Mr Christopher Bailey

Mr Bailey is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Winchester, Hampshire. He works at the Royal Hampshire County, Sarum Road and the Nuffield Health Wessex Hospitals and treats patients with disorders affecting the knee, shoulder and hip.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

19th April 2019
Written by a patient at The Nuffield Hospital Hampshire

I found Mr Barley to be kind, professional and very knowledgeable. The treatment I received for my right knee was second to none, all the staff involved in my recovery were very encouraging and caring. I felt I was treated like a human being and not just a number, I would strongly recommend Mr Barley in the future, and feel confident to discuss any problem I may have with my right or left knee going forward with him, he has also suggested I do this if needed. Excellent service, huge thanks.

4th April 2019
Written by a patient at Royal Hampshire County Hospital

When I first met Mr Bailey, about 1 year ago, his first question was which knee do you want done first? He explained the process, the risks, and success rate, and a couple of months later my right knee was replaced. The operation went smoothly, and the aftercare was excellent. A few months later arrangements kicked off for my other knee replacement, and this went just as well, again with excellent aftercare. There was a final check with Mr Bailey six months after the second operation. I have no pain in my knees, whereas last year walking was difficult, let alone climbing stairs, now I can walk for miles. I do not yet have total mobility, kneeling is still an issue, but it continues to improve. This operation takes time, and if you decide to have it done, DO YOUR EXERCISES.

26th March 2019
Written by a patient at The Nuffield Hospital Hampshire

I can't speak highly enough of Mr Bailey and all the theatre team and hospital staff. I wish I had listened to him when he said it would be painful in the first 2 - 3 weeks, I had a Total Knee Replacement. Operation went exactly as expected, and now 7 weeks later I'm driving again and cycling and gardening. The knee pain I had is gone but I still have a little discomfort due to a bit of swelling but this improves almost daily. If and when my other knee need replacing I won't hesitate going back to Mr Bailey.

6th March 2019
Written by a patient at The Nuffield Hospital Hampshire

Mr Bailey is a most attentive and caring Surgeon, with an excellent bedside manner. He enjoys listening to your ideas and understanding of the condition, as this enables him to work with you to meet a good outcome of care in your best interest. He is an excellent knee Surgeon and I also recommended him to my husband for left and right frozen shoulder operations, which were both successful. I would recommend his expertise and quality care to anyone.

28th February 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Wessex Hospital

from consultation to surgery took just 2.5 months I could have had the operation sooner but was unavailable before. the operation was at the Wessex Nuffield Chandlersford. I was treated with great care and sympathy by all the hospitial staff.

Short link to review Mr Christopher Bailey: http://iwgc.net/ecobx