Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

28th November 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

I saw Chris again recently for my regular annual check up after he conducted a nephrectomy for me in 2012. He is always clear and direct, drawing on the tests to provide his guidance. I consider myself lucky to have him as my oncology physician.

28th November 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

This is my first visit to a practise outside the NHS, so I was unaware of what service I would receive. Outstanding is the answer, appointments have been kept to time, the reception centre is very welcoming and once meeting Chris you are put at ease and feel 100% confident that his recommendations and plan for my health care will be exemplary.

26th November 2018
Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital

Straight forward, direct and informative, which instils confidence. I feel I am in very good hands. With great skill in a difficult operation, Chris removed a large cancer from my Kidney. Normally the kidney would be removed, but because of my CKD, Chris was able to retain as much of kidney function as possible. Brilliant.

13th November 2018
Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital

I found Mr Anderson incredible professional and approachable in regards to discussing my medical situation. In addition, he is very articulate in detailing any after care procedures, routines, etc. that may be required.

12th November 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Before any treatment he explained in great detail everything that would be happening to me, breaking it down into easy to understand steps. Throughout, he checked that I understood what the various procedures would entail. The follow up care was excellent. I don’t think anything could be done to improve on this.

Short link to review Mr Christopher Anderson: http://iwgc.net/ecnzh