Mr Dan H Williams FRCS

Mr Dan H Williams MBBCh MSc FRCS Mr Dan H Williams is a Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery at the Royal Cornwall Hospital and Duchy Hospital with an interest in Primary and Revision Hip & Knee Replacement. Dan qualified from University of Wales College of Medicine in 1998 and trained in South Wales, Australia and South Africa before becoming a registrar in the South West of England. He underwent sub-specialty fellowships in trauma, complex knee and hip replacement surgery in Seattle, Oxford and Vancouver. A Master's degree in Orthopaedic Engineering from Cardiff University provided a basic science foundation upon which he’s built a strong research portfolio. Published work has looked at hip resurfacing (and the recent problems with metal ion levels), clinical outcomes following joint replacement (with an emphasis on returning to sporting activity) and techniques of revision hip and knee surgery. Dan wanted to bring his research experience into everyday practice; to quantify and capture the impact of surgery on patients and to track these benefits into the long-term. Finding nothing appropriate available, he helped to develop MyClinicalOutcomes, a web-based system that monitors patient symptoms remote from the hospital before and after treatment and into the long term. Outside of work he enjoys all that the Cornish outdoors has to offer while spending time with friends and family.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

14th February 2018
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

i had total hip replacement, and the care i had from my first consultation at bodmin ,and right through the process at the duchy in treliske was first class,everyone i came in contact with were kind and caring,and you are kept informed every step of the way, and one thing i would stress is keep doing the exercises after the operation it really helps you get back on your feet, my hip is now just great.thankyou too everyone involved.

31st January 2018
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

Mr Williams kept to the time of the appointment, met me with a cheery smile and a handshake and chat as we walked to his room. He was happy to talk about 'the other leg' too. I hope I'll feel equally well looked after in 3 year's time when I see him next.

31st January 2018
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

Mr Williams is always very polite and gives a clear and detailed description of the procedure he is going to perform. His follow up consultation is also very polite and informative. Would always recommend him to others and be very pleased for him to treat me again if so needed.

16th January 2018
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

Very easy manner. Very professional . Treated me as an individual and not as another body on the conveyor belt to be seen that day. My new hip has altered my life completely I had forgotten how many things I could not do or had great difficulty with. Thank you.

9th December 2017
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

I was very pleased with the consultation leading up to the knee operations as they were very informative and gave me respect and trust with Mr Dan Williams. The day of the operation I was fully informed as to the procedure and any questions answered in full which again gave me more trust in the surgeon who was to preform the operation. The after care was second to nun and very compassionate staff at the hospital. The follow up with physiotherapy was also very good. My follow appointment with Mr Dan Williams was very thorough before i was signed of for a 6 year review.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »