Mr Dan H Williams FRCS

Mr Dan H Williams MBBCh MSc FRCS Mr Dan H Williams is a Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery at the Royal Cornwall Hospital and Duchy Hospital with an interest in Primary and Revision Hip & Knee Replacement. Dan qualified from University of Wales College of Medicine in 1998 and trained in South Wales, Australia and South Africa before becoming a registrar in the South West of England. He underwent sub-specialty fellowships in trauma, complex knee and hip replacement surgery in Seattle, Oxford and Vancouver. A Master's degree in Orthopaedic Engineering from Cardiff University provided a basic science foundation upon which he’s built a strong research portfolio. Published work has looked at hip resurfacing (and the recent problems with metal ion levels), clinical outcomes following joint replacement (with an emphasis on returning to sporting activity) and techniques of revision hip and knee surgery. Dan wanted to bring his research experience into everyday practice; to quantify and capture the impact of surgery on patients and to track these benefits into the long-term. Finding nothing appropriate available, he helped to develop MyClinicalOutcomes, a web-based system that monitors patient symptoms remote from the hospital before and after treatment and into the long term. Outside of work he enjoys all that the Cornish outdoors has to offer while spending time with friends and family.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

29th December 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Cornwall Hospital

Mr Dan Williams has been my consultant now for some years after I was passed to him due to some complications with my previous consultant. I suffered with complex hip problems as an adolescent and had previous surgeries that failed however my first visit to Mr Williams was amazing, his diagnosis was spot on and the on going treatment has changed my life and given me the chance to live a mostly normal life. Every operation Mr Williams has performed on me has been explained in great length to me and any questions I have had has been answered fully but also in a way I can understand. Had I not met Mr Williams I fear that I would not have the quality of life I have now. I can never thank this man enough for the dedicated care he has provided me and continues to provide. He has gone above and beyond what is expected for me many times. This man has my thanks and gratitude and also the thanks and gratitude of my family for being able to help me. I would not have any concerns recommending Mr Williams to a family member or friends. If Mr Williams has been assigned to your case you can rest assured he will do all he can to help you. Thank you Dan Williams

22nd December 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Cornwall Hospital

Everything about my hip replacement was explained fully. Recovery is coming on well with a good range of exercises. My stay at The Dutch hospital was very comfortable. I would have no hesitation in visiting again should it ever be necessary. Mr Williams would obviously be first choice for Doctors.

26th November 2018
Written by a patient at Royal Cornwall Hospital

Mr Dan Williams put me at ease as soon as we met ,couldn't ask for better information about surgery on both my knees three months apart . A year on I am doing very well and enjoying walking all over again . Thank you Mr Williams

23rd November 2018
Written by a patient at Duchy Hospital

From my first meeting with Mr Williams I felt that I was never under any pressure to make a rushed decision about my treatment. He was happy to explain options and fully informed me of my procedure and care. My outcome was excellent and he has restored me to full health with the least amount of difficulty.

22nd November 2018