15th June 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Mr Cutting has been my Consultant since I was diagnosed with kidney cancer in March this year and I can say that I am so very grateful that he has. In April this year I had a surgery to take a biopsy from my kidney at Furness General Hospital. I had the operation in the morning and was later taken to a ward to recover and was pleasantly surprised that Mr Cutting took the time to visit me at 7.30pm that evening to see how I was. In May of this year I had surgery to remove my left kidney and ureter tube. On my arrival at the admissions department at Lancaster Royal Infirmary on the day of my operation Mr Cutting came to see me and explained what the operation I was about to have entailed, he then asked me if I had any questions which I had and he provided me with excellent answers to them. Mr Cutting visited me more than once during my recovery in Lancaster Royal infirmary first to let me know how the operation went and afterwards to see how I was recovering which was very reassuring. After my recovery I went back to LRI for a Cystogram, afterwards I met Mr Cutting to discuss how my recovery was going. I can only say what a pleasure it has been for me to meet Mr Cutting and hear the many good things said to me by staff and patients about him at the Hospitals I have been in. Mr Cutting has been very pleasant and so easy to communicate with which has been a huge comfort to me during my illness.

3rd February 2016
Written by a patient at Royal Lancaster Infirmary

Mr Cutting has recently covered my follow up procedures. In an attempt to source the root cause of my urinary bleeding, Mr Cutting instigated kidney and bladder scan, both of which were proved in no way to be the cause. He also instigated a cystoscope which resulted in very weak urination and lack of control. This, though painful, was completely successful and gave me back my control in emergency and allowed me avert reasonable urine flow. There is a continuing problem with blood in urine but Mr Cutting has instigated, I assume, with Mr Dickinson, the necessary course of action. I feel confident in Mr Cutting's direction.

Short link to review Mr Colin Cutting: http://iwgc.net/eep3w