Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

27th February 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

This doctor acted professionally elucidating the options and hence my decisions about which way to go regarding treatment. I am an out patient. I do not subscribe to the Americanism 'care'. Dr. Anderson, like all of St George's medical staff treated me professionally, and for this I am very grateful.

26th February 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Immediately put at ease by his friendly, professional and caring attitude. Never felt like a number on his list but as a worried patient. He explained everything in simple, easy to understand, language. Even drew simple diagrams and fully answered my questions .

20th February 2019
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

I was after a 2nd opinion on my test result for my own peace of mind rather than any other reason. Mr Anderson listened to my history and reviewed my results and we discussed potential reason for my symptoms. We also discussed alternative methods of treatment, other than the more aggressive approach suggested. (Drugs and a less invasive surgical option.) I was comfortable discussing my symptoms and history and felt that I was being listened to. I left feeling reassured that nothing had been missed by either my primary specialist or by Mr Anderson.

19th February 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Dr Anderson was polite & considerate during the whole of my appointment and he gave me opportunity to ask questions and listened to my concerns.

14th February 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I had to have one of my kidneys and tube removed due to having a tumour which was a very hard and stressful time for myself and close family. Mr Christopher Anderson and team did a great job from beginning to end explaining the whole diagnosis and procedure. The operation was a success and I’m now fully recovered and enjoying life all thanks to this wonderful man.

Nearest Urologists