Mr Christopher Shaw

Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital
14th April 2018

On first impression he is not obviously ' nice ' but the more you interact with him you come to realise he is empathetic patient and competent . After my hip surgery years later my son developed a hip problem and I had no hesitation in recommending that he consult Mr Shaw Shaw .

Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital
11th May 2017

I saw Mr Shaw in outpatients for many years then he decided he needed to to a decompression in my shoulder. After this procedure things went downhill very quickly for me and i was left in really bad pain. Each time i went to clinic Mr Shaw did seem to nod and listen to me but after two further procedures a distal clavical exsision and an attempt to repair a tear inmy rotator cuff i was discharged to the pain management team and offered morphine....... sorry not the answer i was looking for. I went for a 2nd opinion at spire in Anlaby and got referred to Nottingham City Hospital under the care of a lovely professor and his team and i had sucessful corrective surgery and extensive physio and am now pain free with a full range of movement. I am not being disrespectful to Mr Shaw but for me didnt help my pain and resolve the problem hence i have just had my 5th procedure and finally pain free.

Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital
21st November 2015

Mr Shaw performed surgery on my shoulder which was not successful as the pain continued unabated. After informing him of this, Mr Shaw's response was simply, "live with it." I was not happy with his response and attitude and sought a further professional medical opinion. Another orthopaedic and trauma surgeon has since performed corrective surgery on my shoulder which was successful and I am now pain free.

Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary
9th October 2015

I found Dr Shaw to be very attentive over my concerns regarding the operation. He explained all the details involved including the risk factor. He put me completely at my ease and when I eventually went into the Hospital I was confident that with him in charge I had nothing to worry about. Some of my fellow Patients were not as well informed as myself over what their Operations were all about and this seemed to make their stay a little uncomfortable.I would have no hesitation in recommending him to other would be Patients based on my own personal dealings with him. I consider him a fine Doctor with a very reassuring manner

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery