Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

16th July 2019
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

After having an operation for knee replacement I had a retention problem and was recommended to Mr. Anderson. He was totally professional, made sure that I had all the correct information that I need to proceed home and arranged follow up care and treatment. This was vital in supporting me to relax and let my problem be sorted. A thoroughly charming and welcoming person with great patient manner and medical knowledge.

5th July 2019
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

I needed a consultation at short notice because i am about to go away for 6 weeks and my GP recommended a check before my departure in case there was any urgent treatment I may need. Following his investigations Mr Andersons explained clearly the range of reasons that may be causing my symptoms. He recommended a course of action which put my mind at rest.

3rd July 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Where can I start, Mr Christopher Anderson should be knighted. A total professional who I trust completely with my life. I can't say anymore, he is perfect.

3rd July 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Firm handshake, eye contact, engaging friendly manner. No negative comments

28th June 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I have known Mr Anderson for some ten years since we removed a cancerous kidney from me We met up again just after Easter 2019 when the lymph nodes in my surviving kidney were playing up. Without hesitation he arranged a biopsy for me which resulted in swift action and treatment which is ongoing. I cannot thank Mr Anderson and Mr De La Rue enough for this prompt action. Chris Willis Hospital number H344134 and a trustee

Nearest Urologists