Mr Ben Spiegelberg was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2023 for delivering outstanding care.

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
24th February 2024

From the moment I met Mr Spiegelberg I had complete confidence in him and this proved to be completely justified. Every part of the process was efficient, well explained and effectively executed. Mr Spiegelberg is kind and reassuring and he gives you time to ask questions throughout the process. My recovery under the care of Mr Spiegelberg has been speedy. Listen to everything Mr Spiegelberg and his staff tell you to do and you will recover very well. In particular patients need to believe the staff when they tell you to take the stronger pain relief so that you get mobile as soon as possible. I am very grateful for everything Mr Spiegelberg and his team have done to significantly improve the quality of my life. Thank you.

Written by a private patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
22nd February 2024

I am a nearly-70 year old woman who had a right total hip replacement on 16.1.24. I am writing to confirm the excellence of my care when I stayed for 2 nights in hospital over the time of my surgery. In particular, I have a serious psychiatric diagnosis which makes me very vulnerable. I am writing to say that the care I received throughout my stay met all my needs. I had described to Mr Spiegelberg what these were, and he arranged his team's care to meet these needs. Anxiety was one of my main symptoms, at the surface of my serious diagnosis, but Mr Spiegelberg's team reassured, helped, and allowed me to keep myself stable throughout. In addition, the surgery was excellent from every perspective. I am very grateful to Mr Spiegelberg and his team.

Written by a NHS patient at One Hatfield Hospital
13th February 2024

I cannot recommend Mr Ben Spiegelberg highly enough. I had a partial knee replacement just before Christmas and 6 weeks later I was walking normally with very little discomfort. He is professional, kind and courteous with a nice sense of humour. His whole team were brilliant, from pre-op assessment, post surgery care and physio. The care I received from everyone was amazing. Thank you so much.

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
31st January 2024

We can't recommend him highly enough! Brilliant from start to finish following my husband's successful Total Knee Replacement. He's a true gentleman, inspires confidence, is professional, reassuring with a lovely pleasant bedside manner and sense of humour.

Written by a private patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
24th January 2024

Full Hip replacement-robot assusted Mr S was excellent. Practical, helpful, and most importantly the operation and recovery went very well.

Mr. Ben Spiegelberg is a consultant orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in adult hip and knee surgery. He underwent specialist training at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore and subsequent Specialist Registrar training on the Oxford registrar rotation centred at Oxford University. He spent a year in Canada on the internationally renowned University of Western Ontario Adult Reconstruction Fellowship program prior to being appointed Consultant at West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

Mr Spiegelberg sees and treats many orthopaedic conditions and fractures. His sub-specialty interests are hip and knee surgery, including knee and hip replacement, partial knee replacement, arthroscopy (keyhole surgery), cartilage transplantation and revision (redo) joint replacements.

Mr. Spiegelberg always gives his best and aims to provide an 'outstanding performance' in all aspects of clinical care. He is a determined person with a passion, enthusiasm and dedication for his speciality. He brings this into the workplace by enhancing his teamworking skills to ensure that optimal patient satisfaction and outcomes are achieved. He treats all patients with respect, dignity and empathy enabling them to feel involved in the decision making and understand the treatment options being proposed to them. He is friendly, helpful and encouraging to all members of the team that work with him and in so doing encompasses a 'team player' attitude.