Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

19th September 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I think that Mr Christopher Anderson is a first class doctor, he has opperated on me and the results could not have been better, also the staff that have been working with the doctor are also first class, it is only through his work that I am still hear to write this feedback. 10/10 A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

18th September 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mr Christopher Anderson is a pleasant, understanding and caring man. On all occasions he had the ability to listen and reassure me of what is going on.I would recommend him highly to anyone needing medical advice.

13th September 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

What can I say? This man helped to save my life and he explained everything I needed to know.

29th August 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

My experience with Mr. Anderson has been good. He listens and takes my views on board. His analysis of my condition is thorough and thoughtful.

18th August 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

What do you say about a man who saved your life? Mr. Anderson operated me to remove my prostate using his De Vinci robot --- 5 hours on a Saturday morning assisted by Mr. Ben Ayres. When their registrar met me in the clinic, prior to this and all the scans etc., he told me that my cancer was " a tiger --- not a pussy cat!" I had no real options but to let him arrange for a robotic operation. They were performing two of these procedures each week at that time. The method used meant that I turned up at the hospital at 06-30 on Saturday morning and went home on Sunday afternoon. My wife was still a theatre nurse at the time and I have a son-in-law who is a G.P. Therefore the injections etc. which are necessary following surgery were no problem to me when I arrived home. The follow-up care for the next 5 years was carried out very professionally by Mr. Anderson's excellent team. I had no real symptoms of the disease but pure luck took me to the theatre where this experienced surgeon and his proficient surgical team worked their magic. I was an NHS patient but always treated with the greatest respect. Harriet Jones, the team's secretary, is also a star. She was always there to deal with my queries.

Short link to review Mr Christopher Anderson: http://iwgc.net/ecnzh