mr-damian-clark

22nd April 2020

I had knee surgery in December on the advice of Mr Clark. I found he really did listen to me and suggested and thoroughly discussed the options available to me. I’m very pleased with the service he provided and would highly recommend him.

Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital
15th February 2020

Damian Clark operated on me for total knee replacements of both knees in 2019. I found Damian very approachable and explained everything to me in language easy to understand. It is now less than a year since my operations and I have just been discharged from his excellent care, I find I am able to walk with our dog, tend my allotment and do everything I used to all pain free. I am eternally grateful to Damian for his professionalism and care, thank you so much it has turned my life around. Brian Bettridge

Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital
22nd January 2020

Dr Damian Clark has been excellent, he explains things fully in an easy to understand way. My partial knee operation went extremely well, was able to return home the same day . After only 7 weeks, I am able to return to playing bowls, driving and walking pain free. forever grateful, Thank you, from Michael Parker 28/11/19

Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital
15th January 2020

I would like to say a big thank you to Mr Damien Clarke ,he has given me a partial knee replacement in both knee’s “Great Job “

16th October 2019

I've playing badminton for many many years and about 5 years ago started suffering with serious pains in my left knee, forcing me to give up the sport. I was referred by my GP to the Muscular Skeletal unit in my town and given lots of physio which did not help at all. After over fours years of messing about with them I manged to secure an appointment to have my left knee looked at by Mr Clark. Mr Clark recommended a clean up of the knee joint as a first step and he also was able to tell me I had the start of arthritis which would probably cause more problems in the future. On the 16th of August I had the suggested operation, arriving at the hospital at 0700 and home again just after lunch. I had very little pain after the op more like discomfort and found immediately I could walk up stairs normally, not peg legged. After only 8 weeks I'm walking normally again and planning on getting back to Badminton. A huge thank you Mr Clark, without your intervention I would still be hobbling about.

Damian Clark is a trauma and orthopaedic consultant surgeon who works in Bristol (UK). He completed medical school at King's College London. He has completed fellowships in trauma and knee surgery with training in the UK, New Zealand, Australia, India and Canada. Interests include: Trauma & knee surgery Patello-femoral surgery Sports knee injuries Degenerative joint disease Day case joint replacement Enhanced recovery after surgery

Short link to review Mr Damian Clark: http://iwgc.net/eg2ij