Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

24th January 2019

The doctor is very good

24th January 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mr Anderson is a caring and compassionate Surgeon. is extremely proficient in his occupation , and I have the utmost confidence in his ability.

16th January 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mr Anderson is really determined to me as a patient to see if there is something wrong about my health.. I am blessed that he is the one who look after me.

14th January 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Saw Dr C Anderson on the 5/12/2018 for test results. Very pleasant made me feel at ease, even after waiting some time due to clinic over run and discussing my CT scans with colleague. He is very good at explaining what's going to happen next and when, and when I have had questions I've sent them to his Secretary and he has responded directly to me which is good.

11th January 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Dr. Anderson not only welcomed me very nicely but asked me how I was, how I was feeling... he explained to me the issue I have, how it works, what to do.. he showed the results of my tests, some graphics, and compared those to others in a book. Really pleasant to talk too, smily, serious and looking at my eyes all the time. I really appreciate this when talking about my health.

Short link to review Mr Christopher Anderson: http://iwgc.net/ecnzh