Mr Borzoueh Mohammadi

Borzoueh (Boz) Mohammadi, Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal and General Surgeon, qualified from the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine in 1999, passing with Distinction and achieving several prizes. Having completed his training in London, he pursued fellowships in Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric surgery at UCLH, and complex oesophagogastric cancer surgery at the Royal Marsden Hospital.  He has been a consultant surgeon at UCLH since 2013 and is an honorary senior lecturer at UCL. He is also the chair of upper GI sMDT at UCLH. Speciality General Surgery, Upper GI Surgery, Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery Areas of Interest Laparoscopic Gallbladder surgery; Laparoscopic and open hernia surgery; Anterior abdominal wall reconstructions; Endoscopy; Benign Complex and Malignant (cancer) Oesophagogastric surgery; Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery; Laparoscopic Antireflux surgery; Laparoscopic surgery for Achalasia, lumps and bumps and skin lesions, Robotic Surgery, Endostim antireflux surgery

24th April 2018
Written by a patient at University College Hospital

I was treated by Mr Mohammadi for a second hernia operation after a first (laparoscopic) one by a different surgeon failed. I have worked as a clinician for thirty years in the NHS and am full of admiration for him, being particularly struck by how understanding he was of the predicament I found myself in, and the feelings associated with that (being in pain and significantly incapacitated, but unable to bring forward my NHS appointment). I was assessed expertly and compassionately. All matters I considered relevant were discussed fully. I was seen privately at the Spire Hospital Bushey, but had I seen Mr Mohammadi on the NHS I have no doubt that his treatment of me would have been every bit as considerate and thorough, such is my impression of the man. There was absolutely no sense of rush or that the consultation was merely "routine". And every indication, now three months on, is that the procedure has gone well.

24th February 2018
Written by a carer at University College Hospital

Mr Mohammadi treated my husband for repeat hernia surgery. The previous operation by another surgeon had been unsuccessful. I cannot speak highly enough of Mr Mohammadi's listening skills. My husband was the patient, so appropriately he addressed my husband in the consultation, however he also frequently checked whether I too had something to say. I have never been treated so respectfully in a joint consultation. He made sure we understood what the operation involved. He gave the consultation the time that it needed. He also worked around our timing maximising the possibility for the operation to happen and recovery to begin and for me to still keep a commitment in the States. The surgery was successful and I am indeed profoundly grateful to Mr Mohammadi for his technical skills. The human contact on either side of the surgery was what makes Mr Mohammadi an outstanding doctor. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

21st January 2018
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

I was recommended to Mr Mohammadi to discuss having my Gallbladder removed. Prior to seeing him I was quite anxious, knowing I needed surgery, but having been denied Carpal Tunnel surgery a couple of months earlier at Bishop's Wood Hospital due to my medical history posing a risk. At my initial Consultation Mr Mohammadi reviewed my Watford General hospital notes thoroughly, explained everything about the surgery and reassured me completely. He suggested it would be advisable for me to have the Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy at The London Clinic where there were ICU facilities, should they be needed. I was quite happy about this as it was such a relief to know the surgery I needed could go ahead. I had my pre-op Assessment at The London Clinic and was very impressed with the efficiency with which all the tests were carried out. Mr Mohammadi had suggested I should meet Ms Koutra, the anaesthetist, during my Assessment because of my complex medical history and I found her very charming and exceedingly reassuring. When I went to The London Clinic on the day of my surgery I had no anxiety at all because Mr Mohammadi had explained everything thoroughly and I knew he was arranging for me to be monitored in the ICU overnight following the surgery. I'm sure the comfort, facilities and wonderful nursing care I received in the ICU speeded up my recovery. Mr Mohammadi ensured I had first class care from my initial Consultation right through to my follow up appointment yesterday. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Mr Mohammadi as a surgeon, not only because of his medical skills in what turned out to be a more complex surgery than anticipated, but because he has such a pleasant manner and spends whatever time is needed to ensure he has answered any questions you may have.

12th January 2018
Written by a patient at University College Hospital

It is almost three months since I emerged from a surgical operation performed on my esophagus and stomach at UCLH by the excellent surgeons Borzoueh Mohammadi and Nima Abbassi and backed up by their support teams. I feel super well, better than I have felt for 20 years, and am confident these superb guys work has positively impacted my life! I want to thank these gentlemen from the deepest depths of my soul for what they team have done for me. I can't imagine the skill, knowledge and resources that have made this possible. What is perhaps sometimes underestimated, but critical in my view, is the natural empathy and understanding they showed me and their genuine concern and time they offered in regards to my welfare. Many people often relate fears and negative comments relating to being in hospitals, but I found my experience at UCLH actually very uplifting on many levels. I just wanted to give you surgeons a big thanks and also to thank their surgical support team, the excellent recovery team, and of course those incredibly hard working nursing teams on T6. I am determined to look after this new investment you have provided me. My best regards, Ross Dimmock

28th October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

Mr Mohammadi is so suited to his profession. He has clearly gone into medicine for all the right reasons. I cannot speak highly enough of him after he operated on me. At a consultation he immediately puts you at ease and radiates confidence with his knowledge, calmness and the fact he listens. During his conversations with me he showed me respect, politeness, patience, rounded off with a cheerful disposition. He spoke at a level which a non medical person could understand and made sure I understood everything before he moved on. He is obviously a very busy man but there is no attempt to rush a consultation. A genuinely nice and modest man. My operation and my post op went much better than I could have hoped for. I have already recommended him to a dear friend. I know he will look after her well.

Short link to review Mr Borzoueh Mohammadi: http://iwgc.net/efm34