Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

14th March 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Mr Anderson is very professional but also very down to earth and easy to talk to. He treated me very successfully for a condition more than 10 years ago and I have since been back to him for a prostate problem and, more recently, what transpired to be a hydrocele. As on previous occasions, Mr Anderson saw me quickly, was thorough and reassuring, explaining everything in terms I was easily able to understand. He not only checked out my current problem but also asked about my previous prostate problem and checked that out too. I have great confidence in Mr Anderson and will always return to him with any urological problem I might have in the future. I highly recommend him as both an extremely knowledgeable and experienced professional and a kind and compassionate human being.

12th March 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Mr Anderson gives calm , sensible and pragmatic advice and says it how it is

9th March 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I would like to thank you and the urology department for the kind and patient manner I was treated and care for regarding my complex kidney Issues. The fact that I was informed every step of the way, speaks volumes of your excellence work. looking back and recollecting your guidance of monitoring my situation makes me appreciate your work and professionalism as the investigation were very thoroughly and assured. I am really happy with the assistance, treatment and service I received under your care.

7th March 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mr Anderson put me at ease. He explained thoroughly the diagnosis and the surgery he would have to undertake. He is a very warm person. Answers all your questions even ones that you may think are not necessary to ask. I am truly grateful for the care he has given to me.

6th March 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Excellent treatment from Mr. Anderson. After having been told by another consultant that my problem couldn't be treated, Mr Anderson sorted it in a matter of weeks. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Anderson.

Short link to review Mr Christopher Anderson: http://iwgc.net/ecnzh