Mr Babak Arvin

• Neurosurgery

« 1 2 3 4 »

27th December 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Mr arvin Operated on me twice Initially to conduct a craniotomy To relieve pressure on my brain When I suffered a stroke Mr arvin. Also conducted a cranioplasty To repair my skull Mr arvin Keep me informed And updated throughout He put me at ease throughout the process and I Was exceptionally well looked after throughout And mr arvin gave me great confidence from start to finish. A couple of months have passed since my operation and I am very happy with the results. Scans following the operation confirm that the metal plate is in perfect position and that there are no issues whatsoever I would recommed me arvin. My friends and family compliment me on the results of my operation. The scars are neat tidy and healing very well

22nd December 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Kind helpful doctor. Explained exactly what the operation entailed. Everything went as planned.

15th December 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

My problem started in December 2012 when I realised I was getting some strange pains in my knock and a burning sensation in my right arm. At that time I was 62 , retired and enjoying life and very fit for my age. The pains got worse, in a short space of time. My GP went down all the usual channels with pain killers such as paracetomel , co-codamol etc .Very slight pain relief but not much. By March I was not sleeping very well and had to sleep in another room. Other pains appeared such as all my teeth aching at once. I darent look up at all and was starting to get depressed. Eventually I was referred to Orsett hospital where the pain consultant prescribed Gabapentin and I was immediately put on 900mg dose. This took 3-4 weeks to get into my system but it did give me enough relief so as to be able to do some exercise on an exercise bike, some weights ,laying on the floor and some long walks(now not able to drive). I was then given a referral to see Mr ARvin at Broomfied which is my local hospital, although Mr ARvin's practice was at Queens. I had an MRI and it was clear I had a compressed disc at C6 , C7 and C5 were not looking good either. and after seeing MrArvin a about 5 times through that summer a date was fixed for my operation ( ACDF ). Unfortunately the date was changed after a few unforeseen cancellations but I went in for my operation at Queens in January2014 . It was a long op but when I came round I was a totally different person immediately, which I myself found absolutely amazing let alone what others thought. Throughout this whole process Mr ARvin and his team were fabulous,including his secretary and administrative staff. He told me all the good and bad things and the odds of something going wrong, which were minimal. He assessed me and my health regularly,after all I was of an age!. On the day of the op he was very calm and reassuring and he always made me feel confident about getting better. I am now 67,still racing my Solo dinghy,still cycling and walking a fair bit, all relatively pain free, only when I push things too far do I get some pain but that soon goes. Yes I have lost 10pc of mobility but I hardly notice it. I will always be grateful to Mr ARvin and his team for giving me back my life which I live to the full.

26th November 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

Mr Arvin treated me for a broken neck. At all times he was open, clear in his explanations and advice, as well as being consistently genuinely friendly and caring. Clearly highly competent and well regarded by the staff and other patients who instils complete trust and encourages two-way communication. My recovery is, in major part, down to his thoughtful advice and care along with the excellent staff at Queens. A particularly nice touch is the offer from him for me to get in touch in the future if I have any further concerns or issues with my injury. Fairly typical and indicative of his overall approach.

20th November 2016
Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital

I was in the neuro critical care at queens hospital, I suffered a bleed on the brain and was put in a sedated coma for two days and I suffered hydrochephealus so had to have a drain inserted into my skull to release the pressure in my brain. I received excellent treatment from all the team from nurses to consultants. On the ward I had 24 hour care, they were there for me and were there for my family and my wife giving support and keeping us all aware of the current critical situation. As I got better I realised how lucky I was to survive as I got told that 80% Of people do not reach the hospital. All the staff on the neuro critical care unit were all supportive and excellent right through my recovery. Mr Bakar Arvin also phoned me at home to confirm that my MRI scan results were clear and that if I had any questions or problems not to hesitate to phone him. As a personal comment I had first class treatment, and I survived this critical illness.

« 1 2 3 4 »