Mr Chatenya Chauhan

Mr Chauhan has been a consultant in trauma and orthopaedic surgery since 2002 with a focus on trauma, arthroscopic and joint replacement work mainly around the lower limb. He graduated from Dundee University & lectured in Sheffield University in Anatomy and Physiology. After completing basic surgical training there, Orthopaedic training commenced in Leeds followed by a fellowship at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Birmingham. Arthroscopy and cartilage research was undertaken at Smith and Nephew’s Research Facility in York and University College London helped to validate the early imaging of cartilage and establish an arthroscopic service in Southend-on-Sea where he was appointed as a Consultant. During the time there he has developed minimally invasive approach to anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction making it possible to use a novel approach to hamstring ligament harvesting. Research interests included developing methods of treatment for cartilage damage. Mr. Chauhan is described as a caring individual with his approach to patients and their needs using great attention to detail. These are qualities that keep patients giving the highest recommendation and are also seen in the approach to individualised teaching of Foundation, Core and Speciality Trainees as well as General Practitioner colleagues.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

25th October 2019

On my recent visit I was seen earlier than my appointment time, on previous occasions the clinic has run 2 hours behind. I can thoroughly recommend Mr. Chauhan, I have been a patient of his for about 18 months. He listens and gives excellent advice on how to help the problem. After a procedure on my knee, I can now work out without any pain and have even started to run again. I could not have done this with Mr. Chauhan help, advice and expertise. I can now understand why sometimes he’s clinic run behind, it is because he helps and cares about he’s patients.

22nd October 2019

I found Mr Chauhan to be a very approachable man who listened to any concerns I had.He was friendly and the aftercare was second to none.i would certainly recommend this doctor to anyone.

18th June 2019

Mr Chauhan performed a partial knee replacement on me in March 2018.I could not have asked for a better surgeon.He was kind and caring and answered all my questions.My scar is very neat (everyone who sees it comments on that)and i have had no pain since my recovery.Would recommend him to anyone that is having surgery

7th May 2019

Mr Chauhan, showed me great respect, listened, and very much in tune with his patients & understood my issues with my left knee. Arranged a replacement in a timely manner. He carried out the operation with skill and expertise leaving me with a very neat minimal scar, not much pain just soreness. I was able to bend my knee to 120 degrees within just 3 weeks. I am now 6mths post op and am able to treat the knee as a normal knee. Now waiting for my other knee to be replaced and can say I would not trust another surgeon to operate on me. Mr Chauhan showed kindness and authority within a good sense of humour, I cannot thank him enough.

21st May 2019
Response from Mr Chatenya Chauhan

Thank you, your words mean so much. The work I do in striving to get the results like your knee rewards me with a great deal of happiness. Thank you.

15th March 2019

From the first appointment and throughout Dr Chauhan demonstrated professionalism, courtesy, respect, and a genuine interest in my well being all of which put me at ease and made me feel I mattered to him. Dr Chauhan is a credit to his profession and a tremendous asset to the Hospital

24th April 2019
Response from Mr Chatenya Chauhan

Thank you for your words. I am dedicated to improving the lives that I touch. I am so pleased you have felt that care and compassion.

Short link to review Mr Chatenya Chauhan: http://iwgc.net/eeaei