quickly it was done and the results are great!

Nearest Ophthalmologists