Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

14th July 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

The Doctor was very professional. more details about my condition (which I believe would be in the letter he promised to write) would have helped clarify the options of treatment available to me. I am definitely quite happy with my experience with the Doctor.

13th July 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

These are the reasons I think this doctor is great, Very thorough going through my note's and information Shows patients and understanding Gives good relevant advice

12th July 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

n/a

10th July 2018
Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital

Mr. Anderson visited me every morning whilst I was in Hospital to ensure my progress was as required. I also had unlimited access to Matta Kaikai (Urology clinical nurse specialist) who liaised between myself, Mr. Anderson and the hospital staff and was my total rock throughout my stay in The Princess Grace. The team worked extremely efficiently and I was attended to immediately when required. Matta has also been on the other end of the phone and text following my discharge from hospital and again could not have more attentive when I have contacted her which is vital when you do not have hospital support directly at hand The only thing I would suggest that could improve the care would be some form of hand out when discharged which details potential elements you may face and a ball park timescale of progression (i.e. minimum time when you should consider stop taking non prescription medication (paracetamol), A guideline to milestones (when you maybe able to lay on your sides in bed, a guide to what would facilitate driving again), Rough timescales for return to work, minimum timescales as to when you can take up excercising (gym, cycling, keep fit, pilates, yoga etc.), guide to timescales for recreational activities (golf, hiking etc..). I would find this helpful as a point of reference when managing my expectations. I know every patient and operation presents different issues etc.. but a rough guide would at least give some information that can be detailed to family, friends and the workplace

4th July 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mr Anderson has been treating me at his Urology clinic for the last year. I am very happy with the way he listened to my concerns and what he has done for me.

Short link to review Mr Christopher Anderson: http://iwgc.net/ecnzh