Mr Dan H Williams FRCS

Mr Dan H Williams MBBCh MSc FRCS Mr Dan H Williams is a Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery at the Royal Cornwall Hospital and Duchy Hospital with an interest in Primary and Revision Hip & Knee Replacement. Dan qualified from University of Wales College of Medicine in 1998 and trained in South Wales, Australia and South Africa before becoming a registrar in the South West of England. He underwent sub-specialty fellowships in trauma, complex knee and hip replacement surgery in Seattle, Oxford and Vancouver. A Master's degree in Orthopaedic Engineering from Cardiff University provided a basic science foundation upon which he’s built a strong research portfolio. Published work has looked at hip resurfacing (and the recent problems with metal ion levels), clinical outcomes following joint replacement (with an emphasis on returning to sporting activity) and techniques of revision hip and knee surgery. Dan wanted to bring his research experience into everyday practice; to quantify and capture the impact of surgery on patients and to track these benefits into the long-term. Finding nothing appropriate available, he helped to develop MyClinicalOutcomes, a web-based system that monitors patient symptoms remote from the hospital before and after treatment and into the long term. Outside of work he enjoys all that the Cornish outdoors has to offer while spending time with friends and family.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

16th April 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Cornwall Hospital

Excellent experience, great care. Very professional .

4th April 2019
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

From the first time I met Mr Williams I was confident that he would look after me and do what was necessary to improve my mobility in any way that was needed. He did a half knee replacement and from day 1 I was aware that the pain I had would improve day by day. When I attended Duchy 6 weeks on I was fully mobile and as I told Mr Williams I was in fact walking better without the crutches than with. I am now able to walk without pain in that knee, only occasionally having discomfort in my other knee which does have osteoarthritis present but still manageable. Thank you Mr Williams for your care and of course Duchy Hospital for all they have done. BEST CARE EVER!!

7th February 2019
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

The whole experience from my 1st appointment with Mr Williams, pre-op visits, both Physio and Nursing leading up to the surgery were efficient and appropriate to my condition. The surgery went according to plan and I felt well cared for and helped through the time spent in the Duchy Hospital; after a couple of days I was discharge home where I recovered well with the information given to me and back up if required- which I did not. The whole experience was smooth and efficient which made it less stressful for me. My knee is progressing well and I am so thankful to Mr Williams’ expertise which has made a big difference to my every day life and well being. I have no further suggestions for improvement as it was a very slick/efficient process.

29th December 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Cornwall Hospital

Mr Dan Williams has been my consultant now for some years after I was passed to him due to some complications with my previous consultant. I suffered with complex hip problems as an adolescent and had previous surgeries that failed however my first visit to Mr Williams was amazing, his diagnosis was spot on and the on going treatment has changed my life and given me the chance to live a mostly normal life. Every operation Mr Williams has performed on me has been explained in great length to me and any questions I have had has been answered fully but also in a way I can understand. Had I not met Mr Williams I fear that I would not have the quality of life I have now. I can never thank this man enough for the dedicated care he has provided me and continues to provide. He has gone above and beyond what is expected for me many times. This man has my thanks and gratitude and also the thanks and gratitude of my family for being able to help me. I would not have any concerns recommending Mr Williams to a family member or friends. If Mr Williams has been assigned to your case you can rest assured he will do all he can to help you. Thank you Dan Williams

22nd December 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Cornwall Hospital

Everything about my hip replacement was explained fully. Recovery is coming on well with a good range of exercises. My stay at The Dutch hospital was very comfortable. I would have no hesitation in visiting again should it ever be necessary. Mr Williams would obviously be first choice for Doctors.

Short link to review Mr Dan H Williams FRCS: http://iwgc.net/efg8s