mr-balaji-purushothaman

Mr Balaji Purushothaman

« 1 2 3 4 »

4th January 2021

Fantastic standard of care as well as honest medical information provided. After having a massive shock due to requiring emergency multi level spinal surgery, especially during this COVID-19 pandemic. All I can say for anyone worried about surgery during theses times, DONT BE! I received nothing but an outstanding experience all round.

17th December 2020

My husband was admitted into Sunderland Royal Hospital for a urgent MRI for suspected metastatic spinal cord compression. Mr. Balaji Purushothaman confirmed that this was in fact the case and advised my husband than an operation would be advisable. He also rang to inform myself as I was not allowed into hospital because of current restrictions of the same recommendation and all possible outcomes. After these discussions he preformed the operation the following morning which has proved to be extremely successful. The care and support my husband was afforded was exceptional. His mobility improved within days and is now on reduced pain relief, bearing in mind that he had suffered tremendous pain for months. I am very grateful that Mr. Balaji Purushothaman kept me informed throughout the process as it is very difficult when visiting patients is not allowed. The following information is completed on behalf of my husband.

3rd December 2020

Life before surgery I was in agony, Dr Purushothaman was excellent throughout the whole care journey. From the beginning, and even whilst going through the pandemic, I was kept informed of treatment and explained everything that was needed to get me well again. After having the surgery, my life was transformed, having an active life again without pain that I can now enjoy with my family. I feel very thankful for the care from everyone. A huge thank you to Dr Purushothaman and his team, you’ve all made a huge difference to my life, thank you again.

14th November 2020

Excellent manner, explain Everything about the procedure in great detail. The operation was 100% successful, long recovery period with lots of muscle wastage. Now back to full strength, long walks and back in the gym training every day with no restrictions. I am very great full to Mr Purushothaman for reinstating my fitness which has allowed me to continue with my charity in Tanzania

Written by a carer at Sunderland Royal Hospital
12th November 2020

Mr Purushothaman’s care of my Dad has been fantastic. He is very caring, understanding and reassuring. My Dad, who is now 79 years old, came into hospital as he had lost all mobility, he was unable to walk and could not use his hands so was unable to feed or dress himself. It was identified that he had compression of the spinal column. Mr P operated on my Dad’s spine. He explained that they were hoping only to stop any deterioration in my Dad’s condition but couldn’t guarantee any improvement. Almost immediately after surgery we saw an improvement and now, over a year later, my Dad is able to walk with the aid of a frame, is able to use cutlery to feed himself and even hold a pen to complete his crossword puzzles. All things we hadn’t dared to hope for, we are all so grateful for the quality of life that has been given back to my Dad and to us as a family. We can’t thank Mr Purushothaman enough for everything he has done.

« 1 2 3 4 »

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Mr Purushothaman specialises in treating patients with neck and back problems. The treatment is tailored to each individual patient, and can range from non-surgical methods such as physiotherapy and spinal injections to surgery, when appropriate. He performs the following procedures successfully Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion Anterior Cervical Disc Replacement Posterior Cervical Decompression and fusion Lumbar Microdiscectomy Lumbar Decompression Lumbar Decompression and fusion Vertebroplasty Kyphoplasty Sacroplasty

Short link to review Mr Balaji Purushothaman: http://iwgc.net/ecn43