Mr Christopher Abela

Chris is a fully licensed consultant plastic, reconstructive and cosmetic surgeon with over 20 years’ of highly specialist training completed in London, Los Angeles and Cape Town. Chris is originally from Northumberland and was educated at Cambridge University where he completed his medical training, obtaining degrees in medicine and surgery. Chris has a fellowship in Plastic Surgery (FRCS) from the Royal College of Surgeons and a higher degree in cosmetic surgery. He is on the General Medical Council’s specialist register for plastic surgery (GMC No 4673028) and extensive training has allowed him membership of the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic surgeons, the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, the Royal Society of Medicine, the Royal College of Surgeons of England and the British Burns Association. Chris consults for the NHS both as a consultant plastic surgeon at West Middlesex Hospital and within the craniofacial unit and plastic surgery department at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. Chelsea and Westminster Hospital provides specialist services for North West London and Chris is a core member of the North West London Skin Cancer Specialist Multidisciplinary team, it is also provides national services for neurofibromatosis and general plastic surgery support to the post massive weight loss multidisciplinary team. Chris dedicates a proportion of his time to research and training, particularly in the area of craniofacial deformities and is currently an Honorary Clinical Lecturer at Imperial College London. In 2012, he completed research at the Kensington Science Museum on variation in 3D facial morphology – ‘Me in 3D’. Chris is also passionate about charity work and has volunteered for the charity ‘facing the world’ since 2007. He was a key member of the team that successfully coordinated the separation of twins, conjoint at the head.

• Plastic surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

21st November 2017
Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

I had the great fortune to be placed under the care of Dr. Abela following Mohs surgery on my nose. Truly, I am in awe of this mans great talent. I look at my nose today, two years on from the surgery, and despite having a divet the size of a 5p piece removed, I can barely see it. And I say this as a fairly image-conscious person. The odd thing is, to this day, despite having had it explained to me, I really don’t know how he did it. It’s that good. In another circumstance, I might be permanently self-conscious about my nose but thanks to Dr. Abela this is not the case and I will always be thankful to him. I cannot speak more highly of this talented surgeon.

19th October 2017
Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

Having an operation is always traumatic and when it is to do with cancer you go into overdrive. Mr Abela was most kind and professional, he explained things simply and calmly. The result was perfect and I can't thank him or his team enough for getting me through the worrying time. Anthony Cervera - Jackson.

29th September 2017
Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

Mr Abela carried out his work in a very professional and considerate manner The Instruction and explanation of my operation was fully described and made me at ease on my recovery period

28th September 2017
Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

Over the past year I have attended outpatient appts and had removal and reconstructive surgery(including a forehead flap) of my nose, post diagnosis of a large Basal cell carcinoma. Throughout the whole process Dr Abela was professional, approachable, friendly and answered any queries I had. I did not once feel rushed during an appt. Friends and family have commented on how well the scars have healed. I work as a nurse in the NHS and Dr Abela and special mention of Dr Singh (Registrar) made what can seem like a very daunting experience achievable and that the end result would be positive. I felt completely confident with the care I received throughout the whole process. I cannot recommend Dr Abela enough- a great doctor and compassionate person.

14th September 2017
Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

I thought Chris was a very approachable and honest doctor. I had great results with the surgery and would highly reccomend him.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »