Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

My original experiences with Mr.Anderson go back 2 1/2 years when he preformed life saving surgery just a few days before Christmas 2015, he listens to me with interest about any concerns I have and gives reassurance about issues that I have. Its difficult to make suggestions to improve my visit today as I was treated respectfully and with care. (long may it continue) . The nurse explained where I was in the queue and how long I might wait, I thought this was a nice touch. Thank you for caring and your support over the last 2 1/2 years.

Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital

My doctor is very polite gave me time needed to express my self , on the other hand he did explained to me what options I have and what will happen at every stage .highly recommend special that post operation care is very good , dr visit every morning , dr assistant available all day until 5 pm ,as well after discharge you can get answers to your equerries anytime by just texting or emailing.

Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital

Chris Anderson was mater of fact, clear and straightforward. The risks were flagged but fortunately the procedure was problem free. Very professional.

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mr Anderson was patient with my concerns about possible surgery, and very reassuring. The diagrams he showed me were clear and easy to follow, and he answered all my questions fully.

11th April 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Mr Anderson was extremely caring and attentive.

Short link to review Mr Christopher Anderson: http://iwgc.net/ecnzh