Mr Christopher Bailey

Mr Bailey is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in Winchester, Hampshire. He works at the Royal Hampshire County, Sarum Road and the Nuffield Health Wessex Hospitals and treats patients with disorders affecting the knee, shoulder and hip.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Written by a patient at The Nuffield Hospital Hampshire
19th November 2019

Mr Bailey performed a tendon tear and rota cuff repair to my shoulder, the procedure from start to finish has been totally successful over a period of recovery post surgery and I am so thankful for his total knowledge, professionalism information, suggestions and care from my very first appointment. Mr Bailey listens to patients needs and is very reassuring. I would thoroughly recommend Mr Bailey as a consultant / surgeon.

Written by a patient at BMI Sarum Road Hospital
8th November 2019

I had a total knee replacement which was explained to me very simply by Mr Bailey prior to the operation. The procedure went well with little discomfort and no bad after effects. Throughout the entire process right up to full recovery Mr Bailey was attentive and caring. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone requiring similar surgery.

Written by a patient at The Nuffield Hospital Hampshire
22nd October 2019

The care and attention I received from this practitioner was the best I could have hoped for.The procedure was explained in a way that I was able to understand without hype or professional jargon. After my surgery ( rotator cuff repair) to my right shoulder, I was able to return home after a few hours. My care during my stay at the nuffield hospital was amazing, all the staff were very attentive and polite. During the six weeks of rehabilitation after surgery, I am able to move around as normal and can now go back to driving my car without pain. Although I still have some pain and stiffness in my shoulder when I get out of bed in the morning, but this dissipate during the day. I would thoroughly recommend Mr. Bailey for any orthopaedic surgery procedure's.

Written by a patient at BMI Sarum Road Hospital
15th October 2019

Mr Bailey clearly outlined the various options available to help with my knee problems. Once we agreed the treatment (partial knee replacement) he carried out the surgery and aftercare in a very professional manner.

Written by a patient at Royal Hampshire County Hospital
10th October 2019

Mr Bailey carried out a very successful uni-compartmental surgical procedure to my left knee at RHCH Winchester, just the inside compartment needed replacement due to an old sports injury giving me regular arthritis pain in recent years. The procedure went very smoothly, a spinal block was my chosen aesthetic, no sedation, so I was fully aware of everything as we went through the procedure, which was all over in well under an hour. Mr Bailey has a very pleasant personality and answered any questions I had, which of course puts one’s mind at ease. My crutches were returned to RHCH Winchester after just 2 weeks while having my staples removed, a very rapid recovery followed. The whole experience from initial consultation to the day of the procedure was fairly swift. The 3 days spent in Hospital was good, but few can admit to enjoy being in hospital. I’m hoping I won’t need to meet any surgeons in the near future, but if I was having another orthopaedic procedure of a similar nature there’s no doubt in my mind I’d choose Chris bailey. At 5 months post operation, I am back very close to normal, having NEVER experienced any pain standing , the occasional ache if I overdo things, which is easily controlled with ant-inflammatory medication. Thank you Chris Bailey, a great and efficient all round job has been done by you and your team.

Short link to review Mr Christopher Bailey: http://iwgc.net/ecobx