mr-dan-h-williams-frcs

Mr Dan H Williams FRCS

11th March 2020

I had a partial knee replacement 1 year ago by Dan Williams and I can honestly say he’s given me my life back. For two years prior to surgery I was in excruciating pain unable to walk long distances but apart from a month after the procedure I have no pain at all!! The biggest thing that helped me before surgery and still is, was to be told to use an exercise bike. At first I thought I would be unable to do this but it is the best thing to do not only did it strengthen my upper leg it also helped me to loose weight and inches

9th March 2020

Once I was referred to Duchy the service was streamlined and fast. Mr Williams listened, was patient (and through his experience) was able to diagnose and activate an operation date immediately - so reassuring! Operation and recovery went as outlined and follow up appointments gave further reassurance and encouragement I did prepare by losing weight and exercising and am maintaining a healthy lifestyle - now, without chronic and constant pain, I have my life back and it’s amazing! Thank you

Written by a patient at Royal Cornwall Hospital
8th March 2020

Mr Williams would be highly recommended by me. I had hip replacement surgery at the age of 80 and everything went very well. No problems at all following the surgery. I now followed post operative advice carefully and am now able to play a little golf again - 3 months after the surgery. Thank you Mr Williams.

Written by a patient at Royal Cornwall Hospital
18th August 2019

Could not fault treatment from the first appointment

9th August 2019

I had a new half knee replacement. Everything went very well and I am now continuing with my South West Coast Path. Dan Williams was excellent, I would recommend him.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Mr Dan H Williams MBBCh MSc FRCS Mr Dan H Williams is a Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery at the Royal Cornwall Hospital and Duchy Hospital with an interest in Primary and Revision Hip & Knee Replacement. Dan qualified from University of Wales College of Medicine in 1998 and trained in South Wales, Australia and South Africa before becoming a registrar in the South West of England. He underwent sub-specialty fellowships in trauma, complex knee and hip replacement surgery in Seattle, Oxford and Vancouver. A Master's degree in Orthopaedic Engineering from Cardiff University provided a basic science foundation upon which he’s built a strong research portfolio. Published work has looked at hip resurfacing (and the recent problems with metal ion levels), clinical outcomes following joint replacement (with an emphasis on returning to sporting activity) and techniques of revision hip and knee surgery. Dan wanted to bring his research experience into everyday practice; to quantify and capture the impact of surgery on patients and to track these benefits into the long-term. Finding nothing appropriate available, he helped to develop MyClinicalOutcomes, a web-based system that monitors patient symptoms remote from the hospital before and after treatment and into the long term. Outside of work he enjoys all that the Cornish outdoors has to offer while spending time with friends and family.

Short link to review Mr Dan H Williams FRCS: http://iwgc.net/efg8s