Mr Dan H Williams FRCS

Mr Dan H Williams MBBCh MSc FRCS Mr Dan H Williams is a Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery at the Royal Cornwall Hospital and Duchy Hospital with an interest in Primary and Revision Hip & Knee Replacement. Dan qualified from University of Wales College of Medicine in 1998 and trained in South Wales, Australia and South Africa before becoming a registrar in the South West of England. He underwent sub-specialty fellowships in trauma, complex knee and hip replacement surgery in Seattle, Oxford and Vancouver. A Master's degree in Orthopaedic Engineering from Cardiff University provided a basic science foundation upon which he’s built a strong research portfolio. Published work has looked at hip resurfacing (and the recent problems with metal ion levels), clinical outcomes following joint replacement (with an emphasis on returning to sporting activity) and techniques of revision hip and knee surgery. Dan wanted to bring his research experience into everyday practice; to quantify and capture the impact of surgery on patients and to track these benefits into the long-term. Finding nothing appropriate available, he helped to develop MyClinicalOutcomes, a web-based system that monitors patient symptoms remote from the hospital before and after treatment and into the long term. Outside of work he enjoys all that the Cornish outdoors has to offer while spending time with friends and family.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

6th February 2017
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

Total left hip replacement 22/11/2016 couldn't have wished for anyone better, received excellent care pre- op, during op and post op. Dan visited me shortly after my op on the ward and reassured me that all went well. He has recently given me physiotherapy ideas so that I can regain fitness and strength. Myclinicaloutcomes.com is a great way to keep track of progression and an excellent link between patient and surgeon. Thanks!!

6th February 2017
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

I had a hip replacement. From beginning to end, including the actual operation, at all stages the treatment I received was kind, efficient, helpful and so much better than I expected. I will have my other hip done with no worries at all.

27th November 2016
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

He listened to me and understood my problems.He was very thorough and knowledgeable, the care I received from him and his team was exceptional. He even came to see me post- op on his day off! I have recommended him to a friend who has also experienced exceptional care and is also delighted with the results, as I am.

23rd November 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Cornwall Hospital

System works well and link up/feedback via email helps to give Dan a good idea on how the joints are holding up.

5th October 2016
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

I cannot praise Mr Williams and his team at the Duchy Hospital enough. My first knee replacement was in July 2013, it was not as bad as I thought it would be. I made a very good recovery. Mr Williams kept me informed about everything, also I had regular check ups, and also he checks my pain and function score on "myclinicaloutcomes.com" My other knee has been replaced this year , August 2016 , Again Mr Williams and the team done an amazing job. I was so well looked after. I cannot thank him enough,to be pain free in both knees is wonderful . Thank you Mr Williams, your team, and all the staff at the Duchy.

Short link to review Mr Dan H Williams FRCS: http://iwgc.net/efg8s