Mr Barrie White

• Neurosurgery

14th January 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

My operation on my spine was a great success , a cyst or tumour was found in my lower back which could have paralysed me if I had not had the surgery. Mr White was very clear and thorough in explaining the diagnosis and medical situation , the risks involved with the surgery and in a method we could all understand. The operation went smoothly with the team led by Mr White. He is a very caring doctor and surgeon and I have full faith in him. My husband and sons were confident in him also and could not speak more highly of him. Thank you Mr White. Anjali Bowry

2nd January 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

I am very sorry for writing this review so late. I met Mr White on the 4th October 2016 I was so anxious prior to my appointment. Mr White made me feel at ease, he did not just talk he actually talked with me. He explained all in such a way that I could understand about my diagnosis. I had my surgery on the 26th October 2016 and my family and I prayers were answered as I had the best surgeon. I would recommend Mr White to anyone who has problems in his speciality. He is passionate and caring. I also think he should run course for Junior Doctors as they could learn a lot about patient centred care, especially bed side manners. My family and I would like to say thank you. Pray that God will continue to bless you

20th December 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

I simply can't praise Mr White and his team too highly. The levels of skill, compassion and care encountered during my operation to remove a spinal meningioma were exemplary. Four months following my surgery I am now fitter than I was years ago and the crisis of almost being paralysed is now a distant memory. Thank you Mr White, Nurse Coates, Dr Hancock and the NSPU team.

17th December 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

I have just received a letter from Mr White informing me of results a recent mri scan which are all positive. I can only once again thank Mr White for removing a tumour from my spine and thus saving my life. His team were dedicated and caring as is Mr White. Thankyou so much Gwyneth Lane.

17th December 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

I am not sure where to start with the praise, gratitude and respect I have for Mr White but going to try - here's my story and I hope it helps others Going to through a similar situation. After having dumbness in my feet for months which moved up into my legs I decided it was the time to investigate. I had numerous test which didn't identify anything so was referred for an MRI. Less than a week later I received a call (on a Friday night) to ask to meet my consultant about the results. My Consultant at Derby referred me to Mr White as he is the expert in this field. I was extremely anxious due to how quick it had been and had a very stressful wait over the weekend to find out more. Mr White rang me first thing on Monday and explained over the phone that he believes that there is a tumour growing on my spinal cord but - the words I desperately wanted to hear - expected it was benign. Mr White agreed for me to meet him the next day to ask any questions I had and I could not have been more reassured and informed after that meeting. I knew from that point that I was extremely blessed to have been referred to Mr White for my surgery. My pre-op was arranged 1 week before surgery and again Mr White never rushed through the information, was totally honest with me about the risks and explained the procedure in a way I totally understood and could explain to my family. At the pre-op I also met Laurie, Mr White's Nurse Practitioner who realised how anxious I was but again provided calm and comfort at a time I needed it most. I went in for surgery on 14th December 2016, and feel great! Mr White and Laurie came to visit me in the evening after my surgery and said how well it had gone - even though I knew this after being under the best care in the Country! Although i haven't seen it everyone has said how neat and small the incision to remove the tumour in my spine is - another example of the exemplarary work by Mr White. I hope to be back home on Monday and spending Christmas with my family which is all down to the dedication, commitment care and compassion Mr White has given me - the best Christmas present of all.

Nearest Neurosurgeons