mr-bjorn-telgenkamp

Mr Bjorn Telgenkamp

Written by a patient at Royal Sussex County Hospital
3rd June 2020

Bjorn Telgenkamp had a Clinic telephone call with me in our mother tongue - Dutch - which was soo nice as I hardly speak that language. He put my worries about my aneurisms in my legs completely at rest which the previous vascular surgeon had not. He also confirmed that I could if needed contact his secretary at any time, which is so positive to know. He seem to have carried out his homework extremely well, which impressed me and gave me confidence. Hence I was very pleased with the telephone clinic. Thank you !

8th June 2020
Response from Mr Bjorn Telgenkamp

Thank you very much for your kind review. I also really enjoyed talking Dutch again and I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience. My team and I keep trying to improve every day.

Written by a patient at Royal Sussex County Hospital
8th May 2020

Mr Telgenkamp is the only person I could ever trust to get his hands inside my poor little old body. He's pretty good at fixing his patients and keeping them ticking over too. Having faith in one's surgeon is paramount..............Mr Telgenkamp is true, honest, trustworthy and doesn't 'beat about the bush'. We are so appreciative that he is using his excellent skills down here in Sussex. HE IS A SWEETIE

11th May 2020
Response from Mr Bjorn Telgenkamp

Many thanks for your very kind review. I feel humbled and will continue to give my best.

Written by a patient at Conquest Hospital
28th April 2020

I was apprehensive at the outset but Mr Telgenkamp & team was very reassuring at the initial consultation. Upon his advice I had varicose vein surgery in January performed by his colleague Mr Edwards and I am pleased with the outcome. Many thanks to all those involved in my treatment. Stay safe......

28th April 2020
Response from Mr Bjorn Telgenkamp

Many thanks for your kind review

#sayThankYou

Hi Doc Thanks for your copy letter received today. It is appreciated. However I now have a bit more of a problem and need to contact you. Is it possible you could phone me at home. Kind regards Joan Joan Westbrook

17th April 2020
Written by a patient at Conquest Hospital
18th February 2020

I was seen today by Mr Telgenkamp who was very kind and informative. I was totally reassured by the answers he gave to my list of questions and now fully understand what to expect from both a treatment point of view and expectations as to the growth of the abdominal aortic aneurysm I have which was only discovered last November when I had a bladder scan. Thank you Mr Telgenkamp, you could not have been nicer and thanks too to your nurse. Obviously a happy team. Jeanne Bini

19th February 2020
Response from Mr Bjorn Telgenkamp

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We, as a team, always try to give the attention a person deserves and are happy to hear we succeeded. Thanks again for the 5 star review.

I have been trained as a general surgeon and vascular surgeon in Maastricht and Heerlen in the Netherlands. Following this I decided to do a subspecialty in Endovascular techniques and did a fellowship with Prof. Verhoeven in Nurnberg, Germany. This was followed by a specialised Vascular Fellowship in 2 centres of excellence in London (Imperial College - St. Mary's and Guy's & St. Thomas' Hospital). Following my qualification, I started working as a consultant vascular surgeon in 2015 for the Sussex Vascular Network working in Brighton & Sussex University Hospital, Conquest Hospital, Hastings & Eastbourne District General Hospital. My main areas of interest are care for the diabetic foot and endovascular treatments. In 2018 I became the chair for the Sussex Diabetic Foot steering group.

Nearest Vascular and transplant surgeons