Mr Barrie White

 

Specialises in:

  • Neurosurgery
 

Works at:

Where this Doctor works


 

Recent Reviews

 
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
Page 1 of 23
 
Recommend
1 2 3 4 5

Trust
1 2 3 4 5

Listening
1 2 3 4 5
5th March 2017
Written by a carer at Queen's Medical Centre

I attended QMC in January with my Mother for an assessment with Dr Barrie White, the surgeon who operated on a tumour on her spine. From the offset Dr White put all of us at ease, explaining the operation and the recovery. Obviously he had to explain the risks but we felt confident she was going to be in good hands. Without going into great detail, I wish it to be known the operation was a success thanks to Dr White and his fantastic team at QMC and to anyone reading this review please be comforted by knowing if you are to be looked after by Dr Barrie White and his team, you will be amongst the best in their profession.

Recommend
1 2 3 4 5

Trust
1 2 3 4 5

Listening
1 2 3 4 5
18th February 2017
Written by a carer at Queen's Medical Centre

Mr White was absolutely brilliant with my adult son who has a complex neurosurgical difficulties. My son also has learning difficulties and finds consultations with new medics very stressful. We had absolutely nothing to fear! Mr White listened to our son and ourselves as parents, completely empathising with us and the journey that we had all been on. I would highly recommend this consultant.

Recommend
1 2 3 4 5

Trust
1 2 3 4 5

Listening
1 2 3 4 5
8th February 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

I had a spinal operation 3months ago and dr White did my surgery. He's not like most doctors I've seen before as he's got time for you and listens to you and a good sense of humor which I like as most doctors are to serious but dr White makes you feel at ease. He was brilliant he told me everything I needed to know and explained it in detail and in laymen terms, he also listened to anything I had to say which made me feel very comfortable. Top doctor 10 out of ten

Recommend
1 2 3 4 5

Trust
1 2 3 4 5

Listening
1 2 3 4 5
3rd February 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

In 1997 I was diagnosed with a benign tumour on my spine. I saw a consultant who told me of this and kept on telling me that there was a 1 per cent chance that I would never walk again. He kept repeating this over and over again and I am so glad my mother had come to this appointment with me, as you can well imagine I was already in a delicate state and this upset me even further - I have many tablets at home and if I wasn't a more stable person I would have gone home and taken them, my mother heard this consultant say I would have the best surgeon there was to operate on me - she asked his name and got the reply Barrie White - my mum rang the QMC and within a week I was in hospital being operated on. I was so nervous but when I came round from the operation Mr White (although working on me for 7 hours) rang my mum and told her to come to the hospital to see me (to give her peace of mind). Anyway I WAS able to walk again and when I discussed this consultant with Mr White he said there was probably a 10 per cent chance that I wasn't going to be able to walk but a 90 per cent chance that I WOULD (He is such a positive person). I am still in contact with this very genuine, kind man and I let every know how wonderful he is. I am sorry for going on but I can't say enough about this lovely man.

Recommend
1 2 3 4 5

Trust
1 2 3 4 5

Listening
1 2 3 4 5
2nd February 2017
Written by a patient at Queen's Medical Centre

I was referred for a follow up appointment with Mr White January where lumbar stenosis was diagnosed. Mr White had previously performed a cervical decompression operation in November 2015 for cervical stenosis which went very well. I regained my balance which I had lost and was unable walk without sticks. As before, at this appointment he listened to my concerns and answered my questions. Mr White explained the procedure he would perform and benefits and the risks of this procedure. He always shows compassion and I would highly recommend Mr White as I feel very lucky to be under his care. Christina Selby


« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
Page 1 of 23

Nearest Neurosurgeons

1 2 3 4 5 (2)
0 miles

1 2 3 4 5 (1)
0 miles

1 2 3 4 5 (3)
0 miles

1 2 3 4 5 (5)
0 miles


Resources

Short link to review Mr Barrie White: http://iwgc.net/efda

Help other patients and leave feedback for a:


- Clinician
- Medicine
- Treatment
- Hospital
- GP Surgery
- Dental Surgery
- Wheelchair Service
 
iWantGreatCare uses cookies to help make the website work better for you. More information about cookies and how they are used can be viewed here.