Mr Dan H Williams FRCS

Mr Dan H Williams MBBCh MSc FRCS Mr Dan H Williams is a Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery at the Royal Cornwall Hospital and Duchy Hospital with an interest in Primary and Revision Hip & Knee Replacement. Dan qualified from University of Wales College of Medicine in 1998 and trained in South Wales, Australia and South Africa before becoming a registrar in the South West of England. He underwent sub-specialty fellowships in trauma, complex knee and hip replacement surgery in Seattle, Oxford and Vancouver. A Master's degree in Orthopaedic Engineering from Cardiff University provided a basic science foundation upon which he’s built a strong research portfolio. Published work has looked at hip resurfacing (and the recent problems with metal ion levels), clinical outcomes following joint replacement (with an emphasis on returning to sporting activity) and techniques of revision hip and knee surgery. Dan wanted to bring his research experience into everyday practice; to quantify and capture the impact of surgery on patients and to track these benefits into the long-term. Finding nothing appropriate available, he helped to develop MyClinicalOutcomes, a web-based system that monitors patient symptoms remote from the hospital before and after treatment and into the long term. Outside of work he enjoys all that the Cornish outdoors has to offer while spending time with friends and family.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 »

28th September 2017
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

Excellent standard of care throughout, with informative pre-op consultations, accurate indications of the outcome and a knee operation that has dealt with my problems, restoring my quality of life. My questions at the follow up consultancy were answered completely and I am exceptionally pleased with the professional attention I received.

23rd August 2017
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

Dan Williams made me feel that, as a patient, what I had to say was important. He took the time to listen to me . He was also very good at explaining everything I needed to know. I would have no worries if I was to be referred to him again for treatment.

22nd July 2017
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

Mr Dan Williams has a very professional manner but at the same time is easy to talk to. He fully explained the knee surgery at the original consultation and paid a visit to the bedside immediately before the operation and again afterwards. I have the greatest confidence in him.

6th July 2017
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

Extremely approachable, made the patient feel relaxed about the impending procedure. His empathy with patients instilled a comforting degree of confidence that things would go well. Pleased to report I was not disappointed.

4th July 2017
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

Because I have been completing my online survey and my doctor has been following my progress, it was explained that I did not require an x-ray this time and therefore I was seen really quickly. Doctor always very reassuring and professional and puts me at ease. He listens to what I have to say and gives me advice accordingly.

« 1 2 3 4 »