Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

19th February 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Dr Anderson was polite & considerate during the whole of my appointment and he gave me opportunity to ask questions and listened to my concerns.

14th February 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I had to have one of my kidneys and tube removed due to having a tumour which was a very hard and stressful time for myself and close family. Mr Christopher Anderson and team did a great job from beginning to end explaining the whole diagnosis and procedure. The operation was a success and I’m now fully recovered and enjoying life all thanks to this wonderful man.

12th February 2019
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

I selected Mr Anderson for expertise in prostatic healthcare and his highly skilled surgical and pioneering techniques. In addition, for his International experience and recognition. All these factors have provided me with the greatest confidence. Having become a patient I very much appreciate his expert advice and explanatory discussions on the approach and options for my treatment

12th February 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I chose Mr Anderson as i needed a second opinion after my left kidney gave me a disappointing result in 2009. I was pleased with the way he listened and allowed me to ask questions. He comes across as confident and most knowledgeable in his specialist field. I have trust in him. How could more than one Urology Clinic a week be increased? this will enable patients who work have a little flexibility.

8th February 2019
Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital

Last year I was diagnosed with a malignant tumour on my left kidney. Mr Chris Anderson was I found to be a most competent surgeon and his relaxed manner was most comforting. I had the operation on 21st February and am now on the way to recovery. Should I in the future require a urologist I would have no hesitation in contacting him. Great work most inspiring!

Short link to review Mr Christopher Anderson: http://iwgc.net/ecnzh