Mr Damian Clark

Damian Clark is a trauma and orthopaedic consultant surgeon who works in Bristol (UK). He completed medical school at King's College London. He has completed fellowships in trauma and knee surgery with training in the UK, New Zealand, Australia, India and Canada. Interests include: Trauma & knee surgery Patello-femoral surgery Sports knee injuries Degenerative joint disease Day case joint replacement Enhanced recovery after surgery

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

16th October 2019

I've playing badminton for many many years and about 5 years ago started suffering with serious pains in my left knee, forcing me to give up the sport. I was referred by my GP to the Muscular Skeletal unit in my town and given lots of physio which did not help at all. After over fours years of messing about with them I manged to secure an appointment to have my left knee looked at by Mr Clark. Mr Clark recommended a clean up of the knee joint as a first step and he also was able to tell me I had the start of arthritis which would probably cause more problems in the future. On the 16th of August I had the suggested operation, arriving at the hospital at 0700 and home again just after lunch. I had very little pain after the op more like discomfort and found immediately I could walk up stairs normally, not peg legged. After only 8 weeks I'm walking normally again and planning on getting back to Badminton. A huge thank you Mr Clark, without your intervention I would still be hobbling about.

Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital
6th August 2019

Really friendly and always willing to answer any questions

28th July 2019

I was operated on just over seven weeks ago for partial right knee replacement and although still giving me some discomfort the wound has healed really well, and I feel that in the long run the knee will be much better than before. I was admitted on a Friday and allowed to return home the following day, after assessment. Whilst in the care of the hospital I was very well treated and the staff were all very professional, with subsequent visits for physio and review by Damian Clark helpful and well handled.

22nd July 2019

From the very first consultation I found Mr Clark ver6 easy to speak to and he made it clear no question is a silly question. Before and after the operation Mr Clark was there for any questions and ensured my stay at hospital was comfortable and more important pain free, he explained the reason behind the pain meds and there benefits. The after care was just as comfortable in our conversations, and if I needed to contact him his office was very professional and a phone call was received for either his office or Mr Clark himself swiftly. I would recommend Mr Clark to anyone .

Written by a patient at Southmead Hospital
2nd July 2019

Partial knee replacement one year ago and am very pleased with my mobility and strength i now have. Mr Clark and his team were superb in all areas and I highly recommend them. My other knee will require the same operation soon and I’m hoping he will be available

Short link to review Mr Damian Clark: http://iwgc.net/eg2ij