Mr Barrie White

• Neurosurgery

6th December 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

I had a tumour removed from the spine on 16th November 2016. I saw Mr White twice before my operation and he explained the MRI scans and operation to me and my husband in a calm way that made me much less anxious about what to expect. I had lots of information given to me which also prepared me and support if needed from Laurian prior to the operation which was reassuring. I cannot fault any care I received from Mr White and his team as well all the staff who looked after me on the ward. I still have support if I'm worried about anything which is good and a follow up appointment in due course. Thank you.

25th November 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

I have nothing but grateful thanks to offer to Mr White for my continued care after my operation in April 2010. Any queries I may have are answered fully and I am reassured about any future treatment.

30th September 2016
Written by a carer at Queen's Medical Centre

. Mr White explained exactly what he was going to do and showed us all the MRI scans in detail before the operation. He put my husbands mind completely at rest before the operation. On the day of the operation my husband was in theatre about 6 or 7 hours, and Mr White rang me himself to reassure me all went well and george was in recovery. Every morning after the operation he went in to see george, and after 3 days was let home. We have now received a follow up appointment for 4 weeks after the op to go back for checkup. We have also had a letter explaining that the tumour was not a problem, and all clear. We highly recomend anyone to Mr White, he is highly competent and a very caring person.

22nd September 2016
Written by a member of staff at Queen's Medical Centre

Excellent colleague thoughtful careful and skilled surgeon

22nd September 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with a spinal cord tumour earlier this year and referred to Mr White, following an MRI Scan. He is an excellent neurosurgeon and puts you at ease from the moment you meet him. He explained everything fully about the surgery and all of the risks, etc in a clear and concise way. I was scheduled for surgery quickly and he phoned my partner as soon as the operation was over to let him know how it went. I was looked after really well on the wards and visited by Mr White on several occasions. I wanted to say a big thanks to all of his team, Laurie and also all of the brilliant nurses/staff on the ward. The operation went really well and I have now fully recovered and most importantly have no more pain! I highly recommend Mr White and all of his team at QMC if you are unfortunately diagnosed with a similar condition - you are in good hands!

Nearest Neurosurgeons